Makeup Graveyard

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristine Walker

Her Nibs
Reaction score
Dearly Beloved,

We are gathered here on this thread to grieve the loss of favorite makeup items. Please feel free to share your thoughts, or just a moment of silence in memory.

The original JANE line had what I considered the best drugstore lipsticks ever, I shall forever mourn the loss of "Cinnamon Stick" and "Browned Down Red" The concealer was fantastic and the blushes were a dream, I still have three sealed eyeshadows from the line. (Rockstar, Coolest Coral, and I think Ginger Ale...not sure on that last name)

Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara in Auburn, and the Hollywood Collection of eyeshadows (fabulous individual pots of neutral colors)

MAC Sheer Plum Lipstick (original, not the one they sell now)

Elizabeth Arden Pick-Two Palettes

Maybelline's Sky High Curves mascara, the waterproof version. I was pissed when that got discontinued and bought a bunch on eBay. I second the OP's comment on JANE concealer. That stuff was indeed fantastic. And Max Factor's mascaras were excellent.

L'Occitane Amande Pomme Cleansing Oil has been discontinued for years, and I'm really hoping that the company brings it back at some point :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This may not count because it was limited edition but I kick myself everyday for not getting the Tarte aqualillies round pallette last Summer. I had it in my hands at Ulta and decided to save my money. why...WHY????

Maybelline Lash Stylist mascara. It was my HG. Revlon nail polish in Firecracker. I have Ruby Pumps and I know there's a very similar Orly, but it's not the same. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I was a kid my mom used this hair mask called 'Mermaid'. I loved when my hair got crusty and dry in the summer and she would use it on me. I don't know if it's a good product by modern standards but I'd pay to smell it again for nostalgia.

Edit: thanks to Google, it was Loreal Mermade. It seems a lot of internet people also mourn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura Mercier Flawless Fix Pencil and Calvin Klein (the pre-cK makeup line) liquid concealer. Actually, I'm sad they discontinued that entire line of makeup. The new cK line doesn't impress me. I have the worst time finding products that match my skin tone, and then they're discontinued.

Chanel Pulsar nail polish.

Also, I was a little sad when they discontinued the Crabtree and Evelyn Spring Rain line. It was my favorite fragrance ever as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot remember the name of it - it was a lancome mascara popular in the late 1980's and early 1990's - very wet, very black, gloppy if you didn't know what you were doing - but it really made my lashes long and thick!!

Maybelline Purestay 
Recently discontinued, it was my go to foundation from 7th grade all the way through age 20. 

RIP :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back