What is your favorite oil?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using Josie Maran's Argan Oil for about a year.  I love it!  Recently, I had a mishap with a product that completely dried my skin out so I used some EVOO to help fix the situation.  I think I actually love the EVOO more than JM Argan Oil.  I have combination skin, but there are more dry spots than normal/oily.  My skin seems to really soak it up and it looks great.  So...what is your favorite oil?  What is your skin type?

Hmmm, I have not tried tons of different face oils, but honestly, I have a bottle of argan oil that I use for my hair, and I just can't see myself putting it on my face. It seems slightly heavy, though it's not by Josie Maran.

I have some samples of Tarte maracuja oil and Nude's weird facial oil blend, but haven't used them yet.

I'll tell you what face oil I love, it's pure rosehip seed oil.

I found it at TJMaxx and thought 'what the hey!' and the first night I used it I saw a tremendous improvement in my skin. I think that went on for 2 days, and then I stopped getting improvement. I guess there's only so much you can improve before you just maintain.

I have very blemish-prone skin, which used to be extremely oily and is now combination.

I have combination skin too. I really like the Josie Maran Argan Milk (the newest addition to the line), Peter Thomas Roth Squalane (sp?), and Boscia Tsubaki oil. I like Algenist microalgae oil, but the smell is blegh, and the Nude and Marula oil I use on my body, but not on my face. I get a lot of samples to try haha, otherwise I'd never be able to afford all these. If I feel dry I'll pat some on alone, but usually I end up mixing with my moisturizer.

Honestly, I have been using JM argan oil until I tried Sheer Argan (the brand) argan oil. JM argan oil is more expensive and seems cheap and fake when I compare it to Sheer Argan. I could tell the difference immediately after  the first use on my hair then my face and neck. I learnt a lot about the use and benefits of this oil on their website.

Assuming you mean oils for skin/face... I actually cleanse my face with a combination of castor oil (70%), tea tree oil (15%) and sweet almond oil (15%). If I am out of almond oil, then I use olive oil or grapeseed oil.

I've heard that putting coconut oil on your skin is really good for it. And some people use it to cleanse their face. Just seems odd to me. But some oils are really good for you! The rosehip someone mentioned is calming and good for wrinkles! For oil on the body I'm loving neutrogena sesame body oil. Then I top it off with the sesame body lotion! Perfect for winter :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love grapeseed oil.i read a long time ago something about the molecular structure lets it penetrate into the skin or something really scientific like that.it makes sense though!like throwing a tennis ball against a chain link fence as opposed to a golf ball.or a hot dog down a hallway if your sense of humor is in the gutter like mine.i typically use it as a moisturizer in the winter and it just makes my skin really soft and calms any irritation.i really love it.and it's cheap!i buy all my organic-y stuff from mountain rose herbs.beware though! It's easy to want everything from them!

I switched to oils as my body moisturizer two years ago and I haven't had any problems with dryness since. I use grapeseed, argan, or jojoba oils usually. I have used coconut oil but I prefer the other ones I listed. I also apply a few drops of argan oil on my face every night before I apply my moisturizer. It works well for me. Oils hydrate my skin better than lotions. I apply just after my shower to damp skin. I use oils in my hair too but they don't work as well for me as some hair treatments. 

Extra virgin organic coconut oil. It can also be used to remove makeup, smooth over elbows, knees, lips......tons of uses! I keep two jars, one for the kitchen and one for body and hair. Argan oil is OK, but not my first choice.

NUDE progenius oil is my favorite facial oil.

If we are talking DIY stuff...I like olive oil for a moisturizer. A mixture of castor oil and olive oil work well for a cleanser.

For my face, I heated up coconut oil and vitamin E to create a lotion. I let it sit over night to become a solid, like a cold cream. I've been applying that to my face and wow! What a difference! My skin was bright and radiant, my fine lines in my forehead were fading, and my spots were clearing up! Best moisturizer eve! 

For my face, I heated up coconut oil and vitamin E to create a lotion. I let it sit over night to become a solid, like a cold cream. I've been applying that to my face and wow! What a difference! My skin was bright and radiant, my fine lines in my forehead were fading, and my spots were clearing up! Best moisturizer eve! 
Yes. Coconut oil + Vitamin E = Miracle in a jar. 

I also like using Castor oil and Sweet Almond oil. And I always put a drop of lavender oil in them for a little added luxury. 

Well, I would recommend Olive oil as it is the one nearest to the natural oils found in your body and exceptionally good for your face and body as a moisturizer. You can add it to your favorite moisturizer. It works great. Always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Pumpkin seed oil is what I love to first vleanse/remove makeup and moisturize. A gray blogger, minimalist beauty, pointed out the fact that acneic skin need oils high in linoleic acid to balance it. I was using argan oil to moisturize, and I was getting clogged pores that turned into pimples. Since using pumpkin seed, shamanuti charcoal cleanser at night, and raw honey in the am, my skin has never been more clear. Is check oUT that blog if you'd like to learn about which oil is best for which skin type.

Latest posts

Back