looking for a new shampoo & conditioner - free of SLS, parabens, and the like...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have naturally straight, colour-treated hair, medium thickness and I am looking for shampoo, conditioner and hair styling products free of SLS, parabens, and other toxic chemicals.  Which ones have you tried and how did they work out for you?  Which ones interest you? thx! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have naturally straight, colour-treated hair, medium thickness and I am looking for shampoo, conditioner and hair styling products free of SLS, parabens, and other toxic chemicals.  Which ones have you tried and how did they work out for you?  Which ones interest you? thx! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Try mine, if you look on their website http://www.pro-naturals.com/ you can look through all the ingredients used in their shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and Moroccan Argan Oil.   My hair is old, 60+ but most of my friends now compliment me and say that it looks 100 times better now than it did 4 months ago.   I hope it works for you as well.

I would recommend all and any of Lush shampoos, conditioners and hair treatments. I chose them initially because they are all natural ingredients and because they don't test on animals. However, when I have used their hair treatments shampoos and conditioners my hair has been the best ever! Its growing quicker and looks shinier!

They have quite a few treatments so have a browse through all of them and see which is best for you.

Nat xo

Have you tried this Japanese brand Shiseido Tsubaki Shining Shampoo and conditioner or there damage care set? This shampoo conditioner combo has changed my hair so much. My hair feels lighter and very soft. Oh and my hair is definitely shiner! I get compliments about how shiny it is. This product just makes my hair look and feel so healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alterna makes wonderful (albeit pricey) products that fit the bill. My hair went from dry and damaged to glossy and silky after using the Alterna Caviar line for a few months.
^This^ I definitely agree! :) I use to bleach my hair (which caused it to dry out) and Alterna Caviar shampoo/conditioner has brought my hair back to life. It is pricey ($70 w/tax) but well worth every penny. Another shampoo and conditioner worth trying, would be Alba Botanica ($23 w/tax). Not only is it affordable, but it also leaves my hair soft and shiny. Best of all, both brands are cruelty-free.  :wub:

!3.jpg

!4.jpg

^This^ I definitely agree! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use to bleach my hair (which caused it to dry out) and Alterna Caviar shampoo/conditioner has brought my hair back to life. It is pricey ($70 w/tax) but well worth every penny. Another shampoo and conditioner worth trying, would be Alba Botanica ($23 w/tax). Not only is it affordable, but it also leaves my hair soft and shiny. Best of all, both brands are cruelty-free.  :wub:
Every now and then, you'll find Alterna on a flash sale site. I got the shampoo plus a flatiron spray mini for about $19 a bottle through one of those, so I stocked up. I usually pay $32 retail at Ulta, though you can usually find a $3.50 off coupon on their site. 

Also, Sephora had a $10 sampler of the shampoo and conditioner (2oz bottles) for $10 in a little pouch, and those bottles are enough for about a month, even if you wash every day. (Well, unless you have really long hair. My hair is about to my collarbones and really, really thick, and I only use a dollop the size of a quarter.) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Lush products, including shampoos and conditioners. They have different types and you can have fun also to try them all  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use L'Oreal shampoo, hair conditioner and hair treatment. The price is affordable and it's a very effective product to use. 

Latest posts

Back