Favourite Shoes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite pair of shoes right now?  Those of us who love our shoes probably have quite a collection to choose from :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Anyway, I'll start off the thread with my current favorite at the moment; they're 6" Alba heels that I bought online (gotta love the design lol).  As much as I love these, I'll admit that I've stumbled in them at least once!  hah.

This probably isn't the kind of response you're looking for.  I have a pair of Bogs winter shoes the upper is made of neoprene, they are waterproof yet breathable, and they have a really good non-slip rubber sole.  They're warm, comfortable, practical, and look decent with jeans - quite possibly the best shoes I have ever owned.  Every girl in a colder climate should have these.  They're 5 years old and due for replacement and it doesn't look like this particular shoe is still available so I'm kind of heartbroken.

Quote: Originally Posted by annatomical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This probably isn't the kind of response you're looking for.  I have a pair of Bogs winter shoes the upper is made of neoprene, they are waterproof yet breathable, and they have a really good non-slip rubber sole.  They're warm, comfortable, practical, and look decent with jeans - quite possibly the best shoes I have ever owned.  Every girl in a colder climate should have these.  They're 5 years old and due for replacement and it doesn't look like this particular shoe is still available so I'm kind of heartbroken.
Cool!  Five years is pretty impressive,  I think the most I've ever gotten out of anything I've worn out and about on a day-to-day basis is about two years (those were Doc Martens).  I have the worst luck! hah

Quote: Originally Posted by davie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i got these gorgeous strappy heels from Bebe (on sale....yay!)  over the winter and i totally LOVE them!!!!!

Love these!  I had a pair of zip-up black strappy cage heels that I used to wear quite a bit, but the zipper actually ripped off one weekend (talk about an awkward moment lol).  I keep debating about getting them repaired, or maybe just getting another pair like these when there's a decent sale around here.

Quote: Originally Posted by CaseyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Love these!  I had a pair of zip-up black strappy cage heels that I used to wear quite a bit, but the zipper actually ripped off one weekend (talk about an awkward moment lol).  I keep debating about getting them repaired, or maybe just getting another pair like these when there's a decent sale around here.

omg...don't you just hate those public shoe malfunctions....  particularly with heels because you just can't fake it with them.  Also, I totally hate when a fav pair of shoes break.... its so sad.

omg...don't you just hate those public shoe malfunctions....  particularly with heels because you just can't fake it with them.  Also, I totally hate when a fav pair of shoes break.... its so sad.
I had a platform sandal completely separate the sandal from the platform while out one night. Time to go home.

Totally!  I definitely learned the hard way to bring a spare pair of flats! (As annoying as it may be) lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimsuebob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a platform sandal completely separate the sandal from the platform while out one night. Time to go home.
Ouch!  I'll admit in desperation I've tried crazy glue to fix mine a couple of times.  It worked (for a day or two).. They say shoe repair is a dying profession these days; I could definitely keep it going with my misadventures hah

Totally!  I definitely learned the hard way to bring a spare pair of flats! (As annoying as it may be) lol

That is definitely a great idea....thinking ahead like that is not sometimes my strong suit! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimsuebob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah....that is definitely a problem!  I've had a few instances with strappy sandals - but mostly with the straps breaking loose.  I've done some creative repair jobs - once I used a twisty tie and another time a safely pin... creative, but not very cute... lol

That is definitely a great idea....thinking ahead like that is not sometimes my strong suit! lol

Yeah....that is definitely a problem!  I've had a few instances with strappy sandals - but mostly with the straps breaking loose.  I've done some creative repair jobs - once I used a twisty tie and another time a safely pin... creative, but not very cute... lol
Me either lol I only started bringing backups after working an event last year wearing those 6" ones.. By late in the evening I was so much pain that I opted for my bare stocking feet.  Luckily the club's crowd wasn't too particular that night hah

I'm obsessed with riding boots - just ordered my 2nd pair of these. The last pair lasted 2 years. They're Aeros Elite Tall Boot by Ovation. Very durable and also extremely fashionable. They can be paired with a cute dress and a coat to look instantly stylish. Soon though, I'll likely have to start looking for a chic pair of booties as the warm weather approaches.

Quote: Originally Posted by glitzglam10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm obsessed with riding boots - just ordered my 2nd pair of these. The last pair lasted 2 years. They're Aeros Elite Tall Boot by Ovation. Very durable and also extremely fashionable. They can be paired with a cute dress and a coat to look instantly stylish. Soon though, I'll likely have to start looking for a chic pair of booties as the warm weather approaches.

Awesome!  I love the length and style of those.  Boots are something I really need to invest in.  Despite living in Canada, I'll wear shoes all winter; it's a really bad habit lol The summer ones look really nice too.  Maybe it's time for me to go shopping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awesome!  I love the length and style of those.  Boots are something I really need to invest in.  Despite living in Canada, I'll wear shoes all winter; it's a really bad habit lol The summer ones look really nice too.  Maybe it's time for me to go shopping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes, you totally should! For the longest time I would wear just shoes, or cheap Forever 21 boots that would break in a matter of weeks. A nice pair of leather riding boots are super durable, last forever, and are stylish. I'd say definitely worth investing in. There are many high-quality mock riding boots out there, but I find that authentic riding boots last the longest.

My favorite pair of shoes is my combat boots. They're only practical for Winter, but I wish I could wear them all year. The sole also split about a month ago, so this was their last Winter. I need to make a trip to the Army/Navy Surplus Store. Combat boots are the most comfortable things I have ever worn on my feet.

OK, so I don't wear heels or anything flash like that but, I do love skate shoes, like DC and supras. Supras are like the most awesome style of hightopps and DCs are your classic skater hip hop style shoes, really cummfy and durabale. :)

my poor baby chuck slip ons! i've had them for 10+ years and washed them a billion times.i do love them so.they aren't very photogenic! haha
I like them a lot. They are well, loved. :) good on you. ;-)

I have this pair of Prada heels. I usually don't spend much on shoes, but these were to die for! I love them!

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have this pair of Prada heels. I usually don't spend much on shoes, but these were to die for! I love them!
ooh.those are ridiculous.please tell me you walk around with only those on.

Back