I found it: The perfect contour for lighter-than-NC/NW15 skin!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't heard this one yet, so here goes.

Mac Eyeshadow in Fashion Fix

I've tried the bronzers, the one-size contour powders, the Wedge, the Kid, the Omega. Every one is too dark, too orange, or too yellow.

This one is absolutely perfect [for me]. It's matte, light, neutral -- plus it comes in blush size!

Anyway, I just wanted to share in case it helps anyone else like me. I hope so!

P.S. - Mac Eyeshadow in Copperplate is similar but more grey -- almost identical to NYX Taupe but better quality IMO. Try that too!

When I saw this topic, I opened it right away! Hahaha, because I went to MAC and my shade is..... NW10.
icon_eek.gif

I have NYC Sunny bronzer and NYX Taupe blush for contouring and bronzing purposes, but I honestly never really use them. I'm kind of scared to! The NYX blush is not very pigmented, which is kind of good because I don't want to go overboard, and the NYC Sunny is a little too orange.

I think the NYX Taupe is good... because although I thought I was 'cool toned' and therefore should be NC10, I do have pink undertones, so maybe that's warm toned? I'm not sure. The time I went to MAC she color-matched me as NW10.

That always confuses me too, East. Pink undertones are warm but for skin, pink is cool and yellow is warm. I think I'm just a mix. If I'm even NW15, it's in the summer! I want to revise that though. Copperplate is more grey than I originally thought next to NYX Taupe, but it's still excellent for fair contour. In reality, maybe Fashion Fix is more like Taupe. They're all brownish greyish taupe. It's difficult to tell. ETA: I wasn't sure where to post this, and now I'm fairly sure I messed up. Sorry everyone!

Back