Urban Decay Naked 3 - FAKE?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need help and I need it ASAP. Please :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need confirmation that this is a fake Naked 3 palette

The writing of "naked 3" on the package looks fake, but the seller says that's the new package. Please help me. Normally it should look like this:

Am I wrong? Is it really a new package? Please help :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right now I don't have it, my sister has it but tomorrow I will get it and post more pictures. The package itself seems suspicious, I bought it from some site related to ebay that works only in Turkey, and the person who sold it to me says they bought it online from a site in UK :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can you notice the "Naked 3" emblem on the package? It doesn't cover the whole package like the original, there are spaces on left and right. Doesn't that prove anything?

Yes, that is very suspect! I also can't tell if its just the picture, but the colors of the shadows along the bottom look off compared to the real box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm not the best at these things, but the brush sticks out as fake to me.
That's what I was thinking, the brush in the pic is too dark in color & splays out. I ordered mines directly from Urban Decay & the brush looks nothing like it. Also, the colors of the eye shadows look a bit off.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gulsah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I need help and I need it ASAP. Please :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need confirmation that this is a fake Naked 3 palette

The writing of "naked 3" on the package looks fake, but the seller says that's the new package. Please help me. Normally it should look like this:

Am I wrong? Is it really a new package? Please help :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's hard to tell from that photo. Where was it purchased? If through a 3rd party seller the risk that it is counterfeit is high. The packaging for NAKED3 is not a plastic one like the original two but is indeed a cardboard box. Once you have it on hand check the back, there should be a code printed on the box that will correspond to the same code on the back of the metal packaging. No matching codes = fake.

Yes, that is a FAKE! You can tell because on the real UD pallets each NAME of each color is centered PERFECTLY and this one some color names are not perfectly centered. Check it out yourself. Find a REAL one and look closely at how every name is perfectly centered and the fake ones are not. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Marcia8386 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, that is a FAKE! You can tell because on the real UD pallets each NAME of each color is centered PERFECTLY and this one some color names are not perfectly centered. Check it out yourself. Find a REAL one and look closely at how every name is perfectly centered and the fake ones are not. 

The thing is the photos shared are bad due to being blurry and at an angle. At an angle the lettering could look off. The only way to know is if there is a code # on the back of the exterior packaging and the back of the palette itself.

The brush on the other hand... looks wrong. The brush is flat.

Nope, doesn't have a code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanna cry

Fake then. No code = fake.

All I did was a (MAJOR) close-up view of the pic she took, if you get really close you can see the color names are not perfect like they should be. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
icon_smile.gif

I was asked on Facebook what about NAKED 1 and 2. The original packaging, I've been told newer packaging is like NAKED 3, there is a stamp on the cardboard packaging under the plastic and on the palettes.

On NAKED 1 the stamp is typically on the left side of the back of the box while the stamp is on a side of the plastic portion to the palette. On NAKED 2 the stamp on the exterior is next to the UPC and on the bottom right corner of the palette however on NAKED 2 it may be a plastic sticker with the # such as on mine. I purchased all my NAKED palettes directly from Urban Decay.

Guys the person who sold me these told me they bought it from "beautybay.com" 
icon_eek.gif
 I find it quite shocking that beautybay would be selling fake Naked palettes, but it really was fake... And the seller still doesn't really believe me when I told them it was fake! As you pointed out there was no code, the metal looked tacky, the brush was different, the names of colours weren't centered, the carton package was different etc etc. I sent it back, hopefully I will get a refund 
frown.gif
 Thank you all so, so much for your help, I am truly grateful...

Guys the person who sold me these told me they bought it from "beautybay.com" 
icon_eek.gif
 I find it quite shocking that beautybay would be selling fake Naked palettes, but it really was fake... And the seller still doesn't really believe me when I told them it was fake! As you pointed out there was no code, the metal looked tacky, the brush was different, the names of colours weren't centered, the carton package was different etc etc. I sent it back, hopefully I will get a refund 
frown.gif
 Thank you all so, so much for your help, I am truly grateful...
i never heard of beautybay.com until now. i know i've shopped at beautybar.com. (i don't know if beautybay.com is a trusty site, but the seller could also just be lying about where he got it)

it is fake, and i hope you get your money back. the serial numbers is a good way of telling (also true for Benefit, if you ever shop that brand). also, from the pictures, the lettering is not centered, the box looks different. there is no such thing as a new packaging in the NAKED3 palette - it just came out!

the lettering is definitely not centered even in the pictures: you can just use the eyeshadows are 'guides' as to where the center is.

Latest posts

Back