How to lose unwanted pounds. Please give me advice.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from me. For several years, I have a problem with overweight and can't find a solution to this problem. Please give me advice what to do! Thank you in advance

There are no fast, permanent solutions. Pills and additives like Sensa are potentially dangerous, and if you do lose weight on them it will come back and bring more weight with it. Many people have had success joining Weight Watchers; while it is personally not for me, one can have success in that setting. I don't trust programs such as Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig because there expensive and many people I know gained back after going off the special food. The only "diets" which work in the long run are the Mediterranean Diet, and a meal plan based on the guidelines of either the American Diabetes Association or American Heart Association. It is not about self-denial but a conscious effort to control portions and ingredients. And of course exercise, and above all patience!

Eat healthier food and work out at least 3 times a week. Don't go more than 2 days without working out. I do insanity and I use the teambeachbody website and it helps me stay focused on workouts since you can plan them ahead of time. Once you workout your heart rate will be up and it will help you burn calories. Also don't drink your calories, like soda or whatever. It sucks but once you see your body changing you'll want to keep going.

Please don't use any pills as they incur some side effects. If you are taking any oily & junk food, avoid them. I do cardio everyday along with diet. I have recently gone through paleo diet. It's really good and I lost upto 2 kgs.

Last edited by a moderator:
wisterExerciseToReduceBellyFat-vi.jpg

Try this twister exercise a minute everyday for loosing weight You can see other exercises here

Everyone tries to find a quick fix to weight loss.  It is of course possible to lose weight fast with crazy diets, diet pills, or worse. However, the chances of you keeping it off are slim to none. More than likely you wont be able to keep up with such an extreme habit and the weight will come back on and you may even add to it. Make healthier eating choices and eat smaller portions. Combine this with exercise and it's fool proof. Try out apps like My Fitness Pal. They are great for staying on track.

I just started losing weight myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PsM8VPeViI&list=UUi3pbEX6moD2cT4Y15qxFkg

I agree that the basic premise behind losing weight is not something that just comes ‘easy’ and we certainly cannot expect someone else to do it for us. It means eating less calories than we are going to need on a daily basis.

What helped for me was counting calories. Not only does make you actively aware of what you are eating, but it also helps you set up a foundation for healthy eating later on.

I agree with Femia,

Consume fewer calories than you burn. There is never an easy way to losing weight, and keeping it off. If you're already on the right path, and need that little extra push, you can rely on radio frequency technology to help you melt away any fat cells and excrete them through your body's natural cleansing ability. This isn't any easy way out, though. You still need to work hard. It's just an assisting aid. 

*Edited to remove commercial advertising link by KellyKaye per our TOS*

I agree with Femia,

Consume fewer calories than you burn. There is never an easy way to losing weight, and keeping it off. If you're already on the right path, and need that little extra push, you can rely on radio frequency technology to help you melt away any fat cells and excrete them through your body's natural cleansing ability. This isn't any easy way out, though. You still need to work hard. It's just an assisting aid. 

*Edited to remove commercial advertising link by KellyKaye per our TOS*
Also you wanna make sure that you should have a cheat day! So you don't screw up your metabolism and get your body too used to eating little calories all the time. Protein is the key! and if you're going to eat sugar .., avoid corn starch or syrup. Thats the worst thing to put into your body! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I agree with Bflopolska that there are no quick solutions.  Eating right and exercise is the only way to truely lose unwanted weight.  I use the Beachbody Blog to find new recipes and they always have posts about the trainers and new programs that they are releasing,  It's a great place to get all the information I need in one spot.  I hope this helps.

Hello from me. For several years, I have a problem with overweight and can't find a solution to this problem. Please give me advice what to do! Thank you in advance
Hi from me,

You can try a weight loss product reductan . I used this product. For 50 days I lost 8 kg. A good result for me!

All the best

Know your triggers.  If you're an emotional eater, have a sweet-tooth, etc do what you can to avoid falling (back) into unhealthy patterns.  Clean out your fridge, freezer and cabinets and replace (tempting) unhealthy foods/drinks with healthier options.

And don't assume that when something says 'Fat Free' that it is healthy (many companies just do this as a marketing scam, and the ingredients they are replacing the fat with can actually be just as unhealthy.)

Similarly with foods that say 'Sugar-free' (they are simply replacing sugar with a chemical substitute, and are often still full of starch/carbohydrates... which your body can eventually convert and store into fat anyway).

Pay attention to nutrition labels and ingredients on all food.  The first three ingredients listed on a product are what the product is made most out of of...  If sugar, salt, refined grains or saturated fats are listed (within the first few ingredients), don't eat it.

Sugar goes by many (many) names, so look out for any of these...:

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Other-Names-Sugar-Appear-Labels-810571

Also look out for unnecessary sugar and sodium in soda, smoothies juices and energy drinks.

As a rule of thumb, fresher is better.  So anything that can sit on a shelf for months at a time is typically full of preservatives and not good for your body.

So-called 'health' foods labeled 'Multi-grain' are also not really good for losing weight.  WHOLE grains are what you want to look for.

Avoid foods and drinks high in sodium, as these can cause your body to retain water (i.e. 'water weight).  Reducing (or cutting these out of) your diet can also help you quickly shed a few pounds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/bloating-foods-eat-gas-abdominal-discomfort_n_3320124.html

Do not think that all 'fat' is unhealthy however.  Your body (especially skin, hair and heart) needs healthy fats to function.  ( these can be found in fish, olive oil, and almonds just to name a few)

Include more water and green tea daily (eliminate soda entirely if you can.  it has no nutritional value and will not help you lose weight).

Add a squeeze of lemon or ginger, and try to drink 5-6 glasses a day

( I personally brush my teeth as soon as I wake up, followed by two glasses of warm water, with a spoonful of ginger and tumeric, followed by a cup or two of green tea.)

Don't skip breakfast.  (when you skimp on meals or try to starve yourself, your body's metabolism plummets and your body tries to hang on to every calorie it can).

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Healthy-Breakfast-Ideas-You-Can-Make-Night-Before-20048633#photo-20048633

And in general, it is wise to plan meals ahead.  This way (when you are hungry), you will already have healthy option(s) prepared and won't be tempted to grab something unhealthy instead.

If you eat meat, always opt for lean protein (like chicken and turkey) that is also organic (no chemicals or hormones) and *skinless*. 

If you like pasta, switch out reg pasta noodles for cucumber or zucchini noodles instead.

Flavor your meals with spices, citrus juices, marinades and viniagrettes (instead of butter, dips, creams and sauces).

http://www.spicesinc.com/t-salt-free-seasonings.aspx

http://lowsodiumgourmet.com/browse-recipes/

http://www.cookinglight.com/healthy-living/healthy-habits/lower-sodium-condiment-recipes/lower-sodium-salad-dressing

Cookbooks I recommend...

The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out The Complete Vegetable Cookbook: Easy, Delicious Recipes for More Than 200 Vegetable Side Dishes

Lastly, mind your portion size.  (your plate should look like this)

https://blogthoughtforfood.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/platefoodportions.png

These (below) are foods/snacks you can feel free to munch on anytime, however, as they are negative calorie foods.

http://bembu.com/zero-calorie-foods

Keep in mind *any* diet is more effective when paired with regular exercise

Weight loss should be gradual.  When paired with exercise (esp weight resistance & cardio), your body's natural metabolism can be elevated, so you will continue to burn calories even after you've finished your workout.  Find a routine that works into your schedule and is something you can stick to.

Remember to keep what you eat (and your exercise regimen) BALANCED.  (Your body needs fuel to function!)  And always stay hydrated.  (the more you exercise, the more fluid your body loses, so re-fuel with water, green tea and plain coconut water).

Make your daily choices sensible, and don't compare yourself (your weight, or your body) to anyone else's.  Everyone is different.  You have to find the best balance that works for you.

The battle in which people fight against belly fat and extra weight seem more difficult because it requires your patience and your determination. 

Doing exercise, eating healthy and noting calories you take on one paper. The healthy diet plays the important role if you want to get rid of belly fat. Which foods you need to eat and which foods you should avoid are the necessary things that you should not ignore.

I've already used reductan. Honestly, this is a good product for 6 weeks and I've lost 7 pounds! This is a great success for me.

Latest posts

Back