RenoFab

Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan View Post

Wait, so let me get this straight.

If I open a second account, I can keep cancelling and resubscribing with new codes for extra points?

But wouldn't that account end up with tons of duplicate products since I kept subscribing and resubscribing.

I think other subs work that way.

Does the stitchfix code still work or the yearly99 one?

Edited: Sorry, just realized I should have put this in the promo codes section.

Based on what has happened with previous promo codes, they seem to have one specific box that goes out to users of a particular code regardless of profile.  I'm not sure we have had enough of these promo codes to know whether you risk getting duplicate items, but you do stand the risk of getting a box completely unrelated to what your profile would otherwise indicate.  If you're just in it for what amounts to free stuff, canceling and resubscribing might not be a bad idea, but if you want to get stuff relevant to your profile, I wouldn't cancel and resub since that seems to reset your subscription to a profileless situation.  If you want to get as few fragrances as possible, for example, canceling and resubbing could conceivably lead to fragrance every single month, and if you want skincare for your skin type, you might end up never getting specialized skincare. 

Anyway.  I actually have an annual sub *and* a monthly sub that gets canceled and renewed as promo codes come out, so I'll have one account where I do get things appropriate for me on the annual account (aww, it's its third birthday next month!) and whatever random stuff they send out on the cancel-and-resub-depending-on-codes one.  Your mileage may vary depending on your goal with your sub.

I don't think so. I think it's more like the chocolate Where some get it. It's not a "find" like the Chapstick or Jergens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

Argh.  Are we all getting Kind bars as our extra?   I can't eat gluten!  :sick: 

Um I don't know exactly what Kind Bar they're sending out but every bar I've had has said "gluten free" on the packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlunate View Post

Um I don't know exactly what Kind Bar they're sending out but every bar I've had has said "gluten free" on the packaging.

This one is made with non GMO grains.

I haven't seen one. single. spoiler so far for April! Yay me! Haha I'm going to hold out this time, I swear. At least just until the 10th and then I'll peek and see what I'm getting. Both of my accounts have non-clicky trucks... I was hoping with two accounts at least one would come in the earlier wave but no dice :icon_roll

I

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

Argh.  Are we all getting Kind bars as our extra?   I can't eat gluten!  :sick: 

If you look at the pic it says gluten free.

Wow; this may be the first time in 2 years that my box will arrive before the spoilers on Thursday.  My box is already in my zip code as of Saturday.... SO EXCITED!!!  :clap

• Like 1

My box went from TN to IN?! I live in the south! So much for getting it faster, lol.
My box went from TN to Atlanta, and I live in Indiana.

OT by Birchbox related. When does everything think BB will put the mothers day box up for sale? I am hoping to cash in points for it, but mothers day is not to far off... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluturtle View Post

My box went from TN to IN?! I live in the south! So much for getting it faster, lol.

Last month, my box went from TN to IN to NJ to PA (it had to pass the PA location to get to NJ, btw) to WV and finally to VA. Makes total sense!

Hmm weird...my main account box shipped but I don't seem to have a shipping email. I have to log in to check. My box shipped from TN and is in Indiana. It's going to Oklahoma this month to my parents since I had to change my address and didn't have the one I was moving to yet.

OT by Birchbox related. When does everything think BB will put the mothers day box up for sale? I am hoping to cash in points for it, but mothers day is not to far off... 
Probably at the end of April or beginning of May. The "garden" box came out 4/11 last year, which I bought for Mothers day, and the actual mothers day boxes came out a few weeks later.

I know; I'm dying for a new specialty box!  I didn't want the BB Finds box; I want something spring related :)  I've been hoarding my points in anticipation :icon_lol:

I know; I'm dying for a new specialty box!  I didn't want the BB Finds box; I want something spring related :)  I've been hoarding my points in anticipation :icon_lol:
Same here! I'm getting impatient!

Oh no I might have to break into my second tube of 100% Pure mascara I got from a Pick Two!  I have a double ear infection, sinus infection, and a stye which makes her think it's bacterial.  That means THROWING AWAY ALL MY MASCARA.  I currently have a Full Exposure, a Hypnose Star, and a Buxom Lash open pissoff.gif The enablers thread, the doctor, and the vet took all my money.  Whine moan.

Hmm weird...my main account box shipped but I don't seem to have a shipping email. I have to log in to check. My box shipped from TN and is in Indiana. It's going to Oklahoma this month to my parents since I had to change my address and didn't have the one I was moving to yet.
Last month, I hate tracking via my account FOREVER and finally got my email tracking the day before I got my box. Lol. I'm guessing it might be due to the craziness from the warehouse move or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggpi View Post

Oh no I might have to break into my second tube of 100% Pure mascara I got from a Pick Two!  I have a double ear infection, sinus infection, and a stye which makes her think it's bacterial.  That means THROWING AWAY ALL MY MASCARA.  I currently have a Full Exposure, a Hypnose Star, and a Buxom Lash open pissoff.gif The enablers thread, the doctor, and the vet took all my money.  Whine moan.

that sounds awful!!! i hope you feel better. those mascaras are nice but..yanno..the ickies :(

OT but still about Birchbox! I just want to sing the praises of how great their customer service is, compared to some other businesses. I placed an order back on March 29th that still hasn't got here, it apparently got lost by the USPS. Called birchbox this morning and Megan sent out another package for me and gave me 100 apology points. And she said if the original one ever gets to me, I can keep both. 2 full size bottles of BP spray? Yes, please!

• Like 6