best neutral eye shadow palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the best neutral palette you use for eyeshadow? I'm looking for a no-brainer for work for most days. I want to look like I've got makeup on but as natural as possible. Thanks!

I picked up Wet N Wild Coloricon in "Comfort Zone" yesterday, and am really liking it so far. I'm looking for the same thing as you due to looking for a job. :') It's definitely a good cheap (but good quality) palette to figure out what nude look you like.

That being said, the others I've been eyeing have been the Stila In The palettes (specifically In the Moment) and theBalm's Nude 'Tude. Meet Matt(e) Nude might also match your goal!

Too Faced makes a nice natural eye palette, if I recall correctly. And I like Coastal Scents Revealed, though it's a little big to carry if you prefer a smaller bag at work!

i love neutral palettes and i have a ton! i'd recommend UD, but since you said you want it to look natural, i'd recommend a matte neutral palette. my top picks are stila in the know and kat von d ladybird. good luck, and let us know what you decide!

I really like the Urban Decay Naked - even if you don't want the whole big one the have a Mini platelet with only 5 simple natural colors 

I have been trying to figure out which one of the many neutral themed palettes to get, too. There are just SO MANY. I can only afford one right now, so trying to decided between all 3 Nakeds, and all the others from like Too Faced, theBalm, Lorac etc is pretty overwhelming. I am not as comfortable with neutral shadows, since I typically wear bright ones, so it's been hard to decide. Can't wait to see what everyone's opinions are on this topic.

Quote: Originally Posted by retrogirl10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are they glittery/shimmery at all?
 This is the one I was talking about - I really like it and I even use one of them daily just as a base as something to just throw on - I think one of them does have a shimmer look to it but its nothing huge or like "wow" at all - you can get these at ULTA or Sephora - deff cheaper than the bigger platelets and worth it. I have this and the NAKED 2 and i honestly think i used the mini one more! 

I really like this palette from Tarte: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-bow-and-go-eyeshadow-palette. (You can also get it as a part of this set: http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-bow-and-go-gift-collection. And get 20% off your first order from their website if you sign up for emails!) It has a nice mix of different tones and mattes and shimmers, so you can find a good look for work AND a good look for after work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The packaging is pretty compact, too, although there's no mirror inside so maybe it's not a great on-the-go palette. But I think it's a good deal and I really like it!

Stila's In The Know or In the Light are always my go-to's for neutrals. I love them, they blend easy, look natural and are affordable (and come with liners included!)

I just was reminded of another (cheaper) option - Sleek's Au Naturale palette. It's got some matte, some shimmer, nice neutral colors, good pigmentation, nice compact packaging (with a mirror!), and best of all, it's only around $10! Try the Sleek website or Amazon might be cheaper, it's a UK brand and I'm not sure how much Sleek's own shipping cost would be. 

I purchased this as a add to pile product and didn't think I'd really use it much, BUT I love it!! I normally like glittery/shimmery shadows and with my dark skin can make it work at work, but I like this so much I find myself reaching for it almost daily.

It's a great value at $27 and works out to $4.50 per shadow and next week you can get 15% off at Sephora if you are a member of their beauty program that's free to join. So $22.95/$3.82each that's drugstore pricing
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmgb02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   This is the one I was talking about - I really like it and I even use one of them daily just as a base as something to just throw on - I think one of them does have a shimmer look to it but its nothing huge or like "wow" at all - you can get these at ULTA or Sephora - deff cheaper than the bigger platelets and worth it. I have this and the NAKED 2 and i honestly think i used the mini one more! 

Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yess! When you break down the value like that its amazing! I use the one shade everyday when I'm rushing out the door just to throw on real quick before my eyeliner - it looks so natural and I'm sure more than half the people I see don't even notice I have eye shadow on but I do and thats all that counts : ) I wish they made smaller ones like this instead of the huge ones. I only have this and NAKED 2 - I am tempted to buy NAKED 3 but for now Im going to stick with the basics and my UD N2 : ) 

If you can still get it, Tarte's Be MATTEnificent is an awesome matte palette with very wearable neutrals that apply nicely. I heart it. Plus, the palette itself is so pretty... I'm a sucker for gorgeous packaging.

A palette that I've been eyeing for a while now, and which my sister bought today, is the Smashbox Full Exposure palette. It's got 14 shades, all neutral, 7 matte 7 shimmers. There are more than enough matte shades to pull together a great daytime look, and then you have the 7 shimmer shades to layer or use with the mattes for night time. I don't know if this is going to suit your purposes as much as some of the other palettes that have been mentioned, but it's a good option if you want an all-around palette that will work for any time.

Latest posts

Back