Circular Swap #5: East Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here’s the swapping order for your group:

1. @Lily V
  2. @sparklegirl
  3. @Jwls750
  4. @IndiaLynRose
  5. @Elizabeth Mac
  6. @productjunkie14
  7. LilyV

To be a good participant, please post to the thread when you have received the box (required), post pictures of the box contents (optional, but always fun and appreciated) and PM the next recipient with delivery confirmation information when you send the box on (required). You have the option of either PMing the next recipient or @tgooberbutt for the mailing address/info of the next participant.

Try to keep the box moving by sending it one within one (1) week of when you receive it. Remember, over-communication is better than no communication! Have fun!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited! Starting putting products aside for this. Are you guys ok wih used products ( nail polish, hair serums etc.) as long as they're labeled?

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm excited! Starting putting products aside for this. Are you guys ok wih used products ( nail polish, hair serums etc.) as long as they're labeled?

I'm okay with previously used/sampled items that are labeled. I feel like I've been looking forward to this for ages! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Ladies! 
wave.gif

@sparklegirl

@Jwls750

@IndiaLynRose

@Elizabeth Mac

@productjunkie14

I'm going to work on getting the starter box together this weekend. Is there anything in particular that you would like to see in the box?  More make up than skin care? (or vice versa, or equal amounts?)? I'm a big nail polish fanatic too, so I def can add polishes in, if there's interest (& if yes- what colors do people prefer?)  What about perfume samples- yes, no, only a few?

In general, if y'all can let me know what kind of products does everyone like/are looking for, etc- that would be really helpful for me in  putting a good variety of goodies in the box. 

Thanks!  Hope everyone is excited for a new round of the circular swap!!

(& yes, I'm also fine with gently previously used/sampled/swatched items that are labeled.)

For me, I always prefer makeup and really hate skin care stuff (b/c I'm so particular with it) but I have skincare stuff I can add (since I hate it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). Also, I dispise perfume samples, but a few could never hurt. I love love love nail polish, but the only brand I really use is Zoya (any color, I already have a 1/2 of their collection :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) so I have plenty of polishes I can put in too if people want because I'm happy to give away my non Zoya stuff. I'm definitely ok with swatched (labeled) products because who doesn't swatch?!?! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my favorite things to get are probably eyeliners (liquid and pencil), lipsticks, blush, and some eyeshadows :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The ladies after me, what are you most interested in? (I'd write your names but I'm on my phone and it's hard :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).

Hi! So excited for this round ! I am more interested in skincare ESP higher end stuff ole h. Algenist etc boscia Kiehl masks etc. I'm not into nail polish at all but have a few nice ones that I will contribute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. In terms of makeup I'm into bb creams blushes not into eyeliner or mascara. In terms of hair I am looking for things for straight hair no volumizing Hope this helps. Sounds like we should have a nice mix. So excited!

I love everything! I like dark reds/blues/almost black nail polish and light pinks/almost clear nail polish and not much in between. I love mascara, eyeliner and pinky-nudes lip colors. I use hair oils, detangler sprays and dry shampoo regularly so would love anyone this things. For skin care, I'm constantly on the lookout for a good cleanser. Other things I like are tanning items, bronzer, and twist bands. It looks like we all like different things which is perfect!!

Thanks for the responses!  Soooo.. based on that,  pretty much everything works. got it.  lol
wink.gif

For me, I'm way more into makeup, polish, and the more "indie" perfume brands-(like juliette has a gun, penhaglion's, atelier, ineke, BPAL) than skin care- I'm super picky about skincare actually and pretty much content with my current routine, so I def will have a bunch of skincare stuff to put in the box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm looking to seriously reduce my swap stash, so I think there will be a lot of goodies to put into the box.

For me- I love blushes, colorful & neutral shadows, soft eyeliner pencils/gel liners, lipsticks & glosses, tinted lip balms, super pale foundation/BB samples for oily skin, brow pencils/gels (for dark hair). Polishes- I love color, shimmer, glitter, duo/multichromes, but lately have been appreciating some creams & nudes. Fave brands are Julep, Zoya, Sephora Formula X, indie brands (Mod lacquers, crowstoes, kbshimmer, tons more).  In general I like & look best in cool toned colors- jewel tones, etc.   

I don't use tanners or bronzers of any kind. Really warm colors (oranges, yellows, orangy-reds, brown lippies) are not my friend.

Give me a couple of days to sort & organize the stash (mark which ones have been swatched, etc) and take pics too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Thanks!!

So excited!! I am wondering how this is suppose to work though since the site is going down for a couple of days. How will we notify that we've received the box/shipped it out while the site is down?

Good morning! I thought I'd contribute my interests. I love skin care products, although I'm also pretty set in my routine at this point. I love lip products - especially lipsticks. I used to wear a lot of glittery makeup, but now I'm more into nudes and pink eyeshadows. I still love glitter liner though. I love face and hair oils. My hair is super thick and curly so I can really pile on the product. I love perfumes - Flowerbomb is my favorite, but I love to hoard all kinds of scents. I'm not really into nail polish because I'm so rough with my hands, but I have some that I can contribute. I'm looking forward to seeing the starter box!!

Thanks @Elizabeth Mac  (hrmm... maybe I should put some more perfume samples in there for ya then!)   and @Jwls750 brings up a good point- I believe that they will be a temp forums (.org or something??) to use in that meantime, but maybe we should also have a backup plan (we all email tgooberbutt directly for mailing addresses during that time?)

@tgooberbutt  -any thoughts on what the groups should do if their boxes are traveling (& I assume many will be) during the site shutdown? 

Quote: Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So excited!! I am wondering how this is suppose to work though since the site is going down for a couple of days. How will we notify that we've received the box/shipped it out while the site is down?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks @Elizabeth Mac  (hrmm... maybe I should put some more perfume samples in there for ya then!)   and @Jwls750 brings up a good point- I believe that they will be a temp forums (.org or something??) to use in that meantime, but maybe we should also have a backup plan (we all email tgooberbutt directly for mailing addresses during that time?)

@tgooberbutt  -any thoughts on what the groups should do if their boxes are traveling (& I assume many will be) during the site shutdown? 
If you guys are comfortable with it, we can exchange emails within the group and keep each other updated and send our address that way.Do we know how long the site will be down?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooooo - very good question. Anyone in the swap should feel free to email me <tgooberbutt at gmail dotcom> to get their next mailing address, and I can also pass along the DC# to the recipient as well. Though.... There's gotta be a more elegant solution. I'll ask @zadidoll and see if there's a better way. 

UPDATE (also to be cross-posted on the Circular Swap #5 FAQ) :

I chatted with @zadidoll, and here's what the situation is with CS#5 with regards to the site transition. 

First off, how much (if any) of the existing threads' content will be lost is still unknown. At the absolute worst, we may lose the content in the CS#5 threads...so the discussions, picts, etc. This is the absolute worst case scenario, which the MUT staff are trying their best to not let that happen. 

The migration down time itself will be 24-96 hours, where no-one will be able to post on this existing MUT site. During this time, anyone in CS#5 should feel free to email me at <tgooberbutt at gmail dot com> to get their next mailing address, and I will also email delivery confirmation numbers. If you would like to, since everyone already knows their circular swap order, I encourage you to PM your next recipient now, to get their mailing address, just in case, and just to be extra-prepared. 

Once the new site is up and running, I will make sure Circular Swap #5 threads exist, and will notify each of you of their respective locations. The threads will either be migrated over along with the whole MUT site migration, or they will be re-started by me.  

Any questions about how the site migration might affect CW#5, please post to the CW#5 FAQ Thread so everyone will know. Thanks!

Thanks tgooberbutt!   East coast ladies, I think we should all email both tgoooberbutt and each other, just to be sure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ok, goodies are all packaged up!! (a medium box packed solid with stuff!!- Eight pounds worth!)

here we go:

skincare (full sizes,deluxe sizes & foils)

bath/body skincare (full sizes, deluxe sizes & foils)

Makeup (full sizes, deluxe sizes & foils)

more makeup (couldn't fit it all in 1 pic nicely)

Haircare stuff (deluxe & foils) (have also added a full size marc anthony dream waves beach spray after pic was taken)

Perfumes & polishes (I've added a few more perfume samples after the pic was taken, see below)

Clarins Par Amour 2 vial set, Stella Cadente Miss Me vial, Swarovski Miss Aura vial, mini bottle of Fragonard fleur d'oranger, travel spray of VS' Secret Crush

And also mini Body Shop body butter in Vanilla Spice was added in last second too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay, hope this is a good variety for everyone- there's makeup, skincare (have a few Korean & Swedish brands in there too), haircare. little bit of perfume & polish too.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It's all ready to go out tomorrow to @sparklegirl !!

The box looks great- I've already picked out a few things! I will be out of town Saturday-Monday, but I'll try to get the box out to the next person on Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back