Lash Drive for Cancer Patients

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Zadidoll has kindly given me permission to post the idea I got to start a drive to collect all your unwanted lashes for people undergoing chemo/radiation. I would first like to thank her, as well as the other MUT admins for allowing this and getting the ball rolling!

I work for the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY, the world's very first comprehensive cancer research center and the model upon which other major cancer centers of its type have been built. We have both a faculty and a patient base representing all the populated continents, and I am proud to serve this diverse community and do my part to defeat this disease. Specifically, I am with the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation, which is the non-profit arm of the Institute, charged with all kinds of fundraising and event planning. One of the branches of this facility is the Western New York Cancer Resource Center, which is a sort of-one-stop-shop for patients and families to not only learn about cancer and what they can do to fight the good fight, but it provides products and services to help our patients lead a more comfortable and confident life during the course of treatment. Wigs, scarves and other headgear are available, as well as false lashes and we have a big need now. In addition to this department, we have recently launched an Adolescent and Young Adult division, which focuses on quality of life issues for a segment of the community often overlooked, and who are at a phase of mental and emotional development where appearance and confidence issues are deep even in the best of health.

Believing that self-confidence and a positive spirit are as essential to health and healing as conventioanl medicine, I am collecting unwanted false lashes to donate to the WNY Cancer Resource Center. I would like to invite you to PM me for address information, and on behalf of RPCI and the Greater Buffalo community, I sincerely thank the MUT admins and members for helping to make life brighter and more beautiful for people who are in need!

Hmm, let me see what I can find. I think I have at least one set from ipsy and I might have a few more from a swap. I'll be back and will pm you after I search my stash. Great idea btw!! =)

Wow, this is a great cause and I'm more than happy to contribute. I will have two sets by the end of the month that I was going to gift/swap but I'll save them and send them in. Do I PM you for details on where to send them to?

Back