latest fashion trend

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a lot of retro shops in our area which have opened recently.  South UK.  People are loving to wear old 1950-1970 clothing.

You wear 50's clothing and accessories (from vintage shops), and wear 50's hair and make-up styles. Lots of references on the internet on how to do that. I've worked on a few film productions that were set in the 50's. The hair is a-bit-of-a-challenge, but the payoff is huge when done right. I've seen a few women around Toronto in full-on 50's attire, that they look like they stepped through a time machine.

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You wear 50's clothing and accessories (from vintage shops), and wear 50's hair and make-up styles. Lots of references on the internet on how to do that.

I've worked on a few film productions that were set in the 50's. The hair is a-bit-of-a-challenge, but the payoff is huge when done right.

I've seen a few women around Toronto in full-on 50's attire, that they look like they stepped through a time machine.
thank you for your detailed answer.

Quote: Originally Posted by preety489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think that the climate is suitable to wear some stylish spring.
this is one factor of that.

Crop tops are huge right now. I personally can't stand to wear anything that's too revealing, but with that being said, there are still many ways to rock a crop top tastefully.

Also, I've noticed that leather leggings have been very on-trend. Usually best paired with a baggy printed shirt. This fad is sure to die out soon, though, now that it's spring and it'll likely be too warm to wear them.

Quote: Originally Posted by SofiaGambino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Crop tops and high waisted pants and shorts which makes the top pointless. Lol.
haha you wear those?

Quote: Originally Posted by SofiaGambino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nope. Lol. I never did like them much
then what did you wear?

Quote: Originally Posted by marie4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  then what did you wear?
Long colorful skirts and bright tops. Basically what most girly teens wear. Just longer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> With a hijab obviously. Lol

1. White

2. Sporty

3. Kimono Cardigan

4. Boho Crochet Dress

5. Flats

With the street style, white is big. White and "net-ty" jersey sport type clothing, if that makes sense. Even trend setters leave the house with a sports bra (covered with a jacket of course) A favorite is Dani Song who styles like this frequently.

Kimono cardigans appeal to people who want to leave the house with a tank but not want to show too much. Usually chiffon material & comes in a variety of designs.Effortless but still well put. Can be paired with distressed boyfriend jeans.

With boho style, a cream vintage crochet long sleeve midi dress. Very detailed, very Coachella like. Can be paired with combat boots, chic sandals or a simple open toed strap heel.

I read in a magazine that fashion trends has put too much height and focus on heels, that flats are more in. Runways feature flats (d'orsay style) to their look. I'm still fond of the gladiator flats in good taste. Can be seen with a midi skirt or cropped trousers for work, yes work.

Of course, lace and florals are blooming for the spring/summer. 

Just remember this post was from a 22 year old if you think my taste was crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have the various trends and styles by watching the different catwalk collections. keep on watching the latest fashion channels from where you can able to get the knowledge on the latest trends.  

Nowadays, Fashion becomes whatever Kim K wears. 

On a serious note, you've got to carry apt accessories as well. Only the clothes are diminishing, got to carry suitable belts, bags, heels, etc for instance.

Back