MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

I just saw these Neogen Bio Peel pads on Soko Glam's website. Looks interesting. These are little exfoliating pads with lactic acid and wine. Retail $27. Thoughts?

neogen bio peel gauze.jpg

I just saw these Neogen Bio Peel pads on Soko Glam's website. Looks interesting. These are little exfoliating pads with lactic acid and wine. Retail $27. Thoughts?

Oh! Charlotte demonstrated these at her workshop in NYC KCON about 3 weeks ago and I like how these are exfoliating with the convenient pads with finger pockets! I definitely want to try but I feel like you are paying for the convenience of pre-soaked cottons and that lessens the amount of actual product. I have the Son & Park Beauty Water instead - and that's an exfoliating toner at a pH of 5 with loads more product that you can control the amount of toner on the pad. So yea, i think it's pricey and probably would not buy it unless it was on sale for around $20. 

• Like 1

omgerrddddd....  I was looking for secret key ingredients and JUST FOUND OUT that Secret Key has a GLOBAL shop now!!  Yeah!  Ingredients in ENGLISH too!

http://www.secretkeyen.com

Free shipping over $49.00

This is great.  I love Secret Key

OMG!!! It has a lot of Konglish on the site but much more user-friendly than trying to use Google translate! I see marked up prices though ;(

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Korean BB creams that work well that don't have dimethicone, parabens, or mineral oil in them? Or are those ingredients integral to BB cream? My favorites so far for results and color are Skin79 Super Plush Beblesh Balm Triple Funtions Hot Pink and Missha M Perfect Cover #21. I'm not obsessive about avoiding those ingredients, but it would be nice.

My suggestion is Etude House's BB cream, as they have great effect on the skin with nice colour. :)

Recently I discovered a great Korean product - Pore Covering Loose Powder by Shara Shara. Seriously, it's the most fine powder I've ever seen in my life! It gives a sheer, slightly fair coverage, looks 100% natural, covers the pores, diffuses the light and does not settle into the wrinkles at all. I've already shared my love for it on my blog in my recent review, but seems I can not stop spread the word about it  :)

I'd like also to try Asian pearl powder, I've heard so many good things about it. If by any chance someone knows a high quality Korean or Japanese pearl powder, please let me know ;)  
  • Like 1

Recently I discovered a great Korean product - Pore Covering Loose Powder by Shara Shara. Seriously, it's the most fine powder I've ever seen in my life! It gives a sheer, slightly fair coverage, looks 100% natural, covers the pores, diffuses the light and does not settle into the wrinkles at all. I've already shared my love for it on my blog in my recent review, but seems I can not stop spread the word about it  :)

I'd like also to try Asian pearl powder, I've heard so many good things about it. If by any chance someone knows a high quality Korean or Japanese pearl powder, please let me know ;)  

Chidoriya has a high quality pearl powder. Here is a link http://www.beautyhabit.com/product10758.html

• Like 1

A week ago my friend from Russia gave me acne cream called Xi Wei Shi, probably Chinese brand. It helps to fight my acne like a charm!!! I tried so many things before both cheap and expensive ones. But, I cannot find ingredient list on the tube (my friend gave me only tube without the box, maybe ingredients on the box).I am still a little bit skeptical about it. Have you guys heard about this cream? Xi-Fei-Shi-magical-pimple-remove-blackhe

Sephora seems to be driving kbeauty products more now and Birchbox has started to include some in their boxes/selection as well. I think it's nice to be able to shop for some kbeauty products while shopping for other things. What are your thoughts? Do you prefer to order kbeauty products from actual kbeauty sites or do you buy some from Sephora and/or Birchbox?

Soko Glam has a Korean skin care book coming out in November. If you pre-order now, you get a free gift with purchase. I just preordered it because I'm obsessed with books. :D Here is the link to the boook in case anyone is interested http://littlebookofskincare.com/

• Like 2

I wish someone who had been following this routine for years and is in her 60's or 70's would write a book!  I am not discounting these fine ladies who are writing books now, but they are young and believe me, even if you *think* you have wrinkles and skin issues outside of acne, you really do not see aging signs until your 40's and 50's.  

I would love to read a book by a woman who has followed this routine for decades and has the face to prove it.    This is not a slam against any author or blogger, but in general - even in western skin care, the models are young - I remember back in the 1980's, companies actually had people like Lauren Hutton, who was older then, as their spokesperson for their skincare.

• Like 5

Soko Glam has a Korean skin care book coming out in November. If you pre-order now, you get a free gift with purchase. I just preordered it because I'm obsessed with books. :D Here is the link to the boook in case anyone is interested http://littlebookofskincare.com/

Thanks Reija! I pre-ordered as well. I love books and am new to K Beauty so look forward to reading more on the subject. And hey the free gift is nice too! 

• Like 1

I feel like Refinery always posts articles about Korean beauty products but I never know how true they can be because of all the PR articles they constantly post. Thank goodness for you guys letting me know what lines and products you like. I've been skeptical but it's crazy that Businessweek also started talking about Korean beauty ingredients! http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-15/sales-jump-for-korean-skin-care-lines-with-exotic-ingredients It also discusses the vitamins in each ingredient and why they are good to use daily which I find to be a bit more helpful understanding why it's good than just the 'it's a miracle product' beauty blogger always describe it as. 

Has anyone had any issues with these types of ingredients being too harsh/heavy on their skin? I have acne prone skin and anything too heavy is not a friend of mine. Thanks!

• Like 1

I have a sensitive skin and I haven't had any problems with the products/ingredients. I just can't believe how more effective they are than the main stream products. I'm not as experienced user though, I'm still learning but so far so good. :)  Hope others can comment too who have more experience with Korean skin care.

I got the Sokoglam book preorder gift today. It was 4 masks. I thought it was a nice gift. I look forward to reading the book.

sokoglam masks.jpg

• Like 2

I got the Sokoglam book preorder gift today. It was 4 masks. I thought it was a nice gift. I look forward to reading the book.

attachicon.gifsokoglam masks.jpg

Ooh.. I didn't know they were providing pre-orders for the book. .-. I should have ordered one when I had the chance too. I've had my eye on the My little pet Eye patch. The packaging for it is so cute! I wonder if they are really effective compared to some under eye patches that are out.

@xosakura  best ever eye patch that I have found are The Face Shop Raspberry Line & Lift Collagen Eye PatchI really love these little hydrogels ~ I received them in my Spa Retreat Memebox and I have been buying them like they are going out of fashion! These are hydrogels that I keep on until all of the gel is absorbed into my undereye area. I swear, that area looks tighter and firmer with these guys. You do have to place them so the mesh side is facing outwards. You want the gel to sit directly on your skin.  The fine lines/tighten and lift are temporary – a day or so. As far as moisturizing ~ I actually went all science and used my patches and did a before & after skin analyzer test

• Before eye patch 22% oil/49.1% water.  I wore the patches for 40 minutes (you need to wait until all of the gel is absorbed – this patch is so satisfying because you can actually see that the gel has been absorbed into your skin!)
  • After treatment: 26.8% oil/59.8% water!!  If I remember my algebra correctly (and math is not my strong subject) that is over almost a 22% increase in moisture!

I get mine in bulk from Rose Rose Shop!  Haha - but they do sell them in onesies too.

@@biancardi oooh those sounds really good! i wonder if they sell them in the face shop boutiques. i need to go in to swatch some bbcreams and stock up on face masks.

if not i'll probably order in bulk online. I usually order most of my stuff through jolse. I've heard really good things about rose rose shop.

MisshaUS is having a 40% off EVERYTHING sale... I bought... a Lot. And I highly recommend the Time Revolution Clear Toner.

• Like 2

MisshaUS is having a 40% off EVERYTHING sale... I bought... a Lot. And I highly recommend the Time Revolution Clear Toner.

I got a good size sample size of the Time Revolution Clear toner and it's great. I use it with the First treatment essence and love the results. I'm so impressed with this line.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount!! I'll have to check it out.

• Like 1

Beauteque is also offering up to 30% off their bag sub and Mask Maven.  I'm a sucker for masks so of course I subbed!

• Like 1