(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, the May window will soon be here. I didn't preorder, so I'm not sure what to expect with the pile wand coming out. Last year's box was very popular, with the 1920's theme. What do you think will be in the May box besides the pile wand?

Oh yea, I completely forgot that May is the plie wand month.  I pre-ordered it because I can use all the help I can get when it comes to painting with my other hand and since they decided to make it compatible with their original caps, I'm really excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not into the speckled polishes myself, but still excited to see what they come out with.

I have a feeling this is either going to be another really interesting box with plenty of more experimental colors and finishes (to pull in all of the Mavens who didn't preorder, and in that case, I may very well upgrade) or completely boring (because, hey, they have all of those preorders, so why worry about the colors? In that case, I will continue to hang out in Skip City).

Curious of what to expect! I agree with meaganola, I hope it's a super crazy/new/different/trendsetting kind of month and that they didn't put all of their focus into the wands.  I didn't pre-order since I have yet to be sold on these wands.  I'm still begging for a body/foot product rather than makeup, since I think they do those best but I'm not holding my breath!  I think we've seen all the makeup products they surveyed us on except mascara, so I anticipate seeing that come out within the next few months.

We do know the add-on tools will be the plie dotting tool and brush attachment, so maybe this month will focus more on nail art?

I have a strong feeling there will be a ballet theme going on for this month [you know, to go with the "Plié" Wand]. Or maybe that's just too predictable. Either way, I want some cool textures! I'm also excited because I have enough Jules to get a free box. :)

To the older Mavens: was last year's lip scrub good? I purchased Buff using the Lip35 code from March, & so far I'm really enjoying it.
I think it was a nice scrub, but Lush scrubs are half the price for twice the amount so I stick with those.

I think it was a nice scrub, but Lush scrubs are half the price for twice the amount so I stick with those.
Ooh I didn't know the Lush scrubs were cheaper! Thanks! Once I use up Buff I'll consider picking up Lush's popcorn flavored one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Curious of what to expect! I agree with meaganola, I hope it's a super crazy/new/different/trendsetting kind of month and that they didn't put all of their focus into the wands.  I didn't pre-order since I have yet to be sold on these wands.  I'm still begging for a body/foot product rather than makeup, since I think they do those best but I'm not holding my breath!  I think we've seen all the makeup products they surveyed us on except mascara, so I anticipate seeing that come out within the next few months.

We do know the add-on tools will be the plie dotting tool and brush attachment, so maybe this month will focus more on nail art?
I also really hope they send out a body/foot product soon! They haven't sent one out in forever and I agree that they do those the best so I hope for more from them! They had a mascara a long time ago, but I never got it and really didn't hear any good things about it so although I know it's probably coming soon, I'm not looking forward to mascara from Julep. Is there even going to be a product this month or is the plié wand the product? 

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a strong feeling there will be a ballet theme going on for this month [you know, to go with the "Plié" Wand]. Or maybe that's just too predictable.
Either way, I want some cool textures!
I'm also excited because I have enough Jules to get a free box. :)
A ballet theme would be fun and would tie into the plié wand. I don't really know what to expect this month but since I pre-ordered I really hope the colors are good!

I was just looking through their blog and they have an article where they talk about new gel eye gliders they are releasing in the "near future". The article is recent, so maybe that will be the product this month? I got the Eyes all Aglow set from the secret store and really like the colors but haven't gotten to use them yet. Maybe those will be re-released in full size or it will be something similar?

I was just looking through their blog and they have an article where they talk about new gel eye gliders they are releasing in the "near future". The article is recent, so maybe that will be the product this month? I got the Eyes all Aglow set from the secret store and really like the colors but haven't gotten to use them yet. Maybe those will be re-released in full size or it will be something similar?
Uhoh. Have we gone over my fixation on non-black eyeliner pencils lately?

Oh I hope not. Julep has me all makeup'd out. Plus it wouldn't really go with the Plié Wand thing. If they do another product at all, it will probably do with the nails or hands. Then again it shouldn't matter to me anyway, I'm very loyal to my style profile [it Girl].

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To the older Mavens: was last year's lip scrub good? I purchased Buff using the Lip35 code from March, & so far I'm really enjoying it.

I think it was a nice scrub, but Lush scrubs are half the price for twice the amount so I stick with those. I second that  I love the Lush popcorn lip scrub.

The Maven Window always sneaks up so fast on me! I can't believe it's already the 9th. I'm also wondering if they'll be a product or just the Plie Wand. I didn't preorder my box, so I guess I'm not "guaranteed" a wand but I am assuming they'll make enough since they went so far over their goal. 

Not sure how I feel about a ballet collection. The idea sounds like it could be cute (I'm envisioning baby pinks, neutral tans, some soft gold shimmer and maybe a stark black) but I'm still craving brights for the nice weather! I was thinking a mermaid collection would be cool. Or under the sea or something. With corals, blues and yellows. 

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofserendip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Maven Window always sneaks up so fast on me! I can't believe it's already the 9th. I'm also wondering if they'll be a product or just the Plie Wand. I didn't preorder my box, so I guess I'm not "guaranteed" a wand but I am assuming they'll make enough since they went so far over their goal. 

Not sure how I feel about a ballet collection. The idea sounds like it could be cute (I'm envisioning baby pinks, neutral tans, some soft gold shimmer and maybe a stark black) but I'm still craving brights for the nice weather! I was thinking a mermaid collection would be cool. Or under the sea or something. With corals, blues and yellows. 
Mermaid collection sounds great.  

For some reason though I feel like this will be a skip month for me because I have no interest in the Plie Wand.

The Maven Window always sneaks up so fast on me! I can't believe it's already the 9th. I'm also wondering if they'll be a product or just the Plie Wand. I didn't preorder my box, so I guess I'm not "guaranteed" a wand but I am assuming they'll make enough since they went so far over their goal.  Not sure how I feel about a ballet collection. The idea sounds like it could be cute (I'm envisioning baby pinks, neutral tans, some soft gold shimmer and maybe a stark black) but I'm still craving brights for the nice weather! I was thinking a mermaid collection would be cool. Or under the sea or something. With corals, blues and yellows. 
Definitely would want a mermaid collection, since I'm such a Pisces. But that sounds a little like the March collection, so it's a long shot. ._. And a ballet collection sounds like the colors from January. Hmm... It's really up in the air.

When I think of ballet colors I think of exactly what the boudire collection was so I hope it's not similar to that. Under the sea sounds awesome and with endless possibilities! I would love a sea salt type texture in coral and polishes with names like Ariel and Nemo haha!

I'm kind of glad that I preordered and only have to choose which box I want this month .. no pondering over whether to skip or not ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I originally thought that the Plie wand would be the product of this month's box, but that wouldn't go with the It girl box.

Colorwise, I'm pretty open to anything .. usually I find at least 1-2 colors I like in every theme and rarely like a theme so much that I feel the need to get all the colors. I wouldn't mind a ballet theme with softer spring colors .. in contrast to the vivid ones last month and the also rather strong ones in the Riviera collection.

Just no more speckles please ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back