LOVE THE IDEA OF BRACES? YES OR NO?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtnee

Courtnee
Reaction score
Okay, so, who loves the idea of braces, anyone? Who hates the idea of them? Say what and why you think what you think.....

I went to a couple orthodontists a few years back as I was worried about getting TMJ issues later on due to jaw alignment, but ended up getting two totally different stories.  One said two years of braces, and everything would be fine.  The other said I'd need braces plus two surgeries; very different stories (and $2000 in difference) lol.  I think I may have to get a third opinion.  Apparently, it would have been easier if I had them when I was a kid, but back then I was told I didn't really need them at the time.  I was hoping to get the newer clear Invislign type that can be removed to eat, brush, etc., but they wouldn't do as a good of job as the metal bracket ones, so it's something I'm currently thinking on still.

Where I came from, wearing braces is a big deal because it somehow has something to do with social status (braces are expensive). I wore braces for a long time and had them removed as a requirement when I applied for cabin crew position. I can say I was relieved because wearing ortho braces required more intensive oral hygiene. Not to mention frequent dentist visits. I love it when I visit the dentist because it gives a superb feeling after treatment! Heeehee Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I!!!!!!!! I need braces, I mean my teeth are not real bad, but I would prefer perf teeth!!!! :) Yeah I knew that they are expensive, its the same over here too. I suppose that's one of the reasons why the girls that were popular, never really liked me, I was never good enough. :p I love your doggie, think he's adorable!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So I had to go through the pain of getting braces twice since I didn't like wearing my retainer. Welp. They've been off for about 8 years and I still don't wear my retainer. Everyone thinks they're perfectly straight but it bothers me so I would like to get invisaline and actually wear it. Braces are painful there would be days where I could hardly eat the pain was so bad. (not to scare you but just being honest!). I've heard that invisaline has less pain with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Esthylove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I had to go through the pain of getting braces twice since I didn't like wearing my retainer. Welp. They've been off for about 8 years and I still don't wear my retainer. Everyone thinks they're perfectly straight but it bothers me so I would like to get invisaline and actually wear it. Braces are painful there would be days where I could hardly eat the pain was so bad. (not to scare you but just being honest!). I've heard that invisaline has less pain with it.
A friend of mine opted for Invisalign, and it definitely has some advantages.  I guess if what needs to be done is relatively minor and there isn't too much work needed, it's a viable alternative to metal brackets; it seems to have worked for her decently.  I was told it would help "a bit", but wouldn't give me the results I wanted.  Too bad; I would have totally gone for that type of system.

A friend of mine opted for Invisalign, and it definitely has some advantages.  I guess if what needs to be done is relatively minor and there isn't too much work needed, it's a viable alternative to metal brackets; it seems to have worked for her decently.  I was told it would help "a bit", but wouldn't give me the results I wanted.  Too bad; I would have totally gone for that type of system.
What I would need fixed is minor and no one notices but it bothers me. I wonder if it would be cheaper since I don't need much done. Lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Esthylove /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I would need fixed is minor and no one notices but it bothers me. I wonder if it would be cheaper since I don't need much done. Lol
It might actually be as I think they give you a new set every month or two, so you would probably require less sets and have less cost.  Even in my case, it would have been cheaper than traditional braces which made it even more tempting for me lol

I am late 20s and I just got braces last September and I am so happy that I decided to fork out the money for them

I sometimes wish I didn't drag my heels a couple years back; I'd be totally done with them by now... lol

Back