redjill

(Spoilers) Julep May 2014

Did you crowd fund? I did not, and have add-ons.

Looking for the key difference, other than the usual postal system vagaries...

Yes. I did crowd fund

Here's hoping I get a shipping notice today.  :rolleyes:

ETA I'm actually kind of over the May box at this point. I feel like I picked it out and ordered it so freaking long ago.

Edited by mandithomas89

Here's hoping I get a shipping notice today.  :rolleyes:

ETA I'm actually kind of over the May box at this point. I feel like I picked it out and ordered it so freaking long ago.

Me, too.  This is ridiculous.

Me, too.  This is ridiculous.

When I complained to customer service that I'd end up getting my box a few days before the next window opens (if I'm lucky) they said I'd be able to skip even though that's not usually an option for me. I'm kind of hoping there's nothing that I really want so I can skip. I don't want to give them my money or my jules. But if there's something I like, I'm not going to be able to resist even if I want to spite them.

edited for terrible punctuation

Edited by mandithomas89
  • Like 1

I finally had a chance to use the Plie wand to paint my toenails over the weekend and OMG this thing is so terrific for this purpose. I couldn't get comfortable using it with my non-dominant hand to paint my fingernails, but I'm so excited to have finally found a way to keep my toes pretty!

• Like 1

So, I know there have been some posts over the last few months on Julep's formula but I just wanted to say that I am still wearing my same mani I posted and there is not a single chip in it, and super minimal tip wear.  Literally this weekend I was garnering for like 10 hours and I'm talking removing rock from our walkway and putting in a new garden from scratch.  I know they definitely have their misses but this is like the gold standard for polish in my book!

• Like 2

So, I know there have been some posts over the last few months on Julep's formula but I just wanted to say that I am still wearing my same mani I posted and there is not a single chip in it, and super minimal tip wear.  Literally this weekend I was garnering for like 10 hours and I'm talking removing rock from our walkway and putting in a new garden from scratch.  I know they definitely have their misses but this is like the gold standard for polish in my book!

Awe, good to know, I kinda wish I had gotten a box now.  I didn't because I was so unimpressed with the formulas from April.  I haven't even bothered to try any of the other ones (I did the Full Polish Upgrade) because I was so annoyed, although I'm sure I will eventually.  My giant Zoya order and OPI Brazil Collection have kept me busy the last few weeks.  Also, although April was supposed to be spring colors a lot of them actually seem much more summery to me so I've been saving them until it's hot and sunny out.  It's been rainy and cloudy where I live and bright pink, neon green, and hot orange are not on my horizon atm.

Same for me, I'm wearing Jules and Ramona and I have had it on for 3 days, no top coat, no base coat, and there's only one tiny chip and that was just because I almost broke a tiny part of my nail from banging it against something. The polish cracked a little on the area, and I kind of picked it off. But otherwise, no other wear. Very impressed considering usually by this time I'd have giant chips in it.

• Like 1

Awe, good to know, I kinda wish I had gotten a box now. I didn't because I was so unimpressed with the formulas from April. I haven't even bothered to try any of the other ones (I did the Full Polish Upgrade) because I was so annoyed, although I'm sure I will eventually. My giant Zoya order and OPI Brazil Collection have kept me busy the last few weeks. Also, although April was supposed to be spring colors a lot of them actually seem much more summery to me so I've been saving them until it's hot and sunny out. It's been rainy and cloudy where I live and bright pink, neon green, and hot orange are not on my horizon atm.

I feel you! Flora was sooo awful and Felicia was disappointing too (formula wise)! That's what confuses me about julep sometimes, they have the gold standard and the crap standard and I'm not sure they understand the difference haha. I'm actually going to send them an email and tell them how great they are in case it matters to anyone there. I forget to send emails to subs about good things so I finally will :)

@kellysilva - Ramona is next on my list! I hope they keep it up!

I agree about the wear of Julep polishes. I only have a few colors but I've gotten at least a full week of wear with no chips out of all of them. 

I just took off Ramona after 6 days. It wore well but it was awful to apply. Thick and streaky. I was sick of looking at my bad manicure. 

None of my polishes seem to last long and so far the Freedom topcoat hasn't done a whole lot to help that either.

The Freedom Top Coat is great at smoothing out bumps or dents but it really shrinks my polish and chips after a few days so I don't wear it too often.  I found Seche Vite top coat which has been a lifesaver.  You might also try the Orly Rubberized Base Coat - I had a lot of luck with that helping my manicures stay on for quite a while.  Now I use OPI Nail Envy Original or Maintenance as a base, 2-3 coats of polish, and a coat of Seche and my manicures stay on until I get bored with them with hardly any chips and minor tip wear.

• Like 1

The Freedom Top Coat is great at smoothing out bumps or dents but it really shrinks my polish and chips after a few days so I don't wear it too often.  I found Seche Vite top coat which has been a lifesaver.  You might also try the Orly Rubberized Base Coat - I had a lot of luck with that helping my manicures stay on for quite a while.  Now I use OPI Nail Envy Original or Maintenance as a base, 2-3 coats of polish, and a coat of Seche and my manicures stay on until I get bored with them with hardly any chips and minor tip wear.

Thank you!!!

I'm still waiting for a shipping notice.  I am sort of getting impatient.

Me too. When they told me last Monday that my stuff wouldn't be shipped out until this week, I was pretty upset, but I figured they'd at least be sent out as soon as the week started... and now it's Tuesday, 8 days later and nothing.

I'm still waiting for a shipping notice. I am sort of getting impatient.

Same. I finally received an email from them today saying that my box will ship this week, just like they said last week.

Edited by Spydar

I got the same email last week that they would be mailed out via USPS within the next week. I thought that would be  yesterday at the latest. This is ridiculous. Even with USPS, if they don't mail it within the next three days, there's a good chance the June window will open and I still won't have my May box! 

I got the same email last week that they would be mailed out via USPS within the next week. I thought that would be  yesterday at the latest. This is ridiculous. Even with USPS, if they don't mail it within the next three days, there's a good chance the June window will open and I still won't have my May box!

Jeez... What a colossal f*ck up by Julep this month...

I'm still waiting, too.  Boo, Julep  :angry:

really sorry to those that don't have their may boxes yet - that stinks

Jeez... What a colossal f*ck up by Julep this month...

I'm so done with this month. I called today & CS said my box should be sent out by Wednesday, even though it was supposed to be sent out by last Saturday.

This is the biggest turn off ever. I used to be so excited about being a Maven, now I just feel royally screwed over.

I'll be lucky if I even get it before the window for June opens up.

Edited by itsoliviaaah