What is your Bedtime Routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every night I do these following things... Have a shower Use a series of facial clensers Wash my hair Get out and pluck my eyebrows Put cream on Deoderant gets put on Then, I put cream on my body especially my feet. And then bed. :) Simple.

I remove make-up face using a vegetal oil (usually soja or jojoba oil) and use a cleanser for sensitive skin.
Then put a skin toner on (two days a week I use the facial sauna before do that) and apply my favourite cream.

Bye :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Remove eye makeup if any

2. Clean with Earth Science ACE cream cleanser

3. Clean a second time

4. Tone with Alaffia Everyday Coconut toner

5. apply eye creme

6. apply Clarins double serum

7. Apply moisturizer

1) remove my makeup using olive oil. 2) cleanse my face with first aid beauty red clay cleanser (new just started using it). 3) use the seaweed toner from the body shop. 4) apply vichy liftactive serum 10. 5) moisturize using first aid beauty daily face cream (new just started using it)

1. remove my makeup with Neutrogena soap

2.  St. Ives Scrub (like 2 or 3 times a week)

3.  Ain't Misbehavin acne cleanser

4.  Olay complete moisturizer

5.  Nivea chapstick on my lips

I have no idea if this is the best routine for me or not.... or am I ruining my skin....?

I use Burt's Bees citrus scrub, moisturize my face with argon oil then I use Burt's Bees eye cream for my dark circles.

Well good question! It is very important to follow good skin care routine to get clearer face. My skin care routine is as follows:

1. I remove my make-up with Loreal make-up remover.

2. Then I wash my face with mild cleanser. on't forget to wash your face twice a day if you want glowing skin.

Remove Make Up - Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Wipe

Wash - Burt's Bees Ance Wash if I have a break out or Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk

Tone - Liz Earle Skin Tonic

Serum - Revive from the Nina Garcia box, Jurlique from Pop Sugar when that runs out, something from Michael Todd usually

Eye Cream - Michael Todd Intensive Eye Cream

Moisturize - Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer

1:  Remove eye makeup (usually a 2 stage, but sometimes Ko Gen Do cleansing water or Klorane cornflower)

2:  Use oil or cream cleanser to remove face makeup (I have a bunch of samples, or use Dermalogica PreCleanse or Liz Earle)

3:  Wash face 2 more times (Again, I mostly use up samples, but have Philosophy Purity Made Simple and Suki Exfoliator as staples)

4:  Spray toner (SheaTerra Moroccan Rose at present)

5:  Apply PTR Laser Free eye and face serums

6:  Apply night cream to face & neck (more sampes -- using Skyn Iceland at the moment); sometimes another eye cream, too

7:  Apply lotion to feet, put on socks and wash hands (I just use whatever body lotion is around -- currently Yes! to Carrots)

8:  Put SpaRitual hand serum on back of hands (to avoid Madonna's scary hands)

9:  Cuticle oil or Cream (varies -- sometimes SolarOil, OPI AvoPlex, sometimes CND Cuticle Eraser)

10: Hand cream (I really like Mirenesse PowerLift -- it smells like oranges!)

Then I'm tired and go to bed!

Being old = a LOT of maintenance!  But I'm 47, have almost no wrinkles and people think I'm in my mid-30s.  Apparently, all this effort pays off.

Having said that, washing my face 3 times at night has really made a difference in the texture of my skin.  I count Step #2 as my first wash, since I use water to get the oil or cream off.  Shout out to @Tiffany27la for this suggestion.  She's an esthetician, and strongly recommends it.  A lot of people with acne have been helped by this trick.  Tiffany is awesome -- she even started a thread where she will answer your skincare questions:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/139566/skincare-helpppp/0_100

1. remove my makeup with Neutrogena soap 2.  St. Ives Scrub (like 2 or 3 times a week) 3.  Ain't Misbehavin acne cleanser 4.  Olay complete moisturizer 5.  Nivea chapstick on my lips I have no idea if this is the best routine for me or not.... or am I ruining my skin....?
I used to love that scrub but I used it every morning an then after so much use it made me break out soo bad an my face got really irritated :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1 Shower

2 Wash my face

3 Tan

4 Mix random smelling lotions for a new smell (tonight was strawberry coconut)

5 drink half a cup of yellow root tea

6 brush teeth

7 read

1- shower

2- cleanse my face

3- brushe my teeth

3- apply eye creme

4- Put cream on my hair
5- apply moisturizer

6- drink half glass of water

7- read

Here's my routine, I hope it helps!

(Background info: I'm female, fair-complected, combination skin (oily and dry areas) prone to acne, and am 29 years old, so am starting to battle my first wrinkles, hyperpigmentation/melasma, loss of volume.)

PM:

1. Use balm cleanser (REN purity rose centriflora cleansing balm) to remove all eye makeup. Use on dry skin, then wet face to emulsify. Wipe off gently with cotton washcloth. Get in on the eye area gently with a clean area of the washcloth to remove mascara and eyeliner.

<Floss and Brush Teeth here>

2. Use a gentle milky cleanser (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser) with hands and then rinse off in tepid water. Pat dry with clean towel. All over face and neck.

3. Apply hydrating toner (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner) with cotton round or in a spray bottle.  Take it all over face, neck, decollete.

4. Apply chemical exfoliant (Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid) with cotton round. Take it all over face, under eyes and where crow's feet are/will appear, neck, and decollete.

5. Apply treatment serum (in my case, a retinol and antioxidant serum-- Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Brightening Solution). Apply 5 drops to fingers, and tap into face, under eye areas, neck, and any leftover on decollete.

6. After that dries somewhat, apply eye cream (if you want- not necessary), and then acne treatment. (Acne.org treatment - a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel).

7. After that dries, apply moisturizer (Acne.org moisturizer) and lip balm.

8. If your skin needs a dose of extra moisture, you can add a facial oil here. I would use either 100% organic rosehip oil, 100% argan oil, 100% jojoba oil, or any other facial oil, such as Tarte's maracuja oil.

When I shower at night (I change up between showering at night and in the am) I first wash my hair with shampoo (dermorganic) and conditioner (shea moisture). Then, I wash my body with a loofa and some creamy, calming body wash (shea moisture's african black soap body wash) and finally I wash my face in the shower last so I wash off any traces of shampoo or conditioner. But you're technically supposed to wash your face only in the skin and not let the shower water get on your face because of the heat. Then I pat dry and sometimes apply a few drops of argan oil to the ends of my hair, and usually apply an AHA body lotion (but not if I've just shaved, as that hurts like heck!) The one I use is Paula's Choice AHA Body lotion.

I forgot to say that when I get in bed, I apply a thick lotion to my hand and feet and sometimes put on cotton socks and gloves after applying, and then I go to sleep!

That's all.

Yeah... and when I get my prescription retinoid, it's going to get a lot more complicated. YIKES!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wash my face with Purity Made Simple (double wash if necessary for makeup). Slather on some eye cream and then cover my face and neck with whichever overnight mask seems most beneficial that night (lately it's been PTR's pumpkin enzyme mask). At some point brush my teeth! Slather on lip balm and put lotion on my hands, knees and elbows. Then bedtime!

1) remove make up with evoo (extra virgin olive oil)

2) wash face with Humble + Lavi's rosehip seed cleanser

3) pat dry face

4) use origins toner lotion to get rid of whatevers left on my face

5) moisturize with origins cream

6) dab argan oil on dry spots

then sleep like a little baby :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I clean my face with Nivea face wash, then take a show and wash my hair, put lotion on, put Nivea face cream on and go to sleep :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back