Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush: Blushing Bride shade change?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So, I don't know how many of you have noticed that the 12-hr Amazonian Clay Blushes' packaging has changed, but that's not all that may have changed.

I'm concerned because I just bought two of my first individually-packaged blushes from Tarte and one of them is significantly different from the tester.

I'm talking about 'Blushing Bride'.

The original version was described as a 'plummy rose'  or an 'iridescent rose' but now is described as a 'rosy pink'.

In store, the testers have all been the original packaging, and they are the darker plummy rose with golden shimmer/sparkle. The blush I bought is in the newer packaging, and is matte and a lighter color. I'm so sad! Does this mean I can't buy the original shade? Does it mean I accidentally got an error where a different color was placed into a 'blushing bride' compact?

Anyone have the new packaging version of this?

Take a look.

Old packaging (below)

New packaging (below)

Old close-up (below)

See the shimmer?

New close-up (below)

Completely matte-- no shimmer anywhere!

This saddens me! I hope to return it and find it somewhere else with the original packaging and color.

I wonder if this happened to the other shades of blush as well?

That makes me so sad to see! I love the old blushing bride blush and I currently wear it on a daily basis, I don't want the replacement to be matte!

I don't have a new packaging version of this, but I did a comparison for Tarte's blush in Flush. I immediately noticed the new packaging flush was different, but when I reached out to Tarte, they said the old one & new one are exactly the same shade.. which I have NO idea what they mean by that because it's totally different. Here was my comparison from a few months back:

Eugh, this is really annoying. Why couldn't they just rename them or something?

Don't make the mistake I did- I went to Ulta to see if they had any of the older ones in stock, and happily I found one in the old packaging. I happily purchased, and when I got home to take comparison shots for you guys.... I noticed that the old package had the new, matte version. EUGH!!!

I might just have to reach out to Ebay for the old, glittery version. It's not just the glitter, it's the depth and hue of the color. EUGH!!!!

I'm really angsty for some reason!

Here are the shots that show you don't blindly follow the package:

L: Old packaging R: New packaging

L: Old packaging R: New Packaging

L: APPARENTLY NOT OLD ENOUGH packaging     R: New packaging

Close-up L: Old pack   R: New pack. It looks like they are different, but it's kind of hard to tell.... still neither is the original version which is darker, plummier, and sparkly.

Swatch wrist!!! The original Blushing Bride is the darkest one there, the third shade down my wrist, with the little sparkles showing. The pinkier swatch to the right of that is the new version of 'Blushing Bride' which I opened and swatched to show you how different they look side-by-side.

This is bull! I think the original version looks better on me.... I'm going to find you!

And Tarte- you're on my naughty list!

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't have a new packaging version of this, but I did a comparison for Tarte's blush in Flush. I immediately noticed the new packaging flush was different, but when I reached out to Tarte, they said the old one & new one are exactly the same shade.. which I have NO idea what they mean by that because it's totally different. Here was my comparison from a few months back:

And you're totally right- those colors are COMPLETELY different. They couldn't be MORE different, to be honest, unless one was chuck full of sparkles. That is really irritating. Why does Tarte act like nothing is different? First with their stain packaging (going from 1 oz to 0.5 oz for the same price) and now this?

I don't even know if it's the same formula anymore- it almost seems harder to get on a brush. It seems pressed really hard, unlike the originals.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Eugh, this is really annoying. Why couldn't they just rename them or something?

Don't make the mistake I did- I went to Ulta to see if they had any of the older ones in stock, and happily I found one in the old packaging. I happily purchased, and when I got home to take comparison shots for you guys.... I noticed that the old package had the new, matte version. EUGH!!!

I might just have to reach out to Ebay for the old, glittery version. It's not just the glitter, it's the depth and hue of the color. EUGH!!!!

I'm really angsty for some reason!

Here are the shots that show you don't blindly follow the package:

L: Old packaging R: New packaging

L: Old packaging R: New Packaging

L: APPARENTLY NOT OLD ENOUGH packaging     R: New packaging

Close-up L: Old pack   R: New pack. It looks like they are different, but it's kind of hard to tell.... still neither is the original version which is darker, plummier, and sparkly.

Swatch wrist!!! The original Blushing Bride is the darkest one there, the third shade down my wrist, with the little sparkles showing. The pinkier swatch to the right of that is the new version of 'Blushing Bride' which I opened and swatched to show you how different they look side-by-side.

This is bull! I think the original version looks better on me.... I'm going to find you!

And Tarte- you're on my naughty list!
Aww, I guess they changed the shades in the original packaging within the last few months too, which is probably why they're claiming it's the same, but I agree it's nothing like the real Blushing Bride. I have it and mine is packed with shimmer.

All those are completely different! Why is Tarte acting like they aren't! So bizarre. I would be really irritated as well if it was a HG item of mine. 

This sucks...especially because one of the reasons I love tarte's blushes was their consistency throughout the line up until now. :C

though I have to say, @eastofthesun, your old blushing bride looks a lot more like tarte exposed. 

Wait, What????  I have been putting off replacing my Blushing Bride while I finished up some other blushes.  Now I'm wishing I had just bought a new sparkly one when I had the chance.  Not cool, Tarte, not cool.

I also really liked the old Flush, have it in the stain and have always wanted the powder version.  But judging by @xlisaa's comparison the new one isn't nearly as pretty or pigmented.

See if perhaps you can get it from your near ultas, who must still have some stock of the old ones!

or worst case, amazon.

I am completely baffled by the comparison's on those blushes...they look NOTHING alike! I hope this doesn't happen to my Blissful blush! I'm about to buy another one soon. 

Am I also the only one who hates the new packaging? it's so plain and boring...part of tarte's charm was the whimsical packaging. 

I just saw this, and I'm really upset! Blushing Bride was among the first Tarte blushes I ever tried, and it's my favourite. 
Honestly, the first thing that comes to my mind is that we should all protest!!!
Hasn't the company ever heard that if it isn't broke, don't fix it?!

That's so strange! Why didn't they just expand the line and repackage the containers? Personally I like the new packaging better, it looks a bit more high end and grown up. But completely changing the shades??? I'm just glad that I have the 2 that I wanted and didn't really want any of the others before the change.

Back