MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

OMG the name of this one SLAYS me!

I disagree...it looks WAY FUN!

Uguisu Poo Uguisu No Fun Illuminating Mask
  • 41LtO-3LXiL._SY355_.jpg

HA! We posted the same product at the same time!

It's a sign. :)

Thanks so much. If I order it I will certainly give you the poop scoop.

• Like 3

Thanks all. . . think I'll pass on the placenta for the time being.  Is it strange that I'd rather try out the bird poop? lol

• Like 2

yeah, for bird poop masks!  I would be into that...I still cannot put snail slime on my lips, but I use it everywhere else! haha

• Like 1

Given we're talking all thing animals - mask genie has a "into the wild" bag with 10 animal masks which is just too cute to pass up. She's also got a new website (for us dinosaurs that don't use Facebook) at www.skinilove.com. The animal facemasks are $34 and there's another limited bag for $26.50 with 10 love more masks. May pouch also up for those interested. Payment by Paypal...and yes, did order the animal pouch :)

• Like 4

Hahaha I just ordered the bird poop stuff MissJexie posted! Yay! It's coming from Japan so it'll take a while but I'm excited to try it! (The dangers of an Amazon store card+Prime means I order a lot of stuff on there)

Edited by Krystyn Lowe
  • Like 5

Given we're talking all thing animals - mask genie has a "into the wild" bag with 10 animal masks which is just too cute to pass up. She's also got a new website (for us dinosaurs that don't use Facebook) at www.skinilove.com. The animal facemasks are $34 and there's another limited bag for $26.50 with 10 love more masks. May pouch also up for those interested. Payment by Paypal...and yes, did order the animal pouch :)

I ordered the limited and May bags. I really like Genie; she was my favorite Memebox reviewer last year when I was into buying them. In some unboxings of earlier months of Mask Genie she had History of Whoo masks - one of my dream brands. I can't wait to get my sets - I ordered the 10 pack. 

• Like 1

Really hope I don't get caught for duty on the package. If she puts $34 I will even if the shipping is free. I've got about 6 packages coming from around the world so could be an expensive month if most of them get stopped. I seriously hate the UK postal service and our government for 20% VAT on almost everything from abroad. Takes all the fun out of a purchase when you know you'll have to pay at least £15 for the item's release then wait another 4 days for its arrival

• Like 1

I was so excited when I learned that Canada and South Korea have a trade agreement now. Means I shouldn't have to worry about customs charges on most of my orders. Whee!

I was so excited when I learned that Canada and South Korea have a trade agreement now. Means I shouldn't have to worry about customs charges on most of my orders. Whee!

That's great news! Maybe that's why my latest orders haven't been opened and examined by customs. . . either that or they recognize my name on the box over there and are like "srsly? more masks?" :)

• Like 2

Don't think Beauteque are happy with my comments on Instagram in response to their horse oil product lol! Claiming its akin to liposuction in humans - seriously!? Assume none of them have had that process (not that I have myself but seen enough programmes to know that its pretty uncomfortable...and that's the person's choice to have it done). If the cosmetic companies won't actually admit how its obtained then people will assume there is a reason for this and that animal welfare isn't high on the priority list. Just because you can harvest oil, doesn't mean you should.

Realise there will be people here that like or use the product. That's your choice and if you are happy then fine. My choice not to use the product for the reasons stated.

@Alidolly  I think the "new" explanation of how the oil is harvested is more upsetting to me than to learn that they use the oil from a dead horse - I know that horse meat is eaten in many countries around the world, plus there are a lot of by products from horses (horsehair, their hooves for glue, and so on).  

For some reason, this "liposuction" of the fat just seems disturbing.  I don't have an issue with humanly killing an animal if we are going to use it for consumption and other parts.

I would like to know for sure how the oil is taken from the horse. 

Edited by biancardi

@@biancardi its the severe lack of information that concerns me. If its from the meat trade then at least the rest of the animal is being consumed (not to my taste granted but probably tastes a mixture of beef and venison). But if its a form of liposuction while the animal is still alive and aware of the procedure then how can it possible not hurt the animal in any way? Even sticking a needle into the mane area would undoubtedly hurt but to gain the oil from the fat, it would need to be in liquid form which surely would imvolve heat of some sort? If that's the case, again it cannot be definition be painless. Ignorance is no excuse for a beauty company selling products they can't provide information on - beauteque purchase these to sell on so should be able to a) find out B) provide detailed information. If they can't do that, then perhaps they should reconsider selling the product or expect at Least people to ask the question of how exactly its obtained.

plus, you have to think that extracting the oil in this manner means that they don't get a lot (how much "fat" is there under the horse's mane?)  so these products should be uber expensive.  But they aren't

I've stayed away from horse oil, as I feel uncomfortable using it when I don't know how it is extracted! I'm sticking to plant based skincare! ^^

I'm uncomfortable with horse oil products but I'm pretty sure they harvest it as a byproduct of a meat trade. Has anyone ever seen a fat horse?? Lol! Weren't people on that thread just SPECULATING that it was harvested this way. I'm sure if someone went to the company they would be transparent. Otherwise it's the interwebs ya know? I believe about .0001% of what's on it.

The company has a Facebook page but surprisingly NO ONE has asked how the oil is extracted (or they've removed all those questions!). I don't have a Facebook acct so can't ask I'm afraid

yea...honestly until a study comes out saying that horse oil will erase every skin concern i have...I won't be using it. 

I applaud Beauteque for thinking outside the box and keeping up with trends etc, but there are some things I don't think their Western customers are ready for.

Plus, as we've discussed, the iffy explanations of how it's extracted make me want to steer clear, regardless of how it's done.

Righto, finally found a website that actually manufactures the stuff and in Japan at least, it looks like its from slaughtered animals for the meat trade;

http://gokujolab.com/index.php/our-brand-story.html#horizontalTab4

In that one of the founders noted her hands were soft after cutting up the meat for bashami (finely cut horse meat).

However, the horses used in the Beauteque stuff are bred in Germany where I don't believe they consume as food (well not knowingly at least!) so unsure if the animals are slaughtered purely for their oil. One thing for sure, its not painless (unless you call a bolt through the head or bullet painless!). Any other method involves injections so claiming it doesn't harm the horse is untrue from the limited information on the topic available (and that's from company websites).

Just wish they'd be transparent about how its sourced...THEN people can decide whether they are happy using it or not.

I'm not a vegan, I eat meat but I do like horses and wouldn't eat one (or dog / cat for that matter either). Personal preference and each to their own so if you want to buy this, I won't demonise etc..those with really bad burns / skin complaints may well benefit from its use but if that's the case, there should be clinical trials and research papers on its properties. Otherwise its just a mixture of folklore and wishful thinking imho. If it is the miracle healer then prove it using standardised test protocols and publish the results.

Anyway, nuff said about it I think...

Was face mask night tonight so velieve one. Face feels a little itchy and looks red so hope it settles for tomorrow or back to my hallabong serum lol!

Nah I think you can get horsemeat to eat in Germany. Well you could when I went there in late 90s.

I think don't think it is hugely common to eat it but it is available

Edited by Jane George

I think cured horse meat is a European thing. I know it's available in Scandinavia so I think it's available in Europe too like in Germany. It's considered a delicacy so not something to be eaten every day.