• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Conversations in the Sephora thread kept veering towards Ulta, so I thought I'd start a dedicated thread. To start us off, what have you gotten (or what are you planning to get) with your 20% off coupon? Also, did your coupon say 10% or 20%? I got an email and postcard, and they both said 20% with very few restrictions. I am NOT Platinum.

I'm thinking of the Too Faced a la Mode palette, but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for some GWPs or a bonus points event. I feel like all the current GWPs have sold out.

I am still hoping I get a coupon in the mail...
eusa_pray.gif
I am not Platinum either, but will hit it with the purchase I have planned. I really want the Tria, and the chance to get it at 20% off is too good to pass up. I will probably throw the Stila in the Light pallet in for good measure. To top it off, it's my birthday month so double points!

If anyone is not planning to use their coupon code, this is my shameless plea...I will put it to good use, so please pass it along and PM me.

I just placed my 20% off order on Ulta.com... Just a btw, I am a platinum rewards member, not sure if that impacts whether I got the 20% off coupon. I'm actually a little mad at myself that I HAD to get the Too Faced bronzer palette like a week ago because I got so excited about it. Anyhow, I got the Naked 3 palette....I wasn't going to buy into the hype, but I love pink toned neutrals!! I also got the Macadamia Natural Oil Hair Mask, Seche Vite,Tree Hut body scrub, It cosmetics concealer, Eos lip balms and the Urban Decay gift with purchases for the day. I really hope that I like the UD palette, I've not hopped on this band wagon yet, and. I hope the quality of the shadows is good. I am so excited about the concealer, I hope it works out because the NARS concealer I normally go with is out of stock in my color everywhere. I have to say that I don't love shopping in store at my nearest Ulta....I don't think my store is kept up that well and I feel like I have to check each thing to be sure it hasn't been used. I do prefer to shop for beauty in person, and that Ulta's point rewards will keep me coming back. I'm not thrilled that they increased the amount that I need to spend in order to become platinum again, without seeming to add additional perks.

Someone mentioned that their postcard and emails were different codes. I'll definitely share whatever codes I don't use. MUT has shown me so many great deals, I owe it to the community!
Omg, I didn't even realize this!!! Mine are definitely different codes as well.

I'm finally going to cash in 2000 points, really excited over here! I'll be getting two Tarte blushes (Exposed and Natural Beauty), the UD loose powder, and the Laura Geller lip crayon set. I think I'll wait until next week, hopefully there will be more GWPs after the 21 days of beauty are over. I still need some more to round out my total, though.

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I have to say that I don't love shopping in store at my nearest Ulta....I don't think my store is kept up that well and I feel like I have to check each thing to be sure it hasn't been used. I do prefer to shop for beauty in person, and that Ulta's point rewards will keep me coming back. I'm not thrilled that they increased the amount that I need to spend in order to become platinum again, without seeming to add additional perks.
I don't like shopping my local Ulta, either, for the same reasons. It's a huge place but it looks terrible - they're always out of EVERYTHING and tons of products have been tested already by disrespectful customers. I'm Platinum, but I buy it all online. I do like the points program and think it's more rewarding than Sephora's VIB deal. Not sure if I'll use the 20% code I got.

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm finally going to cash in 2000 points, really excited over here! I'll be getting two Tarte blushes (Exposed and Natural Beauty), the UD loose powder, and the Laura Geller lip crayon set. I think I'll wait until next week, hopefully there will be more GWPs after the 21 days of beauty are over. I still need some more to round out my total, though.

I'm also saving my purchases for next week, hopefully some GWP come out.  I called to my local Ultas and they're all out of the GWP I wanted, and the color foundation I need is out of stock online anyway. 

I am getting close to 1000 points and I was considering using them then. Not sure I will have the patience to wait until I hit $2000! But I've only been shopping at Ulta for about a year. Hmmm...worth the wait for an extra $25 off?

Ulta discussion. YAY!! I usually lurk and post every now and again but I wanted to be subscribed. I am getting to a point that idk what to buy any more. So being that April is my bday month I said I would give myself a $50 limit for sephora ulta and julep. Thankfully al three had promos going. My ulta buy was for a pore minimizer (Skyn Iceland brand) which took up $35 of the $50 and the rest was extra...2 automatic eyeliners from ulta brand in tropics and primrose. If anyone watches kim of queens on life time I am on the hunt for her blue eyeliner and I am hoping the tropics isn't too light. I got the Mia bun ease I've wanted to try this because of the fact that it holds your hair in while you make the bun and since my hair is so long and soft it tends to fall all over when I try with the regular donut. I'm on a lotion kick specifically lemon or citrus scents so I picked up the Crabtree and Evelyn citron set that had a GWP. Lastly I picked up a jack black lip balm for hubby since this was the cheapest item and the GWP said with any purchase. Kind of bummed that I have to go to ulta to pick up my bday gift and can I just say ulta shipping makes me nuts. My sephora came the very next day. I won't get my ulta until the end of the week. PA just got the rewards point system so my points are nothing yet.

@LinaMingo I signed up in Pittsburgh and just got the new rewards system too!  Honestly I never shopped much at Ulta on the old system but I have much more incentive to shop there now, especially for the GWP.  Sephora's promo codes recently have been a joke. 

I'm platinum and haven't received the discount coupon yet, by email nor snailmail.. Anyone else feeling left out too?

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am getting close to 1000 points and I was considering using them then. Not sure I will have the patience to wait until I hit $2000! But I've only been shopping at Ulta for about a year. Hmmm...worth the wait for an extra $25 off?
1000 points gives you $50 off and 2000 points give you $125 off, so it's a $75 difference. I think I spent $700 at Ulta last year, and between all the 3x events, it put my balance over 2000. I don't think this is still happening, but there was a glitch in the online system last year that counted freebies (GWPs, the free items in B1G1 offers, etc) at their "price", so I had extra points from those, too. I tend to be a points hoarder (my Sephora points are embarrassing), but I love it when I can make a big order for free.

1000 points gives you $50 off and 2000 points give you $125 off, so it's a $75 difference. I think I spent $700 at Ulta last year, and between all the 3x events, it put my balance over 2000. I don't think this is still happening, but there was a glitch in the online system last year that counted freebies (GWPs, the free items in B1G1 offers, etc) at their "price", so I had extra points from those, too. I tend to be a points hoarder (my Sephora points are embarrassing), but I love it when I can make a big order for free.
Well the difference between using 1000 points now and 1000 points when I earn them again vs 2000 points at once is $25. That's what I was talking about. I need to try to control myself and spend my money during the 3x points perks and during the 20% off times combined with GWP. Sometimes I get so excited right when something comes out that I lose my mind on shopping strategy. About the Differences in Ulta's points policies, I think now that they've made their rewards the same at all locations those types of errors in your favor probably won't happen...too bad!! I like to hoard my points too in case there is a perk that I really really want.

I'm so glad someone started this thread!! I am an unrepentant Ulta fanatic--between the points and the frequent 20% off coupons, I have no problem giving them most of my beauty budget money. All of the offers I've received from them have been 20% off everything--never gotten one of the 10% off prestige ones. This time I got the new UD beauty balm in Light, Revolution lipstick in Fiend, (thus netting me the free mini primer and lipgloss) and a couple of the new Pacifica hand creams. My emailed code is still working, so I'm considering placing another order, especially since it's my birthday month so double points. As usual there's a few things that didn't occur to me until shortly after I hit "submit".

My BFF was nice enough to give me her extra code so I'm going to get purity made simple face wash and some batiste dry shampooo. I want to try the it cosmetics cc cream but I *think* it's cheaper on their website with now. Maybe pickup a porefessional to hit $50 for free shipping.

I went to my local Ulta today and it was a disaster. I had a list of things to get. I wound up with one thing on my list.

I wanted a Tarte kit- they had one left, and it was dusty and looked like someone had already opened the box.

The sugar body scrubs were all leaking all over the place. I found some clean ones, but when I went to check out, they rang up full price. They still had the 2 for $14 signs all over the place, but wouldn't honor them. How was I supposed to know that the sale ended if they still have the signs up?

And the sales associates were giving people weird non-advice. (Customer: "Which of these NYX lipsticks lasts the longest?" SA: "Oh, I dunno. All of them. I like the pink one.")

All in all, I think I will buy online from now on. I usually find shopping fun, but I just wanted to get on out of there.

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Come on, Ulta, why haven't you loaded your circular online yet?
This is killing me!  I have a cart full of stuff on their site but I don't want to purchase until they post some deals.  I should get a Stila and an UD GWP so it would be bomb if they would update these things. 

I stopped tanning in a tanning bed in December and my beloved Revlon Colorstay finally became too dark for me in the past week or so.  I've wanted to try Tarte's foundation forever so I dragged my boyfriend with me to Ulta today, and he helped me pick a shade.  Definitely not what I would have ordered online, so I'm thankful I live close enough to an Ulta that I can swatch in store. 

Latest posts

Back