Anyone Interested In A Canadian Circle Swap?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The title says it all ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have serious envy over our US friends and their circular nail polish swaps! I just wanted to see if anyone else on our side of the boarder was interested, because I just want to see if there's any body cares and wants to do one, or I'm just dreaming :sleeping: Anyways, in case anyone doesn't know, the box starts out with a certain amount of nail polishes (new or lightly used only, preferably), and as it gets mailed to each person, they can pick out what they like, and replace it with nail polishes from their stash that their not big fans of. Anyways, I'm just gauging interested to see if I'm alone, or if there's enough people for me to see if this is something we could do.

Hi @DivaSaurusRex!

So sorry you've already been hanging on this question for almost a day! It must be us quiet and shy Canadians or something! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ??? Are they all pm'ing you?

As I've mentioned in the past, I am so excited by these swaps: seeing all the polishes and the trades is a lot of fun!; but have a bit of a tendency to love the majority of what I buy, and have not had the time to wear and try everything I've purchased to decide what (else, more?) I might be willing to swap. My stash is, ahem..., growing, so there might be a few in there that would be additional candidates for a circle swap! I also didn't realize that the other swap was actually exclusive to the US. It was in the back of my mind to eventually, sooner or maybe a bit later, but some time!, put my name in for the existing thread for the circular swap. But I understand logistics can be an issue for cross-border giant polish boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Anyway, the short story is - yes - I would be interested in a Canadian circular swap! I'd be curious about the realities of posting polish here - if we mail it around, how much would a box of x, y, z size cost to post, and are we in any way restricted? Also, what could we do to reduce the risk of vanishing members/boxes? It is a great idea, and I'd love to hear if there are more people who would be interested here!

Hi @DivaSaurusRex! So sorry you've already been hanging on this question for almost a day! It must be us quiet and shy Canadians or something! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ??? Are they all pm'ing you? As I've mentioned in the past, I am so excited by these swaps: seeing all the polishes and the trades is a lot of fun!; but have a bit of a tendency to love the majority of what I buy, and have not had the time to wear and try everything I've purchased to decide what (else, more?) I might be willing to swap. My stash is, ahem..., growing, so there might be a few in there that would be additional candidates for a circle swap! I also didn't realize that the other swap was actually exclusive to the US. It was in the back of my mind to eventually, sooner or maybe a bit later, but some time!, put my name in for the existing thread for the circular swap. But I understand logistics can be an issue for cross-border giant polish boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyway, the short story is - yes - I would be interested in a Canadian circular swap! I'd be curious about the realities of posting polish here - if we mail it around, how much would a box of x, y, z size cost to post, and are we in any way restricted? Also, what could we do to reduce the risk of vanishing members/boxes? It is a great idea, and I'd love to hear if there are more people who would be interested here!
Hey Trades are awesome, aren't they? I love majority of stuff I buy, don't purchase dupes, and usually will return stuff I don't like/ change my mind on, but I feel like I just need to weed it out and whittle it down to favourites sometimes. For room for more, of course ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't realize it either, at first, but as soon as I realized it made TOTAL sense. It was an aha moment, lol. Mailing is something I will be looking into when I go to the post office tomorrow. I don't usually mail out huge, heavy boxes, so I'm unsure as well, I'm hoping there's a flat rate option. I know the US girls say it's about $10-11 at first, $15-16 by the end. That was a huge box though, must have been 50+ polishes. We'd also need to work that out too, there's nothing worse than a swap lifter :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm thinking that being part if the box, you'd need no negative feedback, something like 50+ post and a member for 2/3 months, and would have to be continually active on the MUT (our thread and the site in general). If you have any suggestions- about anything!, I'd love to hear them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully well have some more girls step out of the shadows. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd be interested! I have tons of polish; probably in the 500+ range; as well as stamping and other nail art stuff, and I'd really like to weed out some of my rarely used stuff, get rid of dupes and generally clean out my stash.

Hey ladies! So far, there are 5 of us interested. Yippee! I think if we can get to 10+, I will make it official, collect addresses and send out the first box, so recommend people :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Right now I'm thinking of ground rules. If any body has any ideas, please share. I might ask for some help fro, the ladies in charge of the original US box. I have checked rates with Canada post. For a box weighing around 25 pounds, it'll be $15-20, depending on the location of the sender and receiver. So I was thinking, we could either make the order based on who signed up when, or based on location, to get the cheapest postage prices. That'll be up to everyone else though. But it looks like it wouldn't be crazy costly, which is definitely nice! Hopefully we don't even need to spend that much, 25 pounds is a lot!!! I'm excited for this! I feel like it could actually be real, lol.

I'd be interested too, but my collection is only about 150 polishes, and I don't have too many dupes. Having said that, there is stuff I don't wear, and selling nail polish online in Canada is a bit of a pain (although I did manage to sell some Enchanteds). I do know that nail polish is considered a "dangerous good" by Canada Post, so it must be packed really well. Thankfully, I get lots of packages from NPC so I have a large collection of boxes and packing materials! This could be a lot of fun, esp. If we have themes! It's probably a good idea to start off small and see how it goes. Expedited parcels are insured for $100 so we could try to keep it around that value? If there were 10 people we could rotate 10-20 polishes at a time...or is that too much of a small scale?

Latest posts

Back