RenoFab

Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Off topic sort of: for all you Kind Bar lovers... Ebates has a coupon for $4 off a box of 12 plus 4% cash back.

• Like 1

Whoops. It looks like I'm getting two gold polishes and two silver liners. Well, once they get here, I'll head to swaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

For curious minds: my color of my polish in my box picture matches what I received.

Hmm. Not interested in the blue but maybe I can swap it out! ;)

It hard to tell from my box picture but if anyone has received Box 27 what color eyeliner did you get? I am hoping for plum since I will be getting a black CR eyeliner in another box. 

Soooo...I think the Beauty Protector has been breaking me out. :( I've been breaking out along my jaw and cheek so I googled it thinking it was hormonal or something. Then I found this girls blog where she blamed BP. I stopped using it on Friday and I can already tell a huge difference. Wah! Luckily I had some of the Number 4 Spray and Protect and that seems to be working. I never even thought something I put in my hair would affect my skin, but it totally makes sense to where I was breaking out. Now I have a whole bottle and a half of BP. My "stocking up" tendencies always seem to bite me in the Butt! On another note, I should be getting my second box today! Yay! I can't wait to paint my nails white.
Zomg! I think I might be too, then. I got a couple huge breakouts yesterday, one on an area I never breakout on, but my hair touches. I blamed it on the paulas choice benzoyl peroxide I started using last week since the night before was the first time I had used the bp spray... Now I don't know! Need to wash my pillowcases if it is the spray. Bummer, I have another spray coming too. I'll give it away, I guess.

Zomg! I think I might be too, then. I got a couple huge breakouts yesterday, one on an area I never breakout on, but my hair touches. I blamed it on the paulas choice benzoyl peroxide I started using last week since the night before was the first time I had used the bp spray... Now I don't know! Need to wash my pillowcases if it is the spray. Bummer, I have another spray coming too. I'll give it away, I guess.
OMG!! I was using the BP oil on my hair and my forehead(I have heavy bangs) completely broke out... I ran out of my sample a week or do ago so I stopped using it and my forehead has cleared up!!! Didn't even think it could have to do with the BP!! ETA: that read like I used the BP on my forehead lol I did not... I used it on my bangs, which lay on my forehead. Carry on... :)
  • Like 3

OMG!! I was using the BP oil on my hair and my forehead(I have heavy bangs) completely broke out... I ran out of my sample a week or do ago so I stopped using it and my forehead has cleared up!!! Didn't even think it could have to do with the BP!! ETA: that read like I used the BP on my forehead lol I did not... I used it on my bangs, which lay on my forehead. Carry on... :)
Guys! I think it's been making me breakout too, I've been breaking out in weird places, like on the sides of my face near my sideburn (do girls refer to the, as sideburns, idk) area and on my forehead, I've never gotten acne there. Usually I get hormonal acne on my chin... Also around my hairline had broken out too, like on my neck and behind my ears, it's been really concerning for me because I didn't know what the hell was causing it. Maybe we've got the answer...

Oh no! Beauty Protector epidemic! :( It makes me sad because it was awesome for my hair. I've been using the Number 4 comb and protect or whatever and it seems to work well too. It doesn't smell as pretty but I like the way it makes my hair feel.

Oh no! Beauty Protector epidemic! :( It makes me sad because it was awesome for my hair. I've been using the Number 4 comb and protect or whatever and it seems to work well too. It doesn't smell as pretty but I like the way it makes my hair feel.
I'm just gonna say it, but I seriously think I'm talking to Mindy Kaling whenever I see your posts! And it makes me so excited and happy, she's seriously amazing and I love everything about her.
  • Like 10

Guys! I think it's been making me breakout too, I've been breaking out in weird places, like on the sides of my face near my sideburn (do girls refer to the, as sideburns, idk) area and on my forehead, I've never gotten acne there. Usually I get hormonal acne on my chin... Also around my hairline had broken out too, like on my neck and behind my ears, it's been really concerning for me because I didn't know what the hell was causing it. Maybe we've got the answer...
The silicones in hair products make a lot of people break out. Birchbox has the BP Spray ingredients on the website. Amodimethicone and Cyclodimethicone are both forms of silicone. It's been about a year since I discovered they make me breakout. Even water-soluble forms of silicone are a problem because I'm washing my face before I get out of the shower and spray detangler on my hair, not after. I'm still trying to cut them out of my routine, but it's hard because so many conditioners, detanglers, and even shampoos contain some form of silicone. ETA: I just wish I wasn't so prone to breakouts, but there's been a big difference since I started trying to use fewer products with silicones.
  • Like 3

My Birchboxes seem to be taking the long way in getting to me. One has traveled from Cranberry NJ to Fisher IN and is now back in NJ! This is off topic. Orofludo Elixir was one of the first samples I received from Birchbox a couple years ago. I loved it and used it for a long time. Then I started getting other oils and leave in conditioners in my boxes so stopped using the Orofludo. Today is a humid and drizzly nasty day and my normally slightly wavy and silky tresses are a great big frizzy puff ball that sticks out in pieces all over my head - not an attractive look! Now I remember why I was so in love with Orofludo Elixir. I have a long awaited interview tomorrow. I would give my right arm for a bottle of Orofludo right now, but since I have to buy it online I am out of luck. I pray the weather is more conducive to a better hair day tomorrow so I don't have to go to my interview looking like Bozo the clown. I will never, ever be without a Orofludo Elixir again. Thank you for "listening".

• Like 1

I'm just gonna say it, but I seriously think I'm talking to Mindy Kaling whenever I see your posts! And it makes me so excited and happy, she's seriously amazing and I love everything about her.
Haha I love her too! So many times when I was reading her book or watching the Mindy Project I've been like "OMG how are you reading my mind?!" Sadly, I wish I was as cool as her. I'm a pretty boring! Good call whoever said to wash pillow cases with the BP stuff. I sleep with my hair up, but I'm sure it's still on there. I tried to make myself change my pillow case every couple of days and sheets every week, but I'm lazy. :/ Edited to add: I will check my shampoo for silicones as well. I definitely DO NOT need any help in the break out department.

Got my box.  I will say April has been good to me with my beauty subs.  I will use everything in the box.  

At first I wasn't sure of the CC color I got; blue.  But I think I might be able to do something cool with it.  Perhaps accent nail in black with the blue on the other nails.  I got a non-black liner, I got a silver.  It seems like it should actually show up.  We shall see.  I have never used a Cynthia Rowley pencil before.  I am disappointed in the packaging of the Nyakio samples. I plan on using the samples tonight though. The Keims shampoo will also be tried out tonight.  Smells very clean.  I will try the kind bar tomorrow while at work.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKaye View Post

ahhhhh me too!!! i love her!

Re: BP breakouts. I'm pretty sure it was breaking me out too/causing some hidden scalp-zits (ick). I haven't been using anything in my hair besides shampoo/conditioner and my scalp is pimple free. I took a break from BP because my sample size ran out and i was waiting on a big bottle..now i feel like i should return it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eas00 View Post

It hard to tell from my box picture but if anyone has received Box 27 what color eyeliner did you get? I am hoping for plum since I will be getting a black CR eyeliner in another box. 

I received Box 27 and the eyeliner was in plum.

I'm so glad to have figured this out. I got some Caudalie face cream and I was super sad because I thought that's what was breaking me out. Now that I think about it, I got that stuff around the time I cut my hair shorter. I bet it being shorter makes it touch my face more.

ahhhhh me too!!! i love her! Re: BP breakouts. I'm pretty sure it was breaking me out too/causing some hidden scalp-zits (ick). I haven't been using anything in my hair besides shampoo/conditioner and my scalp is pimple free. I took a break from BP because my sample size ran out and i was waiting on a big bottle..now i feel like i should return it!
I've recently had scalp pimples too...and I've also been using the beauty protect. I guess I need to stop and see if that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielp View Post

I've recently had scalp pimples too...and I've also been using the beauty protect. I guess I need to stop and see if that helps

its definitely not as bad as it was when i was using Gloss Moderne then the Yes To Carrots line. NEVER. AGAIN.

So I caved and got a 4th sub. I kind of feel guilty... but I referred myself, got the 50 points and then 200 points from the sfbb100. How could I not?? Plus, I've been so happy with all the things I'm getting in my other 3 boxes, that I really don't think I can go wrong. I hope I get the 4th shade of the CC polish (c'mon gold!!). 

In other news today, I got the pearl CC nail polish in my 3rd sub and I adore it!! It is so pretty and looks really nice with two coats as it is quite opaque. This is my first experience with CC and I'm ready for my other two boxes to come so I can try the blue and green ones. 

I got the Maple and Pumpkin seed with sea salt Kind bar and I would be a big fan if it wasn't for the salt. The bites with salt were not my favorite, otherwise, quite delicious.

Random question, is it often that the items in your box listed online change? Half of the box items are different now. I've only been subscribed for a few months and I have never seen this before. Of course, I have not received my box yet to confirm, but odd! Messing up a trade I had so I was just curious if in the future I should not go on what is listed online. Thanks!

Here's box 34: 400 The Sumita eyeliner is the plum; I've only tried it on my hand so far but it's really, really nice. It's a softer look than black. The polish is Gold Struck. I wanted the blue or green, but now that I see this, I like it a lot, and I think I'll get more use out of it than I would the pastels. If you got the Top Shelf CC sample a few months back, it's very similar to that, with maybe a bit of a pink tone. I'm dying to try the Davines samples, I'm crazy about their sea salt spray. Love the scent of the G&S body wash, it's very beachy. The last couple of BBs have been very 'me'. Love my Birchbox! :D

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

I received Box 27 and the eyeliner was in plum.

Awesome. Thank you. I am really excited now. 

Lol!! Mindy kaling will always be Kelly kapoor to me. I can't help but read some of your posts in Kelly's voice it's like I can't help it it just happens!!
  • Like 1