Sample Society April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJexie

Rachel
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a new thread since a spoiler is out early!

Everyone will Receive:

1966865_665285930173684_1407556803_n.jpg

Oye and of course my computer messed up and made 2 threads. Lovely lol

Hmmmm, I like it but I'm not sold.  Lol I can never decide if I want to subscribe to this one.  

Someday, Sample Society... Someday.

(oh and your second thread was deleted.  This is the only April thread now!)

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmmmm, I like it but I'm not sold.  Lol I can never decide if I want to subscribe to this one.  

Someday, Sample Society... Someday.

(oh and your second thread was deleted.  This is the only April thread now!)
haha thank you! <3

I felt the SAME way about Sample Society until last month.

I'm still on the fence considering they said they'd send me a replacement box (I had issues with my first one) and I still have yet to receive it, so we'll see.

I love candles, though.

To the point where I'm sad there are no good candle subscriptions, so whenever I'm guaranteed a candle, I'm a happy girl!

Update: I e-mailed them to ask them if my replacement box was arriving.

They responded in 2 MINUTES.

(I'm getting my replacement March box today!)

Honestly I have never had a faster and more efficient customer service experience with any other company. Two minutes! LOL

I'm happy about the candle! Also agree that Sample Society's CS is the best. They always make the extra effort. I'm always happy to give this box my money, even when (rarely, like last month) they don't wow me with the box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't mind candles but this brands throw isn't that great.
Isn't it an Illume candle? Like the ones we got from PopSugar in November?

I traded to get both of those candles and I really loved them!

Plus, even if the throw isn't great, on these ones, I usually burn candles on my nightstand next to my bed, so a strong throw is occasionally too much for me to handle. The candle pictured in the spoiler seems like it's going to smell amazing for me:

Citrus blossoms and crisp apple are blended with ethereal oak moss, oriental clove and a touch of patchouli

I would probably buy the full size of this if it smells as nice as I think it will!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Isn't it an Illume candle? Like the ones we got from PopSugar in November?

I traded to get both of those candles and I really loved them!

Plus, even if the throw isn't great, on these ones, I usually burn candles on my nightstand next to my bed, so a strong throw is occasionally too much for me to handle. The candle pictured in the spoiler seems like it's going to smell amazing for me:

Citrus blossoms and crisp apple are blended with ethereal oak moss, oriental clove and a touch of patchouli

I would probably buy the full size of this if it smells as nice as I think it will!
Yes, I got this scent in hand cream in my Birchbox.  It's nice scent wise, but I suspect the candle is a travel size.  We received one this winter from Sample Society, a pine scent if I recall.  

I also burn them on my nightstand, I just prefer a bit more throw.  I don't remember what the wax base was, soy tend not to be as strong.  

But I like a strong candle.  I burn them on my desk at work and my coworkers can't take the scent but my B&BW candles throw carries around the entire office.  I loooooove that.

haha thank you! <3 I felt the SAME way about Sample Society until last month. I'm still on the fence considering they said they'd send me a replacement box (I had issues with my first one) and I still have yet to receive it, so we'll see. I love candles, though. To the point where I'm sad there are no good candle subscriptions, so whenever I'm guaranteed a candle, I'm a happy girl!
I too love candles. I seem to remember a candle sub someone mentioned ages ago but can't remember what it was now. I'm sure thetes one out there somewhere...

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too love candles. I seem to remember a candle sub someone mentioned ages ago but can't remember what it was now. I'm sure thetes one out there somewhere...
I know of one called Flicker box or something like that, but I think I remember they were a bit pricey for me at the time.

I mean it's probably less money then I spend on my zillion bath and body works candles whenever they have a sale LOL

I always think I feel blah about Sample Society until I start actually using the products and realize the quality. I cancelled at one time, but re-subbed again after several months because I realized I was able to use really high-end skincare without paying $$$ for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always think I feel blah about Sample Society until I start actually using the products and realize the quality. I cancelled at one time, but re-subbed again after several months because I realized I was able to use really high-end skincare without paying $$$ for it.

This is only my second month, but even though I was kind of meh about the March box, I really love their customer service already. They sent me a replacement box that had 2 of the same items and 3 different items, which was awesome because I got more variety. The only things they doubled up on were the Alterna CC cream which I loved, and the jane tran bobby pins but in a much cuter pattern, so I was very happy with the replacement box.

I agree though. It seems kind of like a lack-luster subscription but everything is super useful and high(er) end. It's new to me though, so I'm just excited about everything still!

Not to mention I love when candles are in my subscription boxes so this month is already a win for me lol

This is only my second month, but even though I was kind of meh about the March box, I really love their customer service already. They sent me a replacement box that had 2 of the same items and 3 different items, which was awesome because I got more variety. The only things they doubled up on were the Alterna CC cream which I loved, and the jane tran bobby pins but in a much cuter pattern, so I was very happy with the replacement box. I agree though. It seems kind of like a lack-luster subscription but everything is super useful and high(er) end. It's new to me though, so I'm just excited about everything still! Not to mention I love when candles are in my subscription boxes so this month is already a win for me lol
Yeah, their customer service is great.... And the coupon they send is a great deal too. I don't always use it just because I get so much beauty stuff that I don't want to buy more, but you basically get your money back instantly if you take advantage of the coupon each month. Their shipping on full size orders is great too (not sure if this is well known, but they are backed by Amazon).

I know of one called Flicker box or something like that, but I think I remember they were a bit pricey for me at the time. I mean it's probably less money then I spend on my zillion bath and body works candles whenever they have a sale LOL
I don't want to think about what I spend on candles. And that's less than before we had a little one in the house. I cancelled Birchbox because I felt like me samples were getting smaller and smaller. The last 2 boxes I got I could hear the stuff rolling around before I opened. Sample society seems a little better but that's after only a month.

Yay!  I love candles!  I actually started making my own so I wouldnt have to keep buying them (so expensive for good ones!)

It looks like its a soy blend so maybe that will help with throw. 

I have really enjoyed my Sample Society boxes even though so far its way too much hair product.  For only $5 more than Birchbox, I think the samples are better.  No foils, yay!  Maybe I just had a bad experience with BB.  I signed up again using the BB100 code to give them another try.

Apparently everyone will be receiving a full size pack of Tatcha blotting papers too.  I really wish they'd send me another eyeliner in teal or maybe navy.

I have not tried them, but I will feel fancier just carrying them in my purse!  A much nicer sample than the almost empty tanning cream for last month (although I am glad to have the option to spend my $15 on that brand, so it is a wash for me).  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got these in a box previously. Maybe Birchbox. They're ok but I don't really need blotting papers except in the summer... My skin produces 0 oil :)

Latest posts

Back