MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

Has anyone tried the Missha First Treatment Essence and the Purebess 100% Galactomyces (someday I'll be able to spell it without looking it up)? Which do you prefer? I've only tried the Purebess and it's currently back in my routine but I hear so much love for the FTE that I'm tempted to try it. 

I've only tried the Purebess, but the Missha First Treatment Essence is on my wishlist for sure. I've heard nothing but amazing things from some of the bloggers I really respect in terms of their opinions on products. It's a bit pricey for me, which is why I haven't grabbed one yet, but It's definitely something I plan on getting eventually!

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't think the FTE is amazing. For me, it's basically a big container of water for all the difference I've noticed while using it. And it's going to take me forever to make it through that bottle too.

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't think the FTE is amazing. For me, it's basically a big container of water for all the difference I've noticed while using it. And it's going to take me forever to make it through that bottle too.

Agree. I didn't notice a difference with it either.

It didn't do much for my skin at all.

I much prefer the Purebess Galactomyces essence.

Agree. I didn't notice a difference with it either.

It didn't do much for my skin at all.

I much prefer the Purebess Galactomyces essence.

Did you pat it in with your hands, or use a cotton round? Oddly enough, everyone who says it didn't work for them used a cotton round.

Did you pat it in with your hands, or use a cotton round? Oddly enough, everyone who says it didn't work for them used a cotton round.

I used a cotton round...

That is so strange.

Any idea why that would alter the effectiveness?

for really watery items, I like using my hands as I feel that the cotton soaks up too much and doesn't put enough on my face.

I feel that I have to dump a lot more product on the cotton round. The only time I use a cotton round is if I am using a product to clean off my face, like cleansing water.

Edited by biancardi

Has anyone tried the Missha First Treatment Essence and the Purebess 100% Galactomyces (someday I'll be able to spell it without looking it up)? Which do you prefer? I've only tried the Purebess and it's currently back in my routine but I hear so much love for the FTE that I'm tempted to try it. 

I LOVE FTE. I also use the Missha Time Revolution Science Activator Ampoule (also dubbed long name ampoule). Both of these products are amazing and I would never ever want to do without them, I noticed a difference the very first time I used them. It isn't a miracle worker, but my fine lines are less noticeable and my makeup doesn't settle into them like it used to, and I have a sort of glow that I definitely did not have before. But if I'm being honest, I've seen plenty of others say FTE broke them out really badly or did absolutely nothing for them.

Also to touch on what was mentioned above, I don't apply my FTE with cotton pads or rounds, I transferred mine to a spray bottle and I spritz it on every morning and night.

Edited by ChullBird
  • Like 1

Also to touch on what was mentioned above, I don't apply my FTE with cotton pads or rounds, I transferred mine to a spray bottle and I spritz it on every morning and night.

I bought the FTE with the bonus mist from Memeshop -- does anybody know if the mist is just FTE in an aerosol can? I actually love how fine the mist is, and I wish I could refill the can from my bottle if that was the case.

I bought the FTE with the bonus mist from Memeshop -- does anybody know if the mist is just FTE in an aerosol can? I actually love how fine the mist is, and I wish I could refill the can from my bottle if that was the case.

Not quite the same.

The long name ampoule is on my definitely buy list. I'll probably grab the FTE too. I like the Purebess, so I might as well experiment with a similar product.

The long name ampoule is on my definitely buy list. I'll probably grab the FTE too. I like the Purebess, so I might as well experiment with a similar product.

They're both on my list too! haha :) I just thin they're products that have been reviewed, tested and approved time and time again by so many trusted bloggers, even though they're pricey i feel like they'll be more than worth the investment.

Since I'm not just buying loads of Memeboxes, I have some spending money to play a little bit. I really want to start buying less in regards to sheer volume of products, but start focusing on purchasing things that will help me build my "ultimate" routine. I like the beauteque bags because their reminiscent of memebox without having 30+ of them come out each month, and I like 3B because it's $12, and allows me to try products without breaking the bank!

• Like 2

That's how I'm looking at it too. I'm going to fill in the gaps in my routine that are lacking a product I love, and that I don't have a stockpile of from memebox. Plus, since this is essentially free money from memebox, I don't mind trying out the pricier things. These two items seem like safe bets. 

If 3B starts to ship to Canada, I would be interested in signing up (depending on total cost/exchange rate) because I think I can handle a sub that has sample sized products. I think I've said enough on my thoughts on beauteque, but I also really need a break from boxes with random full sized products. I was planning on cutting back to almost no memeboxes anyways, so the break up hurts a bit less. It was mutual really. 

• Like 5

For what it's worth, I very highly recommend both products. They definitely turned my oily, dehydrated, acne prone skin around.

I get so many compliments these days, I chalk it up to FTE & Long name ampoule.

• Like 3

There's a new online retailer of K beauty - Binbinshop.com and they are based in the US from what I can tell. Have Innisfree stuff but didn't have a good look so not sure what else (was on my mobile so not easy to check). Might have some nice stuff for you US folk...

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I very highly recommend both products. They definitely turned my oily, dehydrated, acne prone skin around.

I get so many compliments these days, I chalk it up to FTE & Long name ampoule.

Omg I'm so glad you mentioned having oily, dehydrated skin. I have been seriously searching around lately to see if this was a thing because I seem to have it now. I was always just oily before, but this winter must have done something major to my face, because I'm getting dry/flaky patches, but they're still oily. It's driving me nuts. If I over moisturize, I break out, and if I under moisturize, they get worse. I have NO idea what to do. Is there anything else you can recommend besides the two Missha products?

Anyone else have any k-beauty solutions for this?

Edited by TonyaBeans

Has anyone ordered from Rinishop either on Ebay or  from their site?

(myrinishop.com)

Can't tell if it's sketchy or not and haven't heard much about them.

(They seem to be connected to that strange qoo10 site that always appears when you search for hard to find products. btw)

Omg I'm so glad you mentioned having oily, dehydrated skin. I have been seriously searching around lately to see if this was a thing because I seem to have it now. I was always just oily before, but this winter must have done something major to my face, because I'm getting dry/flaky patches, but they're still oily. It's driving me nuts. If I over moisturize, I break out, and if I under moisturize, they get worse. I have NO idea what to do. Is there anything else you can recommend besides the two Missha products?

Anyone else have any k-beauty solutions for this?

What kind of cleanser do you use? I found that was probably responsible for the majority of my problems. I used to use one with benzoyl peroxide, and I pretty sure it most definitely messing with my moisture barrier.  I use a regular cream cleanser with salicylic acid after I oil cleanse at night. I just rinse in the morning. I say no to foaming cleansers no matter what the PH is because they're just too drying for me. Reading the AB subreddit really helped me a lot. You might want to check it out.

I think this is where layering has become my best friend. I try to save heavier moisturizing for night time. I fell in love with the Migabee Honey & Bee venom cream. I use the two Missha products, and that. Then Holika Holika blueberry honey sleeping pack. I like honey! Can you tell?

For daytime, I really like LJH tea tree stuff. I use the toner, serum, and cream.

• Like 1

@ChullBird  What cleanser do you use? Because this sounds like something that might be a lifesaver for my T-zone during the hot, humid months...

@ChullBird  What cleanser do you use? Because this sounds like something that might be a lifesaver for my T-zone during the hot, humid months...

It's Neutrogena Oil free acne wash cream cleanser. In the orange bottle...and not the deep clean.

• Like 1

I've just been pH testing all my cleansers and toners.  Is a pH of 7 bad?  Most of mine are a 5 but the one Ive been using most lately is a 7. 

Has anyone ordered from Rinishop either on Ebay or from their site?

(myrinishop.com)

Can't tell if it's sketchy or not and haven't heard much about them.

(They seem to be connected to that strange qoo10 site that always appears when you search for hard to find products. btw)

I've ordered through them several times on eBay. Went smoothly with a few samples thrown in.

• Like 2

I've ordered through them several times on eBay. Went smoothly with a few samples thrown in.

Thank you! That's great to know.

They carry a few things that are hard to find...like the Petitfee Hyaluronic Acid & Lavender gel masks.

I (heart) those!

I've just been pH testing all my cleansers and toners.  Is a pH of 7 bad?  Most of mine are a 5 but the one Ive been using most lately is a 7. 

A 7 is definitely not as bad as some of the ones I had in my collection (eep) but as @ChullBird mentioned, you'll want to stay under a 6. 

I basically sucked it up and tossed out any of my cleansers that were over a 6, and I've seen a drastic change since I started using a cleanser that comes in a 5.5 after a couple of weeks. The only acne I have on my face is what was left from my last breakout. 

I tested ALL my products, not just my cleanser, and everything is under 6, thank goodness! I know most of the time that's the case for anything that isn't a cleanser, but I just wanted to make sure! 

• Like 1