What's you're favorite mascara??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! A little background about my lashes, they're long but very sparse and brittle. Everytime I wear mascara I lose lashes and that's the last thing I want since I have so little lol. I haven't found my HG mascara but so far I do like Tartes Lights Camera Lashes. So tell me what's you're favorite mascara?

My favorite mascara used to be NYX Doll Eye mascara, both the volume and length formulas.  They changed the formula though, and I haven't had much luck with it the last few years.

Since then I've been using Tarte Gifted mascara.  I love this formula, but it hasn't ended my holy grail search yet.  I always think their must be something even better, but I always end up regretting it and going back to Gifted.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but have you ever tried the serums like SmartLash or RapidLash? They seem to help a lot with lash loss/conditioning/growth. I noticed results within a month. And the non-prescription formulas available don't carry weird risks like Latisse does. You do need to keep using them to keep the new eyelashes strong and growing, but it's a thought. Using lash serum (whatever I can get a deal on or receive in a sub box), I can easily use cheaper mascaras (Maybelline's Falsies comes to mind).

I really love Too Faced Better than Sex mascara! It's very volumizing and it's a softer mascara, so I feel like it dosn't clump, and it's much easier for me to wash off!

First of all I've got terrible lashes... short, flat and really sparse, whenever I'm not wearing any makeup you can barely see them, I just look like I don't have any!!!
sick.gif

Having said that, it's not easy for a mascara to make my lashes stand out, it has to do miracles, so commonly I might like 3 mascaras out of 10!

The one I keep buying for years is Telescopic by L'Oreal, I hate this brand but this mascara really gets the best out of my lashes! Immensely longer, volumised and somewhat even curlier! One downside only: it makes the lashes a bit hard so you need an extra couple of minutes to remove it.

Lastly there's been a very pleasant new entry: Shocking by YSL!

Donated by my sister cos she had an allergy with it, I tried with very low expectations and surprise, surprise: GORGEOUS! It enhances EVERY single lash and doesn't clump them together so it's a bless if you have sparse eyelashes! And this one is very very easy to remove instead.

My all time favorite is Loreal telescopic carbon black!!!! It's amazing no flaking no smudging and my lashes look insane!!! (I've tried a lot of mascaras) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My absolute HG mascara is BareMineral 10 in 1 Lash Domination. My eyelashes are pretty mush to opposite of yours. Short, stubby, and very full. The BareMinerals works for me because it has this weird spiral brush, so it's not completely covered in bristles. It really helps to keep my lashes from clumping up. 

I hope you find a mascara that works!

I

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but have you ever tried the serums like SmartLash or RapidLash? They seem to help a lot with lash loss/conditioning/growth. I noticed results within a month. And the non-prescription formulas available don't carry weird risks like Latisse does. You do need to keep using them to keep the new eyelashes strong and growing, but it's a thought. Using lash serum (whatever I can get a deal on or receive in a sub box), I can easily use cheaper mascaras (Maybelline's Falsies comes to mind).
I haven't tried any serums like those but I definitely want to. I did look into latisse but didn't want to spent over $100 for a little bottle. Thanks for the suggestions!

I'

I really love Too Faced Better than Sex mascara! It's very volumizing and it's a softer mascara, so I feel like it dosn't clump, and it's much easier for me to wash off!
Oh I've been wanting to try the mascara from Two Faced. It's next on my list lol. I do like softer mascaras because the ones that dry hard make my lashes break off :/

First of all I've got terrible lashes... short, flat and really sparse, whenever I'm not wearing any makeup you can barely see them, I just look like I don't have any!!! :sick: Having said that, it's not easy for a mascara to make my lashes stand out, it has to do miracles, so commonly I might like 3 mascaras out of 10! The one I keep buying for years is Telescopic by L'Oreal, I hate this brand but this mascara really gets the best out of my lashes! Immensely longer, volumised and somewhat even curlier! One downside only: it makes the lashes a bit hard so you need an extra couple of minutes to remove it. Lastly there's been a very pleasant new entry: Shocking by YSL! Donated by my sister cos she had an allergy with it, I tried with very low expectations and surprise, surprise: GORGEOUS! It enhances EVERY single lash and doesn't clump them together so it's a bless if you have sparse eyelashes! And this one is very very easy to remove instead.
Wow the YSL mascara sounds amazing! I think l have to look into that one. Thanks for the suggestion!

I really love Maybelline Full n Soft, Maybelline Illegal Length and Loreal Voluminous Butterfly. 

I've tried many mascaras from drugstore to high end and I find that drugstore performs as well or better than the expensive ones. 

My favorite mascara ever was eyeko black magic. It has since run out and I'm using both its so big by Elizabeth Mott (which I purchased after getting a sample in my Ipsy bag. I love it) and tarte lights camera lashes. Love all three of those. I'm a mascara Floosie ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm liking the green cover girl one right now. I can't get myself to spend a lot of money on mascara because I go through it so fast. I tube maybe lasts me a month an a half. If you want your lashes to grow I really recommend Revitalash. It's $150 (i think) a tube and it lasts awhile. I've used it for years and it really made a difference in the length. My mom used Lasteese(sp?) and Revitalash one morning and one night. And her lashes were crazy! They were so full and long!

definately my favorite is Too Faced Better that False Lashes mascara.... its amazing. it comes with its own primer.  my lashes are both thin and short and this mascara really makes them look amazing

Quote: Originally Posted by davie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  definately my favorite is Too Faced Better that False Lashes mascara.... its amazing. it comes with its own primer.  my lashes are both thin and short and this mascara really makes them look amazing
I've been thinking about trying that. Is it really as great as it sounds? Mine are kinda long so I wasn't sure if I'd have "spider lashes" like my husband tells me. "you look like you have a spider on your eye" isn't he the sweetest? lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Esthylove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been thinking about trying that. Is it really as great as it sounds? Mine are kinda long so I wasn't sure if I'd have "spider lashes" like my husband tells me. "you look like you have a spider on your eye" isn't he the sweetest? lol
lol! yeah....real sweet....! just tell him he'd better be careful to not get caught in your web!!!

yeah, so they really are amazing.... you should definately try it.  My friend has long lashes and she loves it too.  It is definately easy to control just how much length and thickness you want using the primer and then the mascara.  I need a lot, so i put 2 coats of primer first.... but you dont even have to use the primer if you dont want.  but, if you do want to have that long false look for a party or something, its really easy to do without the fuss and putting on false lashes.

Definitely Benefit's They're Real. You don't even need a primer for this stuff! My old favorite was prescrptives mascara...which you can find in beauty outlets. But they closed our prescriptive counter here:(. I promise you won't be disappointed with the Benefit They're real!!

I need to try both of those. I always love trying new stuff. Back in the day MAC had one that was in a matte tube and I loved it so much but couldn't keep dishing up that much for it. Now I'm all about the new rubber brushes rather then the old ones.

Latest posts

Back