Something old?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are arguments that go both ways. I read somewhere that Andy Warhol only wore each fragrance for 3 months and then stored it away in his fragrance library - all to preserve precious memories of that 3-month period and revisit them later when he felt nostalgic. The key was to give up a fragrance, so that your memories can be specific to a certain period in the past. Using this technique, it is a very good idea to have a fragrance that you wear during the wedding festivities/honeymoon so you can always get back to those memories via a fragrance. I noticed that pairing perfume you wore at the wedding with photos/wedding video completely enriches the experience and brings your special day back. -) 

What a great story! Interesting concept to "save" fragrances to associate them with specific events.  Still- I am a little nervous about buying something and then not loving it when I get home- or worse, my fiance not liking it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... always a risk...
Do you have an Ulta or a Sephora or high-end department stores nearby. They usually have perfume samples on hand. I always ask for a couple, even when I'm only buying a lip liner for $3.49. It's a great way to try new fragrances and find what I like without paying for a full-size bottle before I know I love it.

Personally, I would go with something new, my idea was to mark a new beggining for wedding to show starting new, life, family etc..... Just a thought. :) )

Yes, well, I guess the only thing you could do is to say to your man... "Babe, do you like this smell?" If he says no, don't wear it but if he says yes wear it. :)

Back