MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

I don't know what TK is saying about the toner, but the woman who bought the contaminated one was given a refund from them. 

Does anyone know how to use the TK $1 coupon that came with the gift they sent to members? I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

To contact RRS to let them know I also got a contaminated toner do I just send a message through the "contact us" link? It let me pick the order and product I had a question about. Was that how everyone else did it?

To contact RRS to let them know I also got a contaminated toner do I just send a message through the "contact us" link? It let me pick the order and product I had a question about. Was that how everyone else did it?

This is probably the easiest way as I sent a photo to their email address (as they'd sent the wrong item) and it was a few days later before they responded saying they'd found the email in their junk folder (as it had the attachment)...though doing it that way you have a copy of the email as proof that you contacted them.

• Like 1

If you are in Vancouver area, hit up the Daiso in Richmond. Otherwise, if there is a T&T nearby, they now carry a selection of Korean & Japanese skincare items. I saw Purederm, Tonymoly, Hada Labo, MBD in mine and mine is a small little one. So I imagine the ones in BC will have a better selection but be warned about the price mark up. 

Thank you for this info! I went out there over the weekend.. holy cow, that Daiso store is actually in an Asian mall!!! It was FULL of korean & japanese treasures! I got to walk around and try things in an actual tonymoly store!! I found an amazing little boutique with brands like dolly wink and some choosy lip masks (I think the ones that were in a memebox and people loved) that I'm going to have to go back and get when I'm out of my current stuff. The H-mart even sold the skinaz lip tatoos! It was SO MUCH FUN walking around there.. my husband brought an audiobook on his phone and just followed me around for a couple hours LOL. Next time, he's going to drop me off and let me spend the day exploring since I didn't see everything. (still too new to this area to get places that are far away.. I have no sense of direction <_< )

So I had the best day ever :D

And thank you to all you korean beauty experts.. it was impressive how much I already knew about everything there!

• Like 4

@@Alidolly Yeah, I wanted to send them a picture but that's not possible through the site and I got no confirmation that it went through. I also keep forgetting about the time difference and that I won't hear anything for hours. Impatient me. 

@blinded  RRS gets back to you pretty quickly, but it will be in the wee hours of the morning (due to time differences).   They will ask you to attach a photo at that point :)

• Like 1

Wondering if anyone else contacted Mizon about this issue, I still haven't received reply from them, almost a week since I sent the enquiry.

How did you contact Mizon? I emailed them yesterday about a totally unrelated topic, and heard back from them within hours. 

How did you contact Mizon? I emailed them yesterday about a totally unrelated topic, and heard back from them within hours. 

Hmm... suspicious!

I was thinking of emailing them too.  To ask if they were really discontinuing it or not.  Which email did you use?

I used the contact form on their web site

I'm currently patch testing the Mizon 8% AHA serum. I want to love the product as much as I love the dropper part. So fun. I keep emptying the dropper into the bottle, closing it, then opening it again just because I like how it fills up. Yeah. I may need a hobby...

• Like 3

I know this is sort of out-of-the-blue, but I was thinking about the secret santas and swaps that happen on MUT all the time, and I was thinking maybe we could do a K-Beauty Summer Swap or Secret Santa this year!

I know we all have piles of products that aren't right for our skin, or want to shop kbeauty for someone else so we can introduce them to our favorite things...is it just me, or would that be a blast?

I would be happy to run it if we do think it's a good idea, and it would probably happen in the warmer months once we've all recovered from the holiday shopping meltdowns (I still haven't lol) but I think it could be fun!

• Like 6

@@blinded I really like that serum and the cap and dispenser just makes it that much more fun! I've been using that and the OST 20 vitamin C and my skin peeled like crazy for a week and now it's so smooth and clear, if I start getting a zit it's healed up and the skin peeled off in record time, gross but, eh.

My skin is balanced and acne free for the first time in awhile. I had perfect skin until I hit 40, then all hell broke loose. Hormones went crazy I think. Then this summer it got worse again. But it's great now. I credit K-beauty for most of it. Genetics for a lot too, I'm 46 (yikes but a teenager at heart) and yet to have wrinkles. Thanks mom!

I've been using BHA on my chin for a few weeks now, and it's really made a huge difference. BHA is too drying for the rest of my face, so I'm hoping the serum works just as well. How often do you use it? 

I'm too afraid to try the vitamin C. I've reacted to products with citrus many times, so I think it would be a bad idea for me to try it. 

I know this is sort of out-of-the-blue, but I was thinking about the secret santas and swaps that happen on MUT all the time, and I was thinking maybe we could do a K-Beauty Summer Swap or Secret Santa this year!

I know we all have piles of products that aren't right for our skin, or want to shop kbeauty for someone else so we can introduce them to our favorite things...is it just me, or would that be a blast?

I would be happy to run it if we do think it's a good idea, and it would probably happen in the warmer months once we've all recovered from the holiday shopping meltdowns (I still haven't lol) but I think it could be fun!

I like this idea a lot!!  And we can also state if we wish to be a secret santa to international members!  I know I would love to do this with folks outside of the USA.   It can be mostly k-beauty, but maybe some things as well that are native to one's country that would be fun to try.

• Like 3

I've been using BHA on my chin for a few weeks now, and it's really made a huge difference. BHA is too drying for the rest of my face, so I'm hoping the serum works just as well. How often do you use it?

I'm too afraid to try the vitamin C. I've reacted to products with citrus many times, so I think it would be a bad idea for me to try it.

I've been using the OST twic a day and the Mizon peeling serum once all over my face. It's kibdvof drying but I welcomed that with combination-oily skin. I might have to back off a bit because my skin is feeling a bit dry.

I use the Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid on my face once a day, at night. It says it can be used twice a day but I find that it is a bit drying if I do that. Using it lightly on my skin once a night as completely diminished my acne. It's the only non-korean skincare product that I genuinely cannot live without!

I react the same way to Vitamin C products. I always, always breakout when I use a vitamin C serum. People say it's the skin "purging itself" but I'd rather not deal with a horrible breakout period. Even though there are the OST serums that peoplel speak very highly of, I just go without because of all the adverse reactions vitamin c has given me. :(

I like this idea a lot!!  And we can also state if we wish to be a secret santa to international members!  I know I would love to do this with folks outside of the USA.   It can be mostly k-beauty, but maybe some things as well that are native to one's country that would be fun to try.

Yay! I will keep it in mind and once it gets a bit warmer, I will start a summer swap/ss thread for kbeauty and let you guys know :)

I use the Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid on my face once a day, at night. It says it can be used twice a day but I find that it is a bit drying if I do that. Using it lightly on my skin once a night as completely diminished my acne. It's the only non-korean skincare product that I genuinely cannot live without!

I react the same way to Vitamin C products. I always, always breakout when I use a vitamin C serum. People say it's the skin "purging itself" but I'd rather not deal with a horrible breakout period. Even though there are the OST serums that peoplel speak very highly of, I just go without because of all the adverse reactions vitamin c has given me. :(

Yay! I will keep it in mind and once it gets a bit warmer, I will start a summer swap/ss thread for kbeauty and let you guys know :)

I've been using the PC 2% BHA too. I got some samples to test and so far I'm impressed. I don't want to buy a full bottle of PC since I'm only using it on my chin. I suppose its possible for the rest of my face to adapt, but I had terrible dry patches on my cheeks and forehead after test patching it that I don't really want to attempt to use it anywhere else again. If the AHA doesn't work as well I'll get some more samples.

My face burns when I use citrus, almost feels like a sunburn. So even though vitamin c might be a life changer for others, it's staying far away from me. 

Edited by blinded

I've been using the PC 2% BHA too. I got some samples to test and so far I'm impressed. I don't want to buy a full bottle of PC since I'm only using it on my chin. I suppose its possible for the rest of my face to adapt, but I had terrible dry patches on my cheeks and forehead after test patching it that I don't really want to attempt to use it anywhere else again. If the AHA doesn't work as well I'll get some more samples.

My face burns when I use citrus, almost feels like a sunburn. So even though vitamin c might be a life changer for others, it's staying far away from me.

I use the PC 2% BHA too for several years. The one product I can't live without. PC does make a 1% also that might be better for your drier areas.

• Like 2

I use the PC 2% BHA too for several years. The one product I can't live without. PC does make a 1% also that might be better for your drier areas.

I totally forgot about that. I bought my samples during a promo months ago and then didn't think about them again until a few weeks ago. I'll have to look at the page a little closer. 

I totally forgot about that. I bought my samples during a promo months ago and then didn't think about them again until a few weeks ago. I'll have to look at the page a little closer.

I forgot too that they also have the BHA in a lotion too that may be more moisturizing than the Liquid. I use the liquid one as I have oily skin.

So the Leaders site has some crazy fast shipping.

I couldn't resist the 30% sale and just "had" to pick up a few more of their masks.

I know...I know....I am a sucker for those coconut bio cellulose masks....

Anyway....

At 3:26pm I got the order confirmation.

And then at 3:54pm I got the "your order has shipped" email w/ tracking number.

And I just checked now and it is a valid, in the system, moving right along, tracking number!

That is crazy fast!

• Like 2