What Makeup Brush Do I Use for Mineral Makeup???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I just got some samples of Mineral makeup from Everyday Minerals, and I want to know what brushes are best to use for it? for an all over face brush..
I have the MAC 129SH Blush Brush, but I'm not sure if that would be a good brush for Mineral makeup... 

For loose mineral powder, you could use a kabuki brush. I personally don't like kabuki brushes but usually when you purchase a powder foundation from Bare Minerals they recommend their kabuki brush to apply it.

As an alternative, you could use a large, all-over face powder brush, such as this one:

http://bdelliumtools.com/studio/studio-980-large-natural-powder.html

A brush like this will allow you to dust loose mineral powder all over your face.

You could also use a brush like Real Techniques expert face brush if you do not just want to dust the powder but also want to buff it into your skin. I keep two Real Techniques expert face brushes: one for buffing liquid foundation and the other for buffing powder.

I like a flat-top brush for mineral makeup, if pressed. So, one like these:

EcoTools Buffing Brush

Aloette Chisel Brush

If it's loose... I don't really know, to be honest. The lady at the Bare Minerals counter put their loose foundation on me with this brush:

Bare Minerals Handy Buki Brush

Latest posts

Back