What brushes to buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls, a newbie has joined the darker side! So I recently got into make up and decided to ask my boyfriend for my birthday some make up and brushes. I already received the Naked Palette 3 and 2 NARS illuminators, yay! And I would love to add some brushes to my growing make up collecting.

But since I'm a total newbie I really don't know what brushes to ask for. I've read a lot about the MAC brushes and a lot of the users here find that these brushes are the best. I've also read a lot about Ecotools and and Real Techniques but I find that the reviews are really enthousastic to those two or people find them cheap and the brushes seem to shed a lot easier, overall negative reviews. 

So what do you recommend me and why? I really don't mind to pay a little more if the brushes last longer, as that seems to be the case with the MAC brushes. The MAC brushes I'm really interested in are the 187 Duo Fiber, 239 Eyeshading, 217 Blending and the 129 Power/Blush brushes. 

I live in the Netherlands (forgive me my grammar mistakes) so brushes like Ecotools and Real Techniques need to be ordered from the internet. 

Thanks in advance! 

I personally think the MAC makeup brushes are the best! They may be on the pricier side but I guarantee you they will last a lot longer than any cheaper ones you find! It looks like you're looking for some good quality brushes so I highly recommend the MAC brushes :) Hope this helped! Llys

Sigma brushes are really good, plus, they aren't as expensive as MAC brushes. My favorites are the F80 flat brush, E25 eyeshadow blending brush and the F84 angled kabuki brush.

Hello there, sigma brushes are more than amazing if you are willing to pay extra money. For much cheaper option but amaaaaazing quality you should go for zoeva brushes. They are really good quality , so soft , they never shed and you can buy about 18 brushes for 40 $ !!!! Check them on zoeva website.

if you want great brushes at a super affordable price right off the bat, try morphebrushes.com! You won't be sorry. Then you can build your collection by adding the higher end brushes!

Hi girls, thank y'all for your replies. I've been really busy so I did not had the time to reply here 
icon_redface.gif

But I can tell you I bought the MAC brushes (187, 239, 217 and 129) and the RT foundation & powder brushes AND the foundation, powder and 6 piece brush set. I'm still interested in buying Zoeva brushes though (thanks for the tip!) and ELF brushes. Thanks a lot you girls!

I bought all of the ELF makeup brushes for about $1 each. I got them a year ago and I've had no bristles fallout. I wash them daily because I'm studying for makeup school next year and need to get in the habit. They look just like new except the "ELF" has rubbed off a bit.

I own mostly sigma brushes they are really good and not overpriced and actually prefer them over my Mac ones my Mac ones tend to shed alot idk why I take good care of them I have a few elf and most all the real techniques ones I like those as well and they r so cheap oh and Eco tools I have a set that is like 8 years old and still in good shape I got them in high school and I'm 27 and they look fine

Latest posts

Back