What products do you keep buying, but rarely use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For me it's definitely primers and eyeliner.

I usually get them in a set with other items and think "No, THIS time I'll use it."  Nope, I just don't.  

Eyeshadow palettes, for sure. I hoard them like a crazy person and don't touch them, thinking I'll start on a new one when the couple I'm using run out. But even wearing lots of eyeshadow every single day, they never run out. And I just keep buying more and more.

Probably single eyeshadows. I forget I have them because the packaging tends to be bulky so I leave them in a basket in the bathroom somewhere and rediscover them months later.

And nail polish- I buy stuff when the colours are pretty and it's cheap! Why do I do this? I don't even have a full set of fingernails! It makes no sense!

Face primers. I don't think I've ever found one I like but I have TONS! I always think the next one will be better and it's not. 

Definitely nail polish, I am a complete junkie! My fiance is always like "Where did that color come from?" and wonders when I sneak in all this polish lol. I seriously do not need anymore but cannot resist a cute color.

I am VERY new to buying polish...what I mean is, I was a shameless polishwhore in my youth, and after I started getting acrylic nails and fills stopped buying for a good long while--I don't know if it's a property of acrylic or the skill of the manicurist, but the polish she puts on will last for two weeks. For years I just changed the color when I got my fills. I decided I wanted some variety at the beginning of this month, as well as some much-needed make-Lizzy-happy time, and went on a nail polish freak-out--including starting Julep, I've probably acquired about 18 bottles since the start of March!

Primers, setting powders, gosh the list goes on! For some odd reason I am always buying eyelash curlers and my eyelashes are already curly (naturally).

Eyeshadow and lip colors. I love eyeshadow but I won't be able to finish any of the shades I own. I also love buying lipsticks but only use them the first couple of days lol

Everything! Foundation, primer, lip products, blush, eyeliner, brow product, mascara and anti shine products.

I just realized I didn't put down eyeshadow, I guess because that is something I use multiple ones per day and feel justified in purchasing more.

I have more of everything than I'll ever use, but most of it is stuff I use every day - ie, I wear lipstick every day but I'll never use up all of my over 100 lipsticks. 

But something I almost never wear, yet own quite a few of? Bronzer and highlighter. I have at least 5 of each, and wear them maybe once a month. Also, primers. I own two full size and two deluxe sample size primers, and I only wear primer at most once a week (and usually less often). 

I've got hundreds of lipsticks and eyeliner pencils but I actually do use them, on the other hand I barely use lip gloss. I mean, they make me look like a teenager, but the tubes are to pretty to not love!

It's probably gonna be lipsticks, since it's the product I use the least (especially because I can wear few colors and because I usually prefer to draw the attention to my eyes), but can't stop buying them, even if I know I just use a couple!!

I may have misunderstood, I use the products but buy way more than I need. Then they just sit there not being used. I'm a full face daily kinda gal.

Lip glosses. I love the idea of them, but rarely like the way they look on me. I prefer the look of lipstick.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautybybrett /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lip glosses. I love the idea of them, but rarely like the way they look on me. I prefer the look of lipstick.
Haha...that, too. I have probably 40 or 50 lip glosses in my possession, but I only use the tiniest bit at a time (it's not 1996 :p ) in the center of my bottom lip. I'll never, ever come close to using enough of these to make them worth what I spent!

I have an obsession with buyin new blushers... but always wear the same few ones... I have more than 200 blushers :X 

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Eyeshadow palettes, for sure. I hoard them like a crazy person and don't touch them, thinking I'll start on a new one when the couple I'm using run out. But even wearing lots of eyeshadow every single day, they never run out. And I just keep buying more and more.
A woman after my own heart LOL

I am SUCH a palette junkie! I keep telling myself that I'm not "ever buying another palette" and then 5 different companies come out with 5 different ones that I "just have to have!" It's an endless cycle. 

I second that! Haha I don't even know how many I have. I just bought two more last week. No regrets! Lol

Back