Eyeliner that does not smudge?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have Bare Minerals around the clock eyeliner (gel),

and it always smudges..

I don't think putting eye primer would make it a lot better..

Could you please recommend some eyeliners that does not smudge?

(It is okay if it is liquid)

Thanks!

I like using Maybelline New York Master Precise liquid eyeliner. It last longer and it doesn't smudge. I also put liquid foundation and powder around my eyes first before apply the eyeliner so that it helps keep it in place throughout the day. I hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I always have problems with eyeliner smudging because I have oily eye lids it's such a pain. I actually use the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl eye liner. It's smooth, creamy, pigmented and it doesn't smudge. You can get it at the drugstore for a couple bucks. I hope it helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ellie xo. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like ELF liquid liner.  I don't usually use gel liners. My favorite eyeliner is by far Nars Larger than life Long-Wear. This stuff is amazing. It will literally stay in my waterline all day. I love it.

I like Jordana eyeliner pencil. It doesn't last well in the waterline for me, but it doesn't smudge on my eyes. I also love Essence gel eyeliner in "Midnight in Paris".

Any suggestions for in the waterline specifically? I have extremely watery eyes and nothing has ever stayed on longer than an hour or so. I am pretty desperate. I will try anything as long as it can give a good long wear in my watery waterline!

I've learned, what works with me, is after I apply my foundation and powder is to take an eye shadow brush and dip it in my powder and apply to my eye. I do this to the top and bottom and it will usually hold it in place. Although I usually smudge the bottom. I like ELF cream liner that comes in a pot, it's cheap and seems to stay put all day!

It's drugstore, but with how oily my lids are and watery my eyes are, not much stays on.

But the Physicians Formula Eye Boosting Felt Tip one gives me a hard time with removal.

I agree that it helps to set liners with a matching shadow.

But, the Sumita liner I got from Birchbox is pretty much bulletproof once it sets! I only have the black, but they make fun colors, too.

I agree that it helps to set liners with a matching shadow.

But, the Sumita liner I got from Birchbox is pretty much bulletproof once it sets! I only have the black, but they make fun colors, too.
I definitely recommend Sumita. I got the black 1 when Birchbox 1st sent it out last year, traded for a purple, then bought the set with the 4 mini liners. Now I have 2 black, 3 purple, a blue, and a grey. I got a purple again from Birchbox in March or April. Sumita is the only brand that stays on my waterline. They're hard to remove, though, even with waterproof makeup remover.

I always have this problem!! Thanks for starting this thread, now I have loads of lovely answers!!

The Kat Von D tattoo liner works the best for me! Doesn't smudge at all one it dries! (Dries I'm like 20 seconds)

I have Bare Minerals around the clock eyeliner (gel),

and it always smudges..

I don't think putting eye primer would make it a lot better..

Could you please recommend some eyeliners that does not smudge?

(It is okay if it is liquid)

Thanks!
For liquid, there is a CHEAP brand of eyeliner and it will NOT come off once set. My mother and I have oily eyelids and have tried almost every eyeliner under the sun. Pencil and gel will smudge if even  little. 

For liquid try Italia Deluxe waterproof eyeliner  http://www.wholesaledavinci.com/images/D/M10CT-230311.jpg

As far as pencil, the ones that have worked for me are the MAC Pro Longwear in Difendly Black. Go into the store and try it first prior to purchashing. The other one is Maybelline Master Drama khol liner

Any suggestions for in the waterline specifically? I have extremely watery eyes and nothing has ever stayed on longer than an hour or so. I am pretty desperate. I will try anything as long as it can give a good long wear in my watery waterline!
The two pencil liners mentioned above are what have sort of worked for me. Not 100% smudge proof BUT they have worked better than others without leaving me with raccoon eyes.

It's drugstore, but with how oily my lids are and watery my eyes are, not much stays on.

But the Physicians Formula Eye Boosting Felt Tip one gives me a hard time with removal.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try and get it later this evening  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

L'oreal voluminous smoldering eyeliner works for me. It doesn't smudge, it's black enough. but it doesn't last that long. but it's good enough for me!!

I know what you mean. Some gels do smudge. But since I started using Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner I seem to have gotten rid of this smudging problem.

(Edited to remove broken link-magicalmom)

Last edited by a moderator:
Makeup Forever's Aqua Black doesn't smudge at all, it's a gel formula and it lasts all day. It's a bit pricy but very worth the price, and the pot lasts forever. For an eyeliner that doesn't smudge for the water line, the best one I would say is the Sephora brand's waterproof eyeliner pencil. 

Waterproof eyeliners don't smudge and last longer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Which ones? I've tried Urban Decay 24/7, Rimmel London twist-up khols, bought some Physician's Formula specifically because they said waterproof, even Vasanti Kajal doesn't work. I don't buy eyeliners that don't say they're waterproof. None of them work, except Sumita brand.

Latest posts

Back