MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

I also thought horsemeat was popular in France?  I know during the beef crisis (when I was a kid), they sold horse meat here in the states.

I know horse is a bit more common in Quebec than other parts of Canada, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's eaten in France. I think it was the Canadian version of Top Chef that featured horse meat in an episode. I remember the outrage for the next couple of days about it. 

Horse is widely eaten in France Germany Austria due to years of ski ing trips with school and all given steak to eat every night .

In that case I believe the oil is obtained from carcasses. Would explain how they can produce the amount they do (so the product is cheap). Any other method would be expensive and would have to be regulated for animal welfare etc..

Still not going to be applying to my face any time soon!

• Like 1

@@MissJexie I FINALLY got your Beauteque Honey bag today! I had forgot what was in it so SURPRISE TO ME! I love it! You did a fab job curating it. Already tried the lip balm (sticky, but love it), the hand cream, yay and the sleeping pack is going on as soon as I take this (you guessed it) Honey mask off! Had a crap day so along with 3 new palettes, a Memebox order, my Bean box sub and some beauty blenders from Amazon and two trades that came in today's mail things are looking up! Lol, I'm gonna go roll in my goodies now. Kloverbox and more goodies yesterday-I'm happy as a cop with a donut! (Sorry to any and all cops)

@@MissJexie I FINALLY got your Beauteque Honey bag today! I had forgot what was in it so SURPRISE TO ME! I love it! You did a fab job curating it. Already tried the lip balm (sticky, but love it), the hand cream, yay and the sleeping pack is going on as soon as I take this (you guessed it) Honey mask off! Had a crap day so along with 3 new palettes, a Memebox order, my Bean box sub and some beauty blenders from Amazon and two trades that came in today's mail things are looking up! Lol, I'm gonna go roll in my goodies now. Kloverbox and more goodies yesterday-I'm happy as a cop with a donut! (Sorry to any and all cops)

hahah girllll so happy it showed up!! I'm hoping almost everyone has theirs by now. I know international ones are going to take a little longer but I was all nervous about them not shipping out on time and stuff!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Mask Genie pouch delivered to the states.

(east coast)

I am trying to figure out the ETA of the In the Wild pouch which supposedly shipped on the 20th.

I just found this info on her website.

All monthly pouches are shipped out on the 10th of each month. As the MaskGenie Pouches are being shipped from Hong Kong, they will take a longer time to arrive. It usually takes 5-7 business days for a U.K. delivery, and around 4-5 weeks for a U.S. delivery. If your pouch has taken longer than 45 days to arrive, please contact us at [email protected] with the problem you are experiencing.

And I am wondering if it's a mistake or typo. 4-5 weeks is an insanely long time!

@LisaLeah  I usually get her items within 7-10 days after she ships out.

Thank you!

That sounds more like it!

I have to rave about 3 products I purchased from wishtrend a while back - and I've been using these for 2 weeks now.  I plan to write a more detailed review, but man, these products work so well for my skin type.  All of these are from CosRX

AHA.BHA Clarifying treatment toner - this is a spray on watery toner.  I've read a review how this was irritating to them, but I found this to be VERY mild and my skin has not experienced any breakouts since I have been using it - not even hormonal.
hyaluronic acid hydra power essence - a watery gel than I apply after the toner in the am and before my moisturizer.   This is so hydrating, yet it absorbs nicely into my skin. 
hyaluronic acid intensive cream - I was very scared of this product.  This was hyped for uber dry skin which I do not have.  However, I use it at night under my sleeping pack and it is so moist and hydrating - a little goes a long way. 

My face has been clear with no bumps for the last week.   I love that CosRX doesn't have that many ingredients in their products either

I am really pleased with these 3 products.  Very happy.  I have other products that once these are used up, I will have to review, but I have the feeling I will be back to purchase these again. 

• Like 2

@@biancardi do you spray the toner on your face or spray it on a cotton pad first? I'm not fond of things I have to spray on, but I really want to try this!

@@biancardi do you spray the toner on your face or spray it on a cotton pad first? I'm not fond of things I have to spray on, but I really want to try this!

I spray it in my hands and then pat into my face.  I feel that I waste it when it is on a cotton pad.

I spray it in my hands and then pat into my face.  I feel that I waste it when it is on a cotton pad.

That's how I was hoping I could use it! thanks! added it to my shopping cart ;) 

I have to rave about 3 products I purchased from wishtrend a while back - and I've been using these for 2 weeks now.  I plan to write a more detailed review, but man, these products work so well for my skin type.  All of these are from CosRX

AHA.BHA Clarifying treatment toner - this is a spray on watery toner.  I've read a review how this was irritating to them, but I found this to be VERY mild and my skin has not experienced any breakouts since I have been using it - not even hormonal.

hyaluronic acid hydra power essence - a watery gel than I apply after the toner in the am and before my moisturizer.   This is so hydrating, yet it absorbs nicely into my skin. 

hyaluronic acid intensive cream - I was very scared of this product.  This was hyped for uber dry skin which I do not have.  However, I use it at night under my sleeping pack and it is so moist and hydrating - a little goes a long way. 

My face has been clear with no bumps for the last week.   I love that CosRX doesn't have that many ingredients in their products either

I am really pleased with these 3 products.  Very happy.  I have other products that once these are used up, I will have to review, but I have the feeling I will be back to purchase these again. 

I also love the AHA/BHA toner. I've never tried the equivalent Mizon toner so I can't compare them, but I think I'm just going to stick to Cosrx. I love this product so much that I plan on buying some of their other AHA and BHA products and replacing my current ones as they run out. 

On an enabling note...Jolse will have Cosrx as part of their Mother's Day sale on April 29th. If you aren't planning a huge haul, Jolse is a great option because the prices include shipping. RRS has cheaper prices on the products, but the shipping can ruin the deal. 

ETA: Probably a bad idea, but I actually spray it directly on my face with my eyes covered. I wish it came in a different bottle style. 

Edited by blinded
  • Like 2

I really like the Cosrx BHA Summer pore serum for blackheads. It's non irritating and seems to work well. My pores are not as prominent anymore.

• Like 1

I just discovered a new site over the weekend that is PERFECT for canadians!! I am located in burnaby BC, placed my order on Saturday night and the tracking shows that it'll be delivered tmrw! too bad i'll be at owrk when it is delivered but will come home to a nice little surprise :) Will post my haul tmrw.. I was also able to get the sum37 cleansing sticks that is seemingly sold out everywhere. 

i think they are quite new because i haven't seen them before but check it out, www.bisoubeautybar.com

This isn't Korean skin care but thought I would share since it's Japanese. I got a Hada Labo replenishing Hydrator in the latest BeautyTube. It's a New product by a Japanese brand and I've seen it advertised in magazines. I tried it on yesterday over my makeup (it says to apply it on a clean face or anytime over makeup) and I loved the result. It's very liquid so I padded it on the face and it instantly felt much better. My skin felt woken up. Kind of like Clarins Beauty Balm. I applied powder foundation on top and my skin looked flawless and poreless. Didn't expect this result. i'm going to try this again today and see if it's the same thing. The product has Hyaluronic Acid so it's plumps the skin which works perfectly with my fine lines that are no longer so fine. :D

hada labo replenishing Hydrator.JPG

• Like 2

I just discovered a new site over the weekend that is PERFECT for canadians!! I am located in burnaby BC, placed my order on Saturday night and the tracking shows that it'll be delivered tmrw! too bad i'll be at owrk when it is delivered but will come home to a nice little surprise :) Will post my haul tmrw.. I was also able to get the sum37 cleansing sticks that is seemingly sold out everywhere. 

i think they are quite new because i haven't seen them before but check it out, www.bisoubeautybar.com

I hope they expand the brands they carry. Right now there isn't enough to make me choose this shop over others because of the shipping costs. *shakes fist at Canada Post* If there was a large selection of items it might be worth it to pay for shipping but avoiding the exchange rate. 

Hado Labo (which is from Japan) is all the rage on reddit. I  mean all.the.rage. If you ask for a product recommendation for anything you can guarantee at least 15 people will very vocally say Hado Labo.

Being the "rebel" that I am, I refuse to try it because everyone else likes it. I may be missing out because of this.

• Like 2

Hado Labo (which is from Japan) is all the rage on reddit. I  mean all.the.rage. If you ask for a product recommendation for anything you can guarantee at least 15 people will very vocally say Hado Labo.

Being the "rebel" that I am, I refuse to try it because everyone else likes it. I may be missing out because of this.

haha

I love the packaging, however.  I am a sucker for blossoms on a twig

It's not a product I would have bought so I'm glad I got it to try. I forgot to use it this morning so I'm going to try it later over the BB cream I'm wearing and see if the results are the same as yesterday.

Just tried the Hada Laba replenishing hydrator again and same results as yesterday. I used it over a BB cream and then applied powder over and my skin looked so refreshed and smooth. It made my skin feel velvety. It absorbed into the skin and didn't feel like it was just sitting on my skin like primers sometimes do even though the end feeling was velvety kind of like how primers make my skin feel. This is definitely going into my rotation of products to use. Happy to stumble across it. 

• Like 1