Who else used to raid mom's make-up when younger?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHAH oook. I have some of my moms shadows and probably some mascara. I also "borrowed" her diamond earrings a few years ago. She gave up trying to get them back and let me keep them because they were my grandmas and she passed away so it's one thing that will always remind me of her and I wear them every day! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Am I the only one who didn't?!

I mean, when I was younger my only interest was for lipglosses, mascaras and black eye pencil, that was it, and I used to buy those myself with my pocket money, didn't really feel the need to draw from my mum's beauty case.

When my interest for makeup grew and involved more items I might have borrowed something sometimes just for the daily application, but then the next day I would have gone to the shop to buy mine.

So no, I can't really call myself a "raider"
biggrin.gif

I wish. My mom is caucasion and I'm not. As grateful as I am to be adopted, there's no hand me downs since we're different color palettes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by cumber1137 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish. My mom is caucasion and I'm not. As grateful as I am to be adopted, there's no hand me downs since we're different color palettes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm adopted too! I'm really thankful that I was! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mom never had very much makeup (mostly just lipstick, eyeliner, gel blush and mascara), but I loved looking at it all. Once I was about ten and allowed to stay home alone for brief periods of time, I'd go straight to that bathroom cabinet as soon as I got the chance. I loved trying those lipsticks out. I never flat-out stole anything, though...at least I don't remember doing that.

I definitely loved playing with makeup as a kid! But my mom never wore much makeup, so mostly what I had were hand-me-downs from my grandma, including some pretty nice barely used stuff! She always gets the GWPs from Estee Lauder or Clinique, and passes down what doesn't work for her. I still get some nice stuff!

My mother wore very little makeup--base, powder, a red lipstick and eye pencil. If I wanted to play with her makeup, the pickings were slim. However, I wanted to take off my clothes and dive into her perfume. She had a lot of vintage perfume, much of it brought from Poland (it's a myth that the old Communist countries had no beauty products. If one knew the right connections, there was fine makeup and perfume to be had in the black market.) I adored the cut crystal bottles with the bulb atomizers, that looked like a genie might live in them!

Quote: Originally Posted by Esthylove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm adopted too! I'm really thankful that I was! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too!  And I am totally thankful every day!!!

As for raiding my mom's makeup... not really because she really didn't use that much.  But my older sister..... that's a different story.  I totally used to raid her makeup draw in her room.  She was really into makeup when I was little so it was like a candy store.  But I totally had to sneak it, because she hated it when I would go into her room, never mind into her draws...lol  sometimes she would come home when I was in the middle of getting made up and I would have to scramble to get everything back in time.... a couple of times I ended up having to climb out the window...LOL

Me too!  And I am totally thankful every day!!! As for raiding my mom's makeup... not really because she really didn't use that much.  But my older sister..... that's a different story.  I totally used to raid her makeup draw in her room.  She was really into makeup when I was little so it was like a candy store.  But I totally had to sneak it, because she hated it when I would go into her room, never mind into her draws...lol  sometimes she would come home when I was in the middle of getting made up and I would have to scramble to get everything back in time.... a couple of times I ended up having to climb out the window...LOL
My older sister to this day. Will take anything of mine that she can get her hands on. I go to visit at Christmas and I'm like " oh I'm so glad you're enjoying my shirt". "Oh you're wearing my nail polish, how do you like it?" Lol. She's horrible.

Lived with my dad during high school, no makeup to raid. Moved out shortly after. I've been buying my own a long time. Now, it is my teenage daughters and their friends who raid from my stash. They all know I have a hoard and usually ask when they need want something. Usually. My girls like to help themselves, their friends always are respectful and ask.

I still go through my mom's makeup bags. It's just me being curious though! I like to look to see how much of the makeup I give/buy for her, she actually uses. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

High five to all the adoptees!

If she gets the GWP goodie bags from Clinique etc she usually gives me the lotions/moisturizers though which is always good.

Back