What do you do on your Beauty Day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband's job keeps him away a lot and I get home long before he does. It's those few hours on the weeknights that I indulge in a hot bath and lots of scented lotion afterward, maybe a nice mask and deep hair conditioner once a week. I also recently decided to step up my manicure game; I get fills every two weeks but figured I wasn't limited to polish on just those days. I cannot fix my nails with Louie in the house, so while he's away at work I'm messing with new colors and weird textures.

I used to use a tiny piece if tissue paper or fine silk (I would buy remnants of cheap materia/ for crafts) and use nail glue to bind it to the surface of the nail. Then I would just buff and polish. I have an easier time these days now that I have acrylic nails. Back in the 80's and early 90's, however, things were different--where I live, there were very few nail salons and they were for rich ladies only!

I love taking long showers (which I do anyways). But while I am in the shower I do a hair mask, face mask, use my favorite body wash, shave my legs, and use a body scrub.

Of course afterwards I moisturize everything and end it with painting my nails. I do this about once a week because I just really like pampering myself! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well.... Unfortunately, girls, i havent had ones of those yet... Sigh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really would love to though maybe for my next bday. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hopeful yet still wondering, any thoughts on not real expensive ideas girls? Please, would love to get a pedi, mani or even just a haircut. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> All thoughts and ideas appreciated. Thank you. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Go find a beauty school in your area, and let the students give you a full service: haircut, mani-pedi, a nice facial if the facilities include training for estheticians. You'll pay much less than at a fncy skin or day spa, and since they are closely supervised by instructors you will not only walk out with a decent service having been done, you'll learn a few good tips to do at home.

Well.... Unfortunately, girls, i havent had ones of those yet... Sigh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really would love to though maybe for my next bday. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hopeful yet still wondering, any thoughts on not real expensive ideas girls? Please, would love to get a pedi, mani or even just a haircut. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> All thoughts and ideas appreciated. Thank you. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
u dont have to spend a lot. You can think of this as a "me" time. Do your normal routine. Have a healthy lifestyle and Just feel beautiful everyday and love yourself.

u dont have to spend a lot. You can think of this as a "me" time. Do your normal routine. Have a healthy lifestyle and Just feel beautiful everyday and love yourself.
So true, I would like to try a pampering on myself sometime. :rolleyes: so I daydreaming about it. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like to give my bangs a trim and do a diy facial. Or if I don't feel up to that I just paint my nails with my sister and read a good book :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I use my Garnier facial cleanser and my Neutrogena foaming cleanser. Then I add a little bit of Nivea soft cream. Walah this is my beauty day. :)

Back