MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

I really hope I like Mise En Scene shampoo and rinse as much as I love that Perfect Repair treatment. I had to take advantage of that 11st shipping promo and I have 4 bottles of shampoo, 2 bottles of rinse and 2 more treatments coming. Even if I get hit with customs (fingers crossed I don't) it works out to less per bottle than I'd pay for a most drugstore brands here. So really, ordering a ridiculous amount at one time is going to save me money in the long run, right? 

Someone who has ph testing strips as well as the elizavecca elastic pore cleansing foam (with the spider and piggy on it) and the Migabee Oil soap... (maybe  or @biancardi perhaps? 

I just tested these today, and either my ph strips aren't working right, or both of these have an insanely high ph. 

Can anyone test them for me and let me know what reading they got?

Also:

If I have cleansers with a very high ph, is there anything I can DO with them? I feel weird just tossing out the Migabee Oil Soap since it seems so nice. I would use it on my body but I'm not well versed enough in the ph-world yet to know if even that is OK or not. HALP

AlsoAlso:

If anyone has reccomendations for low-ph korean cleansers that aren't a million dollars, that would be awesome. The only one I have in my Collection right now is my Missha Near Skin Cleanser and that weird pool climax one from one of the global boxes LOL

Edited by MissJexie

I got the Beauteque Milk bag today! Love it, I think it's my fave of all their bags. Love that there were 3 skinfood items in there, and the polish (mint) is so pretty!

MissJexie, I have both of those cleansers but they're not in rotation yet so I havent ph tested them, although my skin doesn't mind higher ph cleansers since I rebalance my ph right away. I know most if us do that and they still bother a lot of people, I guess I got lucky in that I'm ok using higher ph stuff. Id have to toss most of the cleansers meme sends if not, lol! So sorry I cant help but I'm also curious what they read. I though the Migabee WAS a body cleanser, haha the bottle is just SO big!

• Like 1

I got the Beauteque Milk bag today! Love it, I think it's my fave of all their bags. Love that there were 3 skinfood items in there, and the polish (mint) is so pretty!

MissJexie, I have both of those cleansers but they're not in rotation yet so I havent ph tested them, although my skin doesn't mind higher ph cleansers since I rebalance my ph right away. I know most if us do that and they still bother a lot of people, I guess I got lucky in that I'm ok using higher ph stuff. Id have to toss most of the cleansers meme sends if not, lol! So sorry I cant help but I'm also curious what they read. I though the Migabee WAS a body cleanser, haha the bottle is just SO big!

The elizavecca one is tough because it comes out black and may have effected the reading, but both of them seemed to be between 9 and 10...which just seems...ridiculous on all sorts of levels. I feel like I should re-test everything in better lighting etc etc, but the migabee seemed crazy high. I would happily use it as a body cleanser if it were safe, but my skin is very sensitive and acne-prone to the max, so I'm worried about it!

• Like 1

Hello everybody! Not sure if you all remember me, as I've been away for a month or so. I've been lurking like a creep from time to time, but have had no time to post. Hope everyone is well and that your holidays were happy!

I was actually popping in to ask if anyone happens to know the pH for the Eva's Vitamin Cleansing Dessert, please? I'm getting a persistently red, sensitive forehead, and I suspect that this (probably basic as heck) cleanser is the culprit. So far every cleanser Memebox has sent me has been no bueno. I'm with MissJexie in wondering if any of you have recommendations for a lower pH cleanser? Or perhaps someone with a similar skin type to me (dry cheeks, oily nose & chin) can share their favorite cleanser, please? My skin hates allllll the cleansers, apparently. Korean, American, European - it doesn't matter. The struggle is eternal.

• Like 6

@@biancardi I have not tried it, but have heard so many good things - perhaps I should. I seem to remember people getting samples back in April/May that were dried out, and I think that put me off. But I loooooove my Recipe oil cleanser for makeup days; I ought to give the rest of the line a chance. Thank you!

@@flushblush here is what I got for a pH level for the lemon slowganic cleanser. I took a bit of the cleanser and a bit of water and mixed it so it was a liquid and then dipped the stick in it.

post-103689-0-09269000-1421197247_thumb.jpg

it looks like to have the range between 5 and 6

• Like 2

Hey all!  I pretty much can't make decisions for myself and need suggestions (or just a poke in a general direction lol) for which products out of my Memebox stash to incorporate into my routine.  My skin is dry, especially since it's extremely cold where I'm at.  I'm definitely feeling it on my face and need to step it up.

Currently, this is what I'm using, and in what order:

• Banila Co Clean it Zero Radiance (or Pond's Cold Cream)
  • Michael Todd Organics Honey and Oat Cleanser (will switch to Hada Labo Foaming Gokyun whatever soon)
  • Skinfood Tomato Toner or Purebess Galactomyces Essence
  • LJH Tea Tree Essence (will be out soon), alternate with Seatree Synake Essence or sometimes layer them
  • (NO AMPOULE, SERUM)
  • Soo Beaute' Bee Venom Milky Lotion
  • Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Cream (I'm afraid this might be giving me closed comedones)
  • Sometimes I'll finish with Maracuja Oil or a sleeping pack

I'm looking to add an ampoule and switch up my cream (or find one to add to my morning routine).

Here's what I have:

post-115299-0-37349200-1421198675_thumb.jpg

All are Memebox items, let me know if you don't recognize something.  Not pictured is the Soy Bio Lumpoule, and  Dr. MJ Bee Tox Control Cream I just got from global 18.

THANK YOU I can't make decisions without consulting the internet first hee hee

Edited by tiedyedlifestyle
  • Like 1

I would say if your skin is getting dry, skinfood's tomato toner is not a good choice. It has alcohol in it. I would just use the Purebess Galactomyces Essence for now. If you have the $$, get Secret Key's Milk Toner - if you didn't get the beauteque milk bag (SO RECOMMEND!!) you can pick it up at beautynetkorea pretty cheaply. That is a great toner.

The rice water cream, the face shop one or the Dr MJ bee tox would be good as a day cream - so would the goat milk (although the goat milk might be too rich - you might want to try it as a night cream first)

ampoule/serum - I cannot recommend this one enough. Every skin type seems to LOVE it. Benton's Snail-Bee essence - I know it is isn't an exact match on an ampoule/serum, but this stuff is amazing. Plus it doesn't have a scent - I have that synake essence and that is very florally to me. I have to use it on my hands as it makes my eyes water.

You have the migabee ampoule - that is nice to have, but it is SO small.

I would say this - check the ingredients on your hologram serum - I am not sure if the one you have is from the next best thing in skin care, but if it is, that stuff is FULL of alcohol and would be awful for your dry skin.

your other creams - the pink piggy is good as a night pack - seriously, that is how I use it. I avoid my t-zone with it. The other creams there are very nice too, but the lime & the skinfood, I find to be more lightweight, and they might be best saved for the warmer months.

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 1

@@tiedyedlifestyle

I agree with Biancardi about the Skinfood Tomato Toner, it's not going to be good for dry skin with all the alcohol.  Ditto for the AHC Hologram item you've got in your "must try" photo.

From what you've got to add in, I would definitely go for the Migabee Energy Ampoule and start right now.  It's winter, you need to hold all the moisture in your skin that is possible.:D

As an essence, I'm seconding Biancardi again because the Benton High Content Snail Bee Essence is pretty much one of the best things I've ever used in my life.  It's good for everything.  You can get it on Amazon quickly for less than $15.

For your creams, I'd say the LadyKin Broccoli Super Brightening Cream or the Rice Water Double Action. Both will be soothing, gentle and moisturizing.  If you've not got a sunscreen in your routine the ladykin does have an unmentioned SPF factor.  You might already have a sunscreen if it's in your BB cream or foundation, then that wouldn't need to be a deciding factor.

I think the Rice Water expires before the Ladykin if that makes a difference :)

Those would be my moisturizer choices anyway.  

But definitely go for that Migabee, especially if you're not using an ampoule anyway.  Your skin should love it!

I'm going to vote against the Ladykin Broccoli Cream. I have dry skin and don't find it moisturizing at all. It also leaves a pretty strong white cast and has a powderiness to it. So on me I found there were clumps of powder in the dry spots on my face, and especially around my nose. 

I'm also going to agree with getting the Benton essence. Love that stuff!

Let me just throw in my two cents on the Rice Water Double Action Cream-

It's soooo soothing and gentle on the skin. I really really love it. I have combination skin, and I use the double action cream as my morning moisturizer. It's a whipped gel-like formula, it smooths on like a dream and while it does take a minute or two to absorb for me, it might take much less time for you since you have dry skin. I have used half the jar already and have had no issue with irritation or acne, and my skin stays moisturized all day, even with the freezing temperatures! Definitely recommended for anyone, really- especially if it's sittiing in your stash unused, it's a good one to try!

Edited by MissJexie

I'm going to vote against the Ladykin Broccoli Cream. I have dry skin and don't find it moisturizing at all. It also leaves a pretty strong white cast and has a powderiness to it. So on me I found there were clumps of powder in the dry spots on my face, and especially around my nose. 

I'm also going to agree with getting the Benton essence. Love that stuff!

Thanks for mentioning this!  I havent used it but I like the ingredients so I had kept it out for myself.  I bet it's that dang titanium dioxide sunscreen that gives it the white cast, too.  Darn.  I love my broccoli toner, though.

I like the Rice Water cream (and I don't know the ingredients), a little goes a long way and my dry cheeks like it as much as my oily T zone.

yeah, I don't know all of the ingredients in the rice water cream either, but its key ingredients are

Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Water, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Cacao extract, arbutin, Adenosine, Oriental Medicines Complex (7 different types of herbal extracts)

Thanks for all the suggestions!!  The hologram serum is the one from brightening and correct. There's probably still alcohol in it.  I feel like if I tried to avoid all products with alcohol, I'd never get to use anything Memebox sends me!  Just kind of using the Skinfood toner to use it... no one else wants it and I hate wasting/giving up on stuff.  I realized that I shouldn't even go there with the Mizon Mojito toner even though I reaaaallly wanted to.  I ordered the Tequila one instead (for dry skin), I just needed it!

Swatched the rice water cream on my hand... mmmmmmm moisturize-y :)  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions!!  The hologram serum is the one from brightening and correct. There's probably still alcohol in it.  I feel like if I tried to avoid all products with alcohol, I'd never get to use anything Memebox sends me!  Just kind of using the Skinfood toner to use it... no one else wants it and I hate wasting/giving up on stuff.  I realized that I shouldn't even go there with the Mizon Mojito toner even though I reaaaallly wanted to.  I ordered the Tequila one instead (for dry skin), I just needed it!

Swatched the rice water cream on my hand... mmmmmmm moisturize-y :)

Seriously I looove the consistency of the rice water cream. It's so gel-like and soft and smooth LOL I can't explain it but it just feels nice on my skin. I've really been enjoying it.

And I do use products with alcohol in them too, but the hologram serum has a LOT of alcohol in it since it's one of the first listed ingredients in the product. I really wanted to use it but I sold it. The point of all these skincare goodies is to help our skin, afterall! 

I actually used the mojito toner and it's been pretty good for me! Although I prefer the AHA/BHA toner from Mizon much more!

Has anyone dealt with milia before? I'm pretty sure that's what is on my chin. It's the area that used to really suffer from acne, so I think this is sort of the leftover effect from the acne. It doesn't respond to any of my acne spot treatments, so I think I need to try something else. I have samples of Paula's Choice BHA, but maybe the Mizon toner would be an option until it clears up? 

ETA: I know it might involve a trip to a dermatologist or if I just leave it alone it could clear up on its own. I'm not sure if dermatologist visits are covered in Ontario, and I want to try something at home first. 

Edited by blinded

I received a shipping notification for my TK order today! (it took about 3 weeks this time)

I checked tracking, and the destination country is kazahstan ^^

Well, I'm living in Europe lol! Has that happened to any of you ladies before? ^^

I received a shipping notification for my TK order today! (it took about 3 weeks this time)

I checked tracking, and the destination country is kazahstan ^^

Well, I'm living in Europe lol! Has that happened to any of you ladies before? ^^

Lol! I thought mine went on a trip. The Korean EMS page showed it transited in Malaysia or something...i think thats rigged. I'm in Europe too. Enjoy your haul!!~ Do share a pic if you can. :P

Thanks, veritazy! I hope it'll make it here soon! I'll defo post a pic then! ^^

• Like 1

@@blinded I've got a small milia at on my nose by my eye. I've had it for a month or so (can't actually recall when I first noticed it). Its not painful or getting in the way at all, so going to leave it at the moment and see if it'll go away on its own.

Looking online it seems they can be "relatively" painlessly removed by lazer and a sharp scalpel but I'm a total woose when it comes to anything needles having had a lump removed from by lower back with just a local anaesthetic (weirdest sensation having someone stick their fingers into your back and wiggle them about!). So not keen to go down the surgical route unless it starts getting much bigger or infected. Obviously if your one is larger and more prominent then you might want to speak to a dermatologist in the first instance (we have the NHS why takes forever or a private clinic which would charge a fortune just to smile as you come in the door and take a seat).

Not really helping answer your question but just to say, you're not alone ;)

Edited by Alidolly
  • Like 1

Dermatologists are sometimes covered by our health plan, depends if it's considered cosmetic or not. It's not painful, but it's been there for awhile, a few months at least, and I just want it gone. It's taking me a long time to get out of the habit of touching or picking at my face, and knowing it's there is making that urge harder to resist. 

I haven't posted on this thread before and I don't want anyone to think I'm a know-it-all. But if you mix a cleanser with water, the pH will change. It will neutralize an acid or a base. So the above pH check was probably a little more basic than the cleanser actually is. In other words, the pH for this cleanser is likely lower that what the reading was. Again, just trying to be helpful, not a smarty pants. I have learned a lot from all of you by reading mut and your blogs. Thank you for that!

• Like 6