Starlooks April 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally received my replacement items for my referral bag!

The colors are right up my alley and I think they're perfect for the season. I wish they would do a box with more shades in this range.

Items I received were:

Lip gloss in "Orgasmic"

Lipstick in "Streep"

Streep is the darker shade and is a really gorgeous berry/mauve shade with a slight sheen. Orgasmic is a bubblegum pink with frost but not so much that it becomes 80's-like, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I noticed that the lip glosses are packaged a bit differently. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but the doe-foot applicator is very straight and is flexible at the base. The tube itself has a matte black top and it is tapered rather than straight. Interesting!

Super happy with this referral bag!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The colors are right up my alley and I think they're perfect for the season. I wish they would do a box with more shades in this range.

Items I received were:

Lip gloss in "Orgasmic"

Lipstick in "Streep"

Streep is the darker shade and is a really gorgeous berry/mauve shade with a slight sheen. Orgasmic is a bubblegum pink with frost but not so much that it becomes 80's-like, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I noticed that the lip glosses are packaged a bit differently. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but the doe-foot applicator is very straight and is flexible at the base. The tube itself has a matte black top and it is tapered rather than straight. Interesting!

Those are great colors.

Yeah the packaging seems different on the gloss. Hopefully, it is a better quality. The old ones were pretty bad. FIrst, I had the wand come apart from the cap and then not long after that the cap split on mine when I closed it. I liked the gloss it's self, but the packaging was so cheap. Does the new packaging seem sturdier?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Those are great colors.

Yeah the packaging seems different on the gloss. Hopefully, it is a better quality. The old ones were pretty bad. FIrst, I had the wand come apart from the cap and then not long after that the cap split on mine when I closed it. I liked the gloss it's self, but the packaging was so cheap. Does the new packaging seem sturdier?

It's hard to tell if it's better quality. Honestly it doesn't feel any sturdier than the other packaging, but just "different." It's possible it was a common issue with the old lip gloss packaging so this is an updated/sturdier version? Hope so, at least!

Items I received were:

Lip gloss in "Orgasmic"

Lipstick in "Streep"

That's a great bag!

I really, *really* hope that April goes in a weirder direction than March. "Sprinkling" (as they put it) core classic items is good once in a while, but an entire box of them sucks, and why bother with a makeup subscription (whether as a subscriber or as the company running it) if you're not going to push boundaries?

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really, *really* hope that April goes in a weirder direction than March. "Sprinkling" (as they put it) core classic items is good once in a while, but an entire box of them sucks, and why bother with a makeup subscription (whether as a subscriber or as the company running it) if you're not going to push boundaries?
I agree completely. I actually canceled today, so I don't think I'll be getting the April box, but I am getting one more referral bag. I'm going to keep active in the threads and keep track of what's been sent out and then re-assess and see if it's something I want to resubscribe to. I've been disappointed since the new year, unfortunately.

Oh frak me, I totallllly meant to cancel but of course, slipped my mind. I always forget that Starlooks charges RIGHT on the 1st even though we don't get the box until much later in the month.

Well I suppose the plus side is 1 more month closer the next loyalty gift *eyeroll*. Here's to hoping it's better than the Ashley debacle. 

I'm hoping for some good eye makeup! I managed to order two past boxes (including one from 2012 that has been sold out) to keep me happy.

A bit off topic but they finally have their lip scrub back in stock!!!  May just have to use the 20% off code INSTALIP20 and stock up before they're gone again!  =D

To stay on topic, really hoping for a pink or berry color tendergloss in this month's box.

I was debating cancelling and then I got charged... I think I am going to decide after the May box because frankly, I want another code..I think the next 2 months will give me an idea if I should stay or go. Let's hope for some fun vibrant colors for spring or summer!

Items I received were:

Lip gloss in "Orgasmic"

Lipstick in "Streep"

I loooove Streep! I think I might have to buy it today. lol 

Quote: Originally Posted by XBrieX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loooove Streep! I think I might have to buy it today. lol 
I've been using it a LOT lately! It's a great spring shade!

I resubscribed for March and was totally bummed with the entire box...but I'm going to keep my subscription for at least 3 months to get a loyalty code before I cancel again. I have a referral box coming this month also so hopefully Starlooks can win back my love. 
icon_lol.gif

I resubscribed for March and was totally bummed with the entire box...but I'm going to keep my subscription for at least 3 months to get a loyalty code before I cancel again. I have a referral box coming this month also so hopefully Starlooks can win back my love. :icon_lol:
I may have missed something. Is there something that said every three month loyalty gift would be a code? Couldn't it change every time and include items?

Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may have missed something. Is there something that said every three month loyalty gift would be a code? Couldn't it change every time and include items?
Not that I've seen, I guess it could be a box also 
smile.gif

Yeah, they never said it would be a code, just a gift. I know when the last one came out as a code I saw SO MANY people complaining on their facebook about it. Which is silly to me, you got $35 gift card pretty much and they were complaining because they wanted to get surprise items. Personally, I'd like the $35 code! I HOPE that's what it is, since I didn't get the last one and there are so many things I'd love to pick out myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, they never said it would be a code, just a gift. I know when the last one came out as a code I saw SO MANY people complaining on their facebook about it. Which is silly to me, you got $35 gift card pretty much and they were complaining because they wanted to get surprise items. Personally, I'd like the $35 code! I HOPE that's what it is, since I didn't get the last one and there are so many things I'd love to pick out myself.
I LOVED the code. We get surprise items every  month, extra ones on our birthday month, and more surprise items in the referral bags. I was so thrilled to get the $35 gift code because I was able to actually get things that I've been eyeing!

Maybe they could do a Box of Mystery for $35. That way, if you want a surprise, you can go for that, and if you want something specific, you can pick that.

I LOVED the code. We get surprise items every  month, extra ones on our birthday month, and more surprise items in the referral bags. I was so thrilled to get the $35 gift code because I was able to actually get things that I've been eyeing!
That is how I feel, too. I couldn't believe it when I saw quite a few people saying they wanted surprise items not codes. Like you said, we get so many surprise items in other forms from them, that a $35 code is perfect to buy colors and items you want. There are a few items I like of theirs that I got colors I don't like as much as the products and being able to pick my own shades of things would be nice. (like their regular lipsticks, I've gotten three and none have been colors that I would wear regularly--a copper, a  frosty neutral & Boss--, so it'd be nice to pick a color, then I'd wear it more and could get a feel for if I really like the formula enough to buy more).

If I remember from past months, we should be getting the Looksbook in the next week or so, can't wait to see it so we can start trying to figure it all out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am with everyone who wants fun spring colors!!! Even though it's super cold here again (it warmed up for a bit, but is cold again), I was totally rockin some bright pink jeans. I want it to feel like spring and I want to bust out some awesome springy colors and would love to have some more to use.

Wishlist:

-a pink lipgloss or a sheerish pink gloss and a vivid pink lipliner

-eyeshadow in a bright yellow, lime or aqua color

-a berry lipstick...it might not be springy, but I have been wanitng a berry lipstick from a sub since fall and have yet to receive one lol

-a coral/pink blush

Any one of those items would make me happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back