IpsyMe event

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On a Pacifica-related note: for tomorrow's IpsyMe event, how do I make sure my FB account is still connected to my Ipsy account? I know I let them link to get me off the wait list, but then I think I went in and deleted it after the deal was done. I'm so tech-unsavvy, y'all!

Quote: Originally Posted by sstich79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On a Pacifica-related note: for tomorrow's IpsyMe event, how do I make sure my FB account is still connected to my Ipsy account? I know I let them link to get me off the wait list, but then I think I went in and deleted it after the deal was done. I'm so tech-unsavvy, y'all!
I have no clue.  I'd also like to know how IpsyMe works as to how you buy something and also how you make sure you don't accidentally buy it.  Didn't they have it set up so if you responded 'you were going to the 'event',' then you made a purchase?  Well, I forgot that, and so I responded saying I'd attend initially, because I thought maybe doing that would send out an email reminder when you could make a purchase.  Then, I remembered that seemed to obligate you to buy, so I switched it to 'maybe I'll attend.'  I don't know how to find it again, but should I do something like say 'will not attend?'  I really don't want to buy the Pacifica.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have no clue.  I'd also like to know how IpsyMe works as to how you buy something and also how you make sure you don't accidentally buy it.  Didn't they have it set up so if you responded 'you were going to the 'event',' then you made a purchase?  Well, I forgot that, and so I responded saying I'd attend initially, because I thought maybe doing that would send out an email reminder when you could make a purchase.  Then, I remembered that seemed to obligate you to buy, so I switched it to 'maybe I'll attend.'  I don't know how to find it again, but should I do something like say 'will not attend?'  I really don't want to buy the Pacifica.

I don't think it obligates you to buy, because from looking at the FB pages for the past ones, you had to be one of the first so many people to comment on a specific post when they put it up.

When you look at your account it will say if it's FB connected or let you connect it there. How the last ipsyme events worked was, at the time of the event ipsy will post on their Facebook with the details and if you want it you have to comment a certain word (spelling counts) and the first how ever many people to comment correctly will get to purchase the item. It usually only lasts a matter of minutes.

Went ahead and snagged one of the Take Me There sets from the ipsyme event. I've been collecting all of the Pacifica body butters so I'm excited. And I'm running low on perfume so this was a great buy for me.

on ipsyme it keeps saying my credit card is invalid, which it's not, it's the one that is used for my recurring ipsy subscription. has this happened to anyone else? any tips?

I got the Ruby Guava - I hope I like it!!  I was torn between the two - tuscan blood orange or hawaiian ruby guava.  Both sound like great vacation spots!!

@chaosintoart - try again.  the first time I did this, it stated that there was something wrong and I just re-submitted it.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the Ruby Guava - I hope I like it!!  I was torn between the two - tuscan blood orange or hawaiian ruby guava.  Both sound like great vacation spots!!

@chaosintoart - try again.  the first time I did this, it stated that there was something wrong and I just re-submitted it.
i tried like sixteen times haha

Quote: Originally Posted by chaosintoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i tried like sixteen times haha
I'm having the same problem =(

I even tried ordering it on my phone and it keeps saying "Invalid Transaction". I've checked and double checked that all my information is correct and everything. Boooo ipsy, what's the deal?
icon_neutral.gif

*Edit* - I emailed ipsyCare about it, so hopefully I hear back before it sells out!

Quote: Originally Posted by Stitchie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm having the same problem =(

I even tried ordering it on my phone and it keeps saying "Invalid Transaction". I've checked and double checked that all my information is correct and everything. Boooo ipsy, what's the deal?
I'm reading on the ipsy facebook page that it's only accepting credit cards, not debit. I don't even own a credit card :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by chaosintoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm reading on the ipsy facebook page that it's only accepting credit cards, not debit. I don't even own a credit card :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Seriously!? Same here!

That seems silly considering, like you, it's the same card I use for the reoccurring subscription...
eusa_wall.gif

I don't have a credit card either... Just using my debit card. I'm not getting the same error as you guys though.

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have a credit card either... Just using my debit card. I'm not getting the same error as you guys though.
ah, it's got to be some sort of glitch. I mean... it's Ipsy after all lol

I remembered I have one of those American Express giftcards with money on it so I gave that a shot and it worked! I know those run as credit.

Who know!

It seemed like it was going to be glitchy about the way I entered my address... recommended that I enter my address differently than the way it is for my credit card's billing address. Maybe this is part of the problem?

It wont take many of the DEBIT cards only credit. horrible payment system

They need to take debit cards and Paypal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed ipsy care. I wanted to order one of each of the sets, but I don't want to double order!
someone mentioned somewhere you're only allowed to purchase one or the other, but I don't know if that's true

Latest posts

Back