nikkimouse

Rainbow Honey Mystery Box

I ordered April's mystery box.  I'm thinking of subscribing.  any one else get these boxes?  I think may is the first month that it will actually be a subscription.  for $10.00 plus shipping if seems like a great deal for a nail polish centered sub box.    If i really like it i might upgrade to the full size box for $25 a month.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizDenise View Post

Where did you find it? LOVE new sub boxes.

this is the link for april:

http://www.rainbowhoney.com/collections/rainbow-honey-mystery-bag/products/april-mystery-bag

this is the link for the subscription that starts in may:

http://www.rainbowhoney.com/collections/rainbow-honey-mystery-bag/products/mystery-bag-subscription

I love Rainbow Honey. I got the February and March mystery bags and thought they were awesome. I'm waiting on my April bag to ship. So far, the two bags I've gotten both had two polishes, and then a number of extras (like top coat, nail art glitter, cuticle oil, perfume/lotion sample, etc.). The quality of their polishes is really good and I think it's a good deal for $10 plus shipping.

I like the mini bag because the polishes are usually so "out there" (in a good way) that I'd never use up a full-sized bottle. On their Facebook page they did say that the larger subscription bag might have more samples, but it'll basically be the same thing just with bigger polish bottles.

I am waiting for April's mystery box; I just got March's and it's a very nice set (two small polishes, a cuticle oil, a perfume sample and a fairly generous foil sample of hand cream that has been lasting me several days now.) I'm seriously considering subbing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimouse View Post

I ordered April's mystery box.  I'm thinking of subscribing.  any one else get these boxes?  I think may is the first month that it will actually be a subscription.  for $10.00 plus shipping if seems like a great deal for a nail polish centered sub box.    If i really like it i might upgrade to the full size box for $25 a month.  

I've bought all of their mystery bags when they were for individual sale and have loved them all! March's mystery bag was two minis of upcoming colors, a mini rollerball (think the package said 1ml, but it's a nice rollerball with screw top cap) of one of their new perfumes, a foil packet of lotion (a generous foil packet, I had to pot it so it wouldn't go bad) and a mini of cuticle oil (that's not released yet)

February's was a pot of their glitter, a mini top coat, a mini rollerball of perfume, and two minis of upcoming (now released) polishes.

I ordered the $25 mystery bag for April and am getting the small one as well (their order over x dollar amount freebie on the site) and will post what's in when I get them later this week.

My only complaint with the minis is that for some reason the glitter polishes dry out fairly  quick. I had this happen on my mini Robot collection set, and am noticing it on other mini glitters I have from them. Which doesn't bother me since the mini is really to try the polish and see if I want the full size later. (I usually do, I love their polishes, they have a good formula, and I've had good experiences ordering from them.)

I'm probably going to sub towards the end of the month.

I just got my April mystery bag and it is amazing!! I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who ordered it, but if you want to know what's in the bag, I can put it under a spoiler cut in another post. Man, is it good, though! This is completely worth my $10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imberis View Post

I just got my April mystery bag and it is amazing!! I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who ordered it, but if you want to know what's in the bag, I can put it under a spoiler cut in another post. Man, is it good, though! This is completely worth my $10.

Under a spoiler please!!!!

I put a picture of just the polishes under here. My phone's camera is awful, but you get the idea. Super spoilers, lol.

- Cameo 18 polish- It's a bubblegum pink cream polish. Very nice!
- Stellar Travel polish- Super glitter time! The majority of the glitter is a fine pink, but then it has pretty much every other color in there, too. It's so cute. Oh! I just noticed it also has little hot pink stars in it.
- All Your Base - Base coat. LoL at the name. I love their top coat, so I hope I love their base coat just as much.
- Rose Nectar Rollerball- Perfume sample. I don't know how I feel about the scent, but I'm not a big rose person.
- Sparkling Agave Pigment- This is loose pigment in a jar. It came with two foam eyeshadow applicators. They say these are "cosmetic pigments," so I guess you can use them as eyeshadow? It's a light green-blue color, just like their Sparkling Agave polish.
- Rose Nectar Lip Balm- This is the same scent as the rollerball perfume. It feels so nice on. The majority of the ingredients are natural oils (avocado, coconut, etc.).
- Plus ten nail art studs! Mine are little gold square studs.
  • Like 1

Quote:

I put a picture of just the polishes under here. My phone's camera is awful, but you get the idea. Super spoilers, lol.

- Stellar Travel polish- Super glitter time! The majority of the glitter is a fine pink, but then it has pretty much every other color in there, too. It's so cute. Oh! I just noticed it also has little hot pink stars in it.
- All Your Base - Base coat. LoL at the name. I love their top coat, so I hope I love their base coat just as much.
- Rose Nectar Rollerball- Perfume sample. I don't know how I feel about the scent, but I'm not a big rose person.
- Sparkling Agave Pigment- This is loose pigment in a jar. It came with two foam eyeshadow applicators. They say these are "cosmetic pigments," so I guess you can use them as eyeshadow? It's a light green-blue color, just like their Sparkling Agave polish.
- Rose Nectar Lip Balm- This is the same scent as the rollerball perfume. It feels so nice on. The majority of the ingredients are natural oils (avocado, coconut, etc.).

Now I really wish my tracking would update, I'm excited now! A base coat? I'm intrigued - I'm having a tough time finding something other than Butter's Nail Foundation that I love (and loves me). If the lip balm is anything like their cuticle balm (which I also use as lip balm depending on the scent), chances are it'll be good stuff. Even if I don't like the fragrance scent, I love their packaging for them.

I got March's box and it was my first experience with RH.  I LOVED it and am thinking about subscribing, especially since April looks so great too.

Quote:

Thanks for posting the pic.  I don't think think I would get much use out of April's polishes, so I'm going to pass this month. 

I do wish that I had ordered the March box because I really like All My Stars.

• Like 1

You're welcome!

I love All My Stars, but it requires a lot of top coat or else the stars stick out a little bit and catch on things. Poffin Party might be my favorite of their polishes. It's so cute. I wish they had minis of those polishes for regular sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAddiction View Post

A friend of mine bought the $25 April mystery bag and posted her impressions: http://imgur.com/a/BRIzm

I ordered the $10 bag and am waiting for it to arrive. 

Thanks for the link. It's nice to know the differences between the big bag and the little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAddiction View Post

A friend of mine bought the $25 April mystery bag and posted her impressions: http://imgur.com/a/BRIzm

I ordered the $10 bag and am waiting for it to arrive. 

Thanks for posting that! That's definitely well worth the $25 pricetag.

I just ordered the April Mini Mystery too... I am stoked. They seem like a great nail polish brand and I also ordered the sweet talk set from Fab.com

I subscribed a few days ago after reading several online reviews. Great price point-definitely worth trying out imo.

I've gotten 2 Rainbow Honey mystery bags and I've loved them both.

So, of course, I subbed!! Lol...like I need another polish sub, but it's so darn cheap I couldn't resist. I just went with the mini one because the bottles are adorable.

Does anyone know if the mini is the same types of colors/scents but just the smaller products than the $25 one?

Yes they are, but the large sometimes also gets a bonus product or two that the mini doesn't get. Not polish though, for instance this month the large got a sample hand cream.

• Like 1

Ooh, this sounds neat! Loved the RH polish I got in my April Ipsy bag. The April Mystery bag colors aren't my favorites so ill wait for May.

I just got their e-mail about a Mother's Day kinda-mystery bag. It's $25 plus $5.95 shipping, so I'm a little hesitant to purchase it. It says it has two polishes and a scented top coat, plus some "spa experience" products. Available in their Sakura Matsuri scent or French Lavender. You can pre-order now if you got the e-mail. I want to do it, but I know I shouldn't. But I want to. LoL

Edited by Imberis
  • Like 1