i need a new hair straightener!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My hair straightener is the tool science? I need a new one that helps split ends and doesnt damage my hair and so i dont have to make so many streeks so it doesn't take that long. I dont want to have to buy new hair products to help my hair be smooth and silky with this new straightener. Ideas?

I think anything with heat is going to damage your hair (I'm not a cosmo I'm an esthetician!). But I have an HAI flat iron that I've had for about 6-7 years and it still works as good as the first time I used it. I don't have a problem with frizz so I'm not sure if this helps any, but I do know it is a good flat iron. It was about $150 when I got it back then. I think the price has dropped on them but I'm not sure.

dba52bc14cbdcdbd41a17c06f179c61c97aada8f4b4e8c92f7pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my daughter a fantastic straightener see from Karmin.  Samantha has soft curly hair that for some reason she sometimes wants absolutely straight!   My hair is dead straight and I would kill to have hair like hers!   She is so happy with her present and she has not noticed any damage to her hair at all.

KarminSalonFlatIron.jpg

Your best bet is to do some research on various hair straighteners. If you're looking for a quality hair straightener at a low price, check out VAV Professional Hair Straightener.  If price isn't an issue, the BabyLissPro Titanium Hair Straightener is amazing. I've been a hairstylist for over 10 years and I've found that price doesn't matter with consideration to quality as much as the brand and the feature you are looking for.

[SIZE=10pt]In my opinion, CHI is worth the price. I wouldn't trade my CHI for any other flat iron ever ever ever in my life. It works perfectly for my long hair and it's definitely the Best flat iron[/SIZE] I've ever had. To keep my hair healthy looking,  it is super important to use daily conditioners & lotions while straightening.

Though I don't have much knowledge of it still let me try to answer it. Healthy hair feels slightly silky and looks like this. If your hair has become too dry and fragile, it probably lost the natural oils that keep your hair hydrated. This shortage of oils can be restored by using natural masks and rinses and treating your hair with oil.  You can't make your hair straight "naturally" unless you already have naturally straight hair. Of course you can always chemically alter it, with keratin treatments, Brazilian blowouts, relaxers, or simply straightening it out often.

If you are needing a new flat iron, you should try use VOLOOM Classic 11/2 inch volumizing hair iron. If you get it right with this tool, you need not to invest frequently in expensive volumizing spray and mousses to give your hair the full bouncy look it deserves.

Latest posts

Back