Blush Mystery Beauty Box April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LethalLesal

Tattooed Martha Stewart
Reaction score
I'm super excited to find out what we're getting!  I know a lot of the people on here don't care for it because it seems to be more skin care focused, but that's what I want, so it's the perfect subscription for me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by LethalLesal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm super excited to find out what we're getting!  I know a lot of the people on here don't care for it because it seems to be more skin care focused, but that's what I want, so it's the perfect subscription for me. 
Yes I am excited also!  I like everything but face paint.  If you take care of your skin you don't need much anyways.  Back when I belonged to Beautyfix, most of their makeup was crap anyways.  But everything else was wonderful! 

Blush is one of my fave subscription boxes.  I get enough makeup in other boxes and not enough skincare.  This box fills that gap for me.  The Avocado foot cream we got a few months ago is amazing!  The only item I ever received that was a dud was that HOT pink clip in hair thingy but my niece will love it when she comes to visit for the summer.  I can't wait for April!

Did anyone see the video they recently added to the Blush page?  It's a demo of Pixi by Petra (bronzer, BB type cream, and under eye concealer).  I'm guessing we'll get a Pixi product.  

Quote:Originally Posted by Sadejane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone see the video they recently added to the Blush page?  It's a demo of Pixi by Petra (bronzer, BB type cream, and under eye concealer).  I'm guessing we'll get a Pixi product.  

No I missed it! Will run off to check it now! Woo hoo! (Unless it is bronzer that is...)

New here... Ok now I know my first post went through.. IE11 is a bear here. Had to edit my post with Firefox.

After last month's box, which was a huge disappointment for me, (I can't use anything in it) I'm hoping this one will be awesome. I don't mind pixie, but the last thing I want is a bronzer (especially their bronzer) or a bb cream. I might cry tears of joy if they sent some endless silky eye pens though. Preferably not black.

Blush is my favorite sub box. I feel it doesn't get enough love.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChullBird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After last month's box, which was a huge disappointment for me, (I can't use anything in it) I'm hoping this one will be awesome. I don't mind pixie, but the last thing I want is a bronzer (especially their bronzer) or a bb cream. I might cry tears of joy if they sent some endless silky eye pens though. Preferably not black.

Blush is my favorite sub box. I feel it doesn't get enough love.
Blush has become, by far, my favorite monthly sub. Skin care is what I love to see, so this is the perfect box for that!

I hate that you couldn't use anything from last months box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was one of my absolute favorites since I've started sub'ing. Why weren't you able to use any of the samples?

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Blush has become, by far, my favorite monthly sub. Skin care is what I love to see, so this is the perfect box for that!

I hate that you couldn't use anything from last months box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was one of my absolute favorites since I've started sub'ing. Why weren't you able to use any of the samples?
I have super sensitive acne prone skin. The DCL I got was for dry skin, the StriVectin has shea butter and vegetable oil, Laura Geller primer, huge nope. I might be able to use the Paula's Choice, but it makes me nervous. I'm not upset about it though since it's basically just luck of the draw. I've gotten loads of other products that I've loved, it's such a steal and let's be honest...the mystery is exciting. I plan on swapping and or passing my stuff on to someone else who can use it. I just realized I have an enormous collection of things I could swap.

I have super sensitive acne prone skin. The DCL I got was for dry skin, the StriVectin has shea butter and vegetable oil, Laura Geller primer, huge nope. I might be able to use the Paula's Choice, but it makes me nervous. I'm not upset about it though since it's basically just luck of the draw. I've gotten loads of other products that I've loved, it's such a steal and let's be honest...the mystery is exciting. I plan on swapping and or passing my stuff on to someone else who can use it. I just realized I have an enormous collection of things I could swap.
The Paulas Choice item was exciting for me since I have heard a ton about it. I have skin very similar to yours and it seems to be working pretty well for me so far. A blog I read (Skin and Tonics) did a pretty good analysis of it a while back (here) if you want to read more about it.

Hope April's box is better for you!

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Paulas Choice item was exciting for me since I have heard a ton about it. I have skin very similar to yours and it seems to be working pretty well for me so far. A blog I read (Skin and Tonics) did a pretty good analysis of it a while back (here) if you want to read more about it.

Hope April's box is better for you!
I'm convinced now.

I mean what's the worst that could happen?

I seriously LOVE my Blush Mystery box!  It's my favorite box mainly because I can usually use so much of it!  I don't have sensitive skin which definitely makes using everything easier.  It's the one box I think I will always keep subscribing to.

I have really enjoyed all the skin products.  I'm happy to have a sub that doesn't have a billion hair products (i still love you sample society).

I'm creeping into old age far faster than I was hoping I would and Im all about skin care right now.  The more the merrier, imo.  I realize that its all subjective though.  Everyone has different focuses.  Im happy I found a box that coincides so nicely with mine.

Where on earth are you seeing updates?

I never even saw the pixi video that was mentioned yesterday.
frown.gif

I  may or may not be blind.

I'm convinced now.

I mean what's the worst that could happen?
I totally understand because I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne prone (still waiting for the day I grow out of it like my Mom keeps telling me, lmao). I really like the Paula's Choice, but I only use it at night and a little on a cotton ball goes a long way. I also don't use it every night (I actually don't use anything daily except for my Fresh Soy Face Cleanser) and it has definitely helped limit breakouts and works to zap the little bumps I've already got. Not a miracle treatment (I've given up hope that one exists) but effective :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dayzeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I totally understand because I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne prone (still waiting for the day I grow out of it like my Mom keeps telling me, lmao). I really like the Paula's Choice, but I only use it at night and a little on a cotton ball goes a long way. I also don't use it every night (I actually don't use anything daily except for my Fresh Soy Face Cleanser) and it has definitely helped limit breakouts and works to zap the little bumps I've already got. Not a miracle treatment (I've given up hope that one exists) but effective :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The link provided by goldendarter was actually really helpful, so now I am excited to try it. I actually went to the PC website, and mostly everything there has really really good reviews. I just get so nervous about everything I put on my face because at 30, having a bunch of zits on my is super embarrassing.

Actually, it's embarrassing no matter how old you are. I just feel like people notice more at my age.

Too bad there's no such thing as a miracle product.

Where on earth are you seeing updates? I never even saw the pixi video that was mentioned yesterday. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I  may or may not be blind.
For some reason, people on this forum say "updates" instead of what people usually do and say "bump" to move the thread up and get it active again. They don't have any updates, you aren't blind. I have no idea why they do that.

@zeeomega that makes sense! I just sort of figured it was a kind of "bump" thing, but thought it was weird. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back