Companies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many of you are against animal testing and buy makeup/products from companies that don't test? I'm trying to only buy cruelty free products. What are your favorite makeup brands that do NOT animal test? I read a thing about animal testing with makeup and it seemed so cruel :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So ya can you tell me good Brands Who Do not Animal Test?

That's a tricky topic as lots of companies can say their products are cruelty free, but it won't necessarily mean they are. For example, some can have a third party do testing, or some can test the ingredients, but not the finished product.

The best thing in my opinion is to us the Leaping Bunny for companies:

www.leapingbunny.org/shopping.php

You can even request a pocket-sized version of this to be mailed to you for free.

Also, you should join our group! It's kind of lonely in there, as not many people post in there anymore.  https://www.makeuptalk.com/groups/show/22/cruelty-free-cosmetic-lovers

Companies that are my go-to cruelty-free are: (My favorites are in bold)

1. NYX

2. Wet n Wild

3. Physician's Formula

4. Burts Bees

5. Acure Organics

6. Tarte

7. ELF

8. Too Faced

9. Urban Decay

10. Josie Maran

11. Murad skincare

12. Ren skincare

13. Paula's Choice skincare

14. Jane Iredale

15. EcoTools brushes

16. Real Techniques brushes

Keep in mind some of these companies are owned by bigger corporations who do test on animals, but I adopt 'MyBeautyBunny' blog's policy on that, which is you are showing that corporation that a cruelty-free company can do well financially.

There are tons more, but that's just off the top of my head.

Good luck going cruelty-free! I just started this year, and it's going really well! I did a lot of research for myself and I'm finding the right products for me! Right now I'm only using cruelty-free companies for cosmetics, including skincare. I will widen that to include household items, such as cleaning supplies and detergents.

Pretty soon I'll be going vegetarian, but right now I'm taking it one step at a time.

Welcome, and join us in our group, pretty please!

Thanks for replying! I might repost the threa with the title as animal testing, I didnt mean to make the title say companies! I will check Out that website and sure I can join your group. Thanks for the brand suggestions! I use some physcians formula and wet n wild makeup already that I got :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh yeah and I have some burts bees lip products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope that one day every makeup Brand will Stop testing on animals or At least that consumers will Not Support companies That do test <3

Back