kawaiimeows

ModCloth Stylish Surprise Swap Thread

400 I'll start us off! :) These are both medium. The one on the left is super cute, but just not my style. Perfect for spring/summer. The one on the right is floor length. It looks really nicely made (possibly fairly expensive) and there are a few layers in the skirt section, so it's thicker. Can take better pictures/post more details if anyone is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLynRose View Post

Kawaiimeows I just got reputation from you
What does that mean?

Its kind of like "liking" a post on facebook - as far as i know. I don't think it really does anything else :)

TRADED. I got this dress in size small. Cute dress, but didn't fit me right. Too big for me in the bust area. Interested in swapping.

• Like 1

TRADED Received this size small skirt (fits very small). It has a high waist and is floor length on me (I'm 5'6"). Interested in trading for other size small items as this is a bit tight on me. I paired it with a plain ribbed tank for the picture. Has a gray constellation pattern, shown in picture below.

PM me if interested

• Like 1

Received these size 9 Dollhouse tan boots. They are large for a size 9 and do not fit me well. Interested in trading for other size 9 shoes or size small clothing items. They have a zipper on the inside of the boot also, and can be laced loosely or tight, so should fit most size ankles.

PM me to trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvanhat View Post

TRADED Received this size small skirt (fits very small). It has a high waist and is floor length on me (I'm 5'6"). Interested in trading for other size small items as this is a bit tight on me. I paired it with a plain ribbed tank for the picture. Has a gray solar system pattern, shown in picture below.

PM me if interested

Wow, I love that skirt! I am nowhere close to a small though. Booo. 

I received my two stylish surprises today! However they do not fit so I am looking to swap both. 

I absolutely love the flower skirt but it is too small. 

Both are size Large. 

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbianco26 View Post

I received my two stylish surprises today! However they do not fit so I am looking to swap both. 

Both are size Large. 

Oh god, that dress is so awesome but it's not my size. :(((

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbianco26 View Post

Both are size Large. 

Super Duper cute dress!  I haven't gotten my stylish surprises yet but I'm interested in that dress do you need a smaller or larger size?  

Hi guys! This is my first post. I've never swapped before, so if you know how this goes I'd love someone to show me the ropes. 700 The one in the middle is a Jessica Simpson size large. I really liked it but I think looks odd on me. The other 2 are both just size large.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloThere View Post

Hi guys! This is my first post. I've never swapped before, so if you know how this goes I'd love someone to show me the ropes.

The one in the middle is a Jessica Simpson size large. I really liked it but I think looks odd on me. The other 2 are both just size large.

Ah!  I was looking at your post on Instagram and thinking that I loved the two right dresses.  If only I was a size large!

Hey guys!  Got my SS box in the mail today.  I loved some of what I got, but some of it didn't fit so well, including this dress in size XS.  It's called "What's Up, Dock," and it's by the Rock Steady brand.  It was too small for me (and I also didn't love it too much), but maybe one of you guys can rock it!

• Like 1

Oh, and one other item - I got a pair of shoes that I'm not too into.  It's these shoes by Bamboo, in 6.5:

Mine is too big for me: size 1X (I sized up since dresses usually run too small in the bust for me), this one is too big. Not really my style either but it would make a great spring/summer dress for the right gal.

For swap or sale:

I love the mint one. I posted a picture of a dress on the stylish surprise threat that I wanted to swap so look if you're interested in trading.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Recent images in this topic

• Hi girls, I have such an issue with fake tan settling into my pores and looking dotty. I would really appreciate if some of you girls could take my survey (its v short). Curious if it's just me with this issue. TIA https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5WY7S67 
    • Acne is a very common skin disorder now a days. Though its not a serious threat its very irritating and leads to stress. Sometimes when not treated well it leads to scars and infection ..... http://skincarey.com/healthy-skin/natural-home-remedies-for-acne-skin-care/
    • Last February, I was looking forward to going to a special ABBA tribute concert. I grew up with ABBA as a teen - I liked to dream that I was Agnetha. I had all of the albums. On the morning of the show, we woke up to find a pipe in the kitchen had broken overnight, and it was absolutely miserable. We are just now getting over the trauma. I was so unhappy and disappointed - of course I missed the show. But the ABBA group returned to my area yesterday (they are from Sweden), and I got to go! The show was magnificent! "Agnetha" was like an angel in the lights with a long gold shimmering cape. She had all of the choreography and mannerisms down pat. "Anni-Frid" had the bubbly personality and sang a song in Swedish. "Benny" played the piano brilliantly, and "Björn" played a great guitar solo.  The lesson from the universe is, that if I can't have things I want due to some adversity - or my No Buy - they will come to me if I am patient. After all, one of my favorite ABBA songs is I've Been Waiting for You. 
    • I've finished my Yves Rocher Sensitive Vegetal mini cream, and I have moved on to a mini glass bottle of The Ghost Oil from Poetic Blend (October 2017 Petit Vour box). One of the great things about the No Buy/Project Use It Up is that it has freed me from my compulsive decluttering. Compulsive decluttering is a real thing that is recognized as a mental health issue. It is a compulsive need to get rid of things and throw things away, in an excessive manner. This is an attempt to control anxiety and other emotions. So many beautiful cosmetics ended up in my garbage pail, not old, well used things, but pretty things I loved and wanted. The compulsive decluttering arose from two primary emotional states, as far as I can tell. The first was unhappiness with my face and hair and appearance. I would try a product once or twice, then look in the mirror and feel disappointed. I felt I did not look any better. So I would throw away the pretty new items and go and look for something else. Now, I never look in the mirror and pick on myself. Instead, I look at my little jars and bottles and see how close they are to being used up. That is the goal now. It has taken the pressure off of using them and looking for a certain result on my face. Once an item is fully used, I know I have done the best I could with my looks, and that is all I can do. And I enjoy the pretty items. If I do see my face and think it looks bad, I just kindly tell myself I am tired from stress or work. In the past, I never gave the pretty lotions and makeup a chance. It takes time for lotions to work, and experimentation to learn to apply a particular makeup product to one's specific facial structure.  The second emotion that drove my compulsive decluttering was anxiety about money, about spending, frustration with wanting more than I could afford. I wanted to control all that, and I felt that by getting rid of the things I could make the anxiety and want go away. I would feel better for a bit after throwing things out, but it never solved my problems. I would go out and buy more the next day. Instead, now I use up all my things up instead of buying new, and I have the anxiety, guilt, and compulsive shopping under control. I threw away so many pretty things, and I regret it so much. I wasted things and money, and hurt myself really badly. I could have enjoyed so much more, saved so much money, been so much happier. The last time I decluttered was in 2017, before I began this No Buy, and it means so much to me.  **I should clarify that the cosmetics thrown away were new, expensive, and nice. I'm not talking about throwing away old, expired, broken things, or things I was allergic to. And it was not just a matter of a few things; it was just about all my things, for years and years, decades. I would buy nice things, use them one or twice, throw them away, and buy more. I hurt myself so much. I am so glad this is gone now.   
    • Detoxing our body every now and then is very important. We need to detox our body every now and then to flush away the toxic substances accumulated into our system. There are numerous reasons for this like environmental pollution, unhealthy foods, water we drink, air we breath and so on...... Check here for easy to make detox drinks http://skincarey.com/healthy-skin/effective-detox-drinks-for-healthy-skin/

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook