What part of your makeup routine do you spend the most time?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so obsessed with my brows! I spend more time on them than any other part of my face! Love it!

Lashes, definitely! Lol. I've got short, stubby, straight lashes. It takes ages to make them look remotely decent!!

Definitely eyeshadows, if I'm gonna wear any.

And if I am, it's probably going to be a full eye makeup with (at least) 3/4 colours (if not more) to place, blend accurately, and then maybe put some more, and then blend again, etc etc.... yes, it takes ages.

Probably anything surrounding the eyes, I can kind of rush through my complexion/lips/cheeks, but eyes have to be perfectly applied.

Eye shadow, definitely. I think that would be the case for most people, unless they do a really basic one shadow sweep.

I'll have to say eyeliner; I've gotten really good at getting it very even on both sides so I take my time and concentrate to make it look perfect.

Quote: Originally Posted by lanabuch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so obsessed with my brows! I spend more time on them than any other part of my face!

Love it!
Me too! I don't know why, but I am just utterly obsessed with eyebrows in general. I used to not care at all about my eyebrows, and when I figured out their true potential I went nuts! Like that's the most important thing.

My eye looks. I spend a lot of time on my eyes. About 15mins.

The rest I can do in a minute.

LOL, wish I could spend just 15 mins on my eyes!!
wacko.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL, wish I could spend just 15 mins on my eyes!!
wacko.gif

Wait, is that too much time? lol

I could speed it up, but I get easily distracted and I like to take my time. I really do need to spend less time though, It's not like I do really intricate looks. I typically do the normal 4-5 colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by MIKAGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wait, is that too much time? lol

I could speed it up, but I get easily distracted and I like to take my time. I really do need to spend less time though, It's not like I do really intricate looks. I typically do the normal 4-5 colors.

What?! Too much time?!?! No!! I'd pay to be that quick!! If I am gonna do a detailed eye makeup I need at least 25 mins!! Well, I never clocked myself, but I can tell you for sure that if I'm doing a full face nice makeup I'll take 40 mins.

Yes, I am THAT slow!!!
whistling.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What?! Too much time?!?! No!! I'd pay to be that quick!! If I am gonna do a detailed eye makeup I need at least 25 mins!! Well, I never clocked myself, but I can tell you for sure that if I'm doing a full face nice makeup I'll take 40 mins.

Yes, I am THAT slow!!!
whistling.gif

Oh, WOW! Haha No, everyone is always rushing me telling me I take too much time! Well now I don't feel so bad! LOL

Eyebrows and foundation. I do my foundation first and I spend a lot of time on it to make sure it's blended and have good coverage. Then I do my brows and fill it in with brow wax and make sure it's perfect. 

After that it's the rest of my makeup and it's I don't care too much about that lol. Most of the time I just sweep one color all over my lids and that's it.

Well, I sit there in front of my collection for about fifteen minutes haggling over what colours to wear- does that count? ;D

I'd have to say I spend the most time on my lips. Exfoliating, priming, lining, mixing, applying, glossing, admiring ...

For me, definitely the eyes by the time I curl my eyelashes, apply mascara, eyeliner, shadow, and false lashes .  The rest of my routine is still pretty basic otherwise, for now anyway lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The skin care prep to get to the makeup takes the longest for me, but I'm trying to find a new foundation routine and often I find making something new "work" eats up more time then it should.

I can't remember if I already replied to this or not, but this is fun reading everyone's responses!

Everyone who said eyebrows takes the longest, I looked at your avatar pic and you girls have amazing eyebrows, so keep it up!

For me? I think I'm pretty quick with eyebrows and mascara- I see some people on youtube putting coat after coat on, I just use one coat and then comb through a bit to get the clumps out.

I can take maybe 5 minutes on my eyeshadow because I do very minimalistic looks- usually just 3 colors, all neutrals and ... well, light colors so they don't look very obvious or need much blending.

I guess the part that takes the longest for me is concealing my dark circles and any veins around my eyes, or any blemishes, without looking cakey or ... otherwise gross. So the concealing part is the longest for me. I work slowly and do a lot of blending and checking.

If I'm using a powder foundation, I can literally get it on my face in 1 minute or less. But if it's a liquid or a cream, it takes me longer, but I don't often wear those.

Quote: Originally Posted by MIKAGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too! I don't know why, but I am just utterly obsessed with eyebrows in general. I used to not care at all about my eyebrows, and when I figured out their true potential I went nuts! Like that's the most important thing.

My eye looks. I spend a lot of time on my eyes. About 15mins.

The rest I can do in a minute.
lol right?! I spend about 15 minutes on my brows, ten blending my shadows out, and 10 at the most on the rest of my face lol

Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The skin care prep to get to the makeup takes the longest for me, but I'm trying to find a new foundation routine and often I find making something new "work" eats up more time then it should.

yeah, skincare is a whole different animal for me haha!

I am absolutely obsessed with it! I cleanse, exfoliate, mask, toner, serum, eye serum, eye cream, and moisturize! Of course my mask and exfoliating are only included 3x a week.  That's morning and night too!

Latest posts

Back