Worst Ipsy products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you think is the worst product that Ipsy has ever sent you?

For me it was in December 2013 bag, the Be A Bombshell One Stick. I gave it a chance by swatching it and wearing it on my cheeks. However, the color I got was terrible. It was like rubbing clear, pink glitter on me. Too glittery and sticky. I never wore it and tossed it a month later. It was just awful and smelly.

Some honorable mentions are the Pixi bronzer and proactiv mark fading pads from past January. *shudder* 

I feel like I've seen a lot of people on here who liked the Pixi bronzer! It's too shimmery for me but I wouldn't call it the worst. 

I've subbed to Ipsy since Dec 2012 and my least favorite items have been:

• Yaby pans for eyeshadow and concealer...I just hate getting little pans
  • Elizabeth Mott lash cards
  • J Cat sparkly cream palette

I really can only complain about the JCat glitter palettes we got as far as quality and way off base!  I love the quality of most of the products I have received, however most of the lippies I have gotten have been fuschia or pepto pink or some terrible shade of pink and I cannot pull those colors off!! Oh and the one stick I got, I just dab a little on my lips because the color is just tooo bright for anywhere else

Mine would probably be the J Cat Big Lip Pencil (Dec 2013) not only was it a terrible color on me, but it felt equally bad.  I tried to pass it on to my mom and she hated it too.  Mica Beauty balm (Jan 2014) for the same reasons.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautygroove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What do you think is the worst product that Ipsy has ever sent you?

For me it was in December 2013 bag, the Be A Bombshell One Stick. I gave it a chance by swatching it and wearing it on my cheeks. However, the color I got was terrible. It was like rubbing clear, pink glitter on me. Too glittery and sticky. I never wore it and tossed it a month later. It was just awful and smelly.

Some honorable mentions are the Pixi bronzer and proactiv mark fading pads from past January. *shudder* 
The One Stick was definitely my WTF item from Ipsy. The color was awful but the texture of it is what really grossed me out. I loved the Pixi bronzer though so there you go.

Quote: Originally Posted by Megan27ist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine would probably be the J Cat Big Lip Pencil (Dec 2013) not only was it a terrible color on me, but it felt equally bad.  I tried to pass it on to my mom and she hated it too.  Mica Beauty balm (Jan 2014) for the same reasons.
The J Cat Big Lip Pencil was my least favorite, too. I could barely get any pigmentation, and when I was able to, the color didn't suit me at all. I do try and pass on the things from Ipsy I don't like, but this was the one thing that went in the trash. 

The BAB Onestick was a big fail for me too.  I also didn't like the Jcat Honeycrisp lippie or the lashes they insist that I want.

I actually liked the Jcat lip pencil! Haha I thought it was a great color of me!

The reason why I didn't like the Pixi bronzer was because it doesn't show up that well on my skin. I couldn't use it as a bronzer so it's just sitting there. Maybe I will take it out again and give it another shot.

Yeah, the BaB One Stick was terrible.  I got the pink glittery one, swatched it once, and it's just sitting in a drawer.  It's too greasy feeling for a cheek product and too gritty for a lip product, so it was a major fail all around for me.

I've been subbing since June.  My worst products from ipsy are

Jcat Glitter palette

BH eye trio in the California collection  - beautiful colors, but no pigmentation and no staying power.

Pop Beauty Pop Crayon - it was a greasy mess on my lips and the colors were weird.  I will stick with the chubby sticks by Clinique

Jcat honeycrisp lipstick

Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black - dried out

Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow - lovely color, but had no staying power on my eyes.  Just flaked off in a glittery mess

POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini .  The one ipsy sent out smelled like burning rubber.  The replacement from Pop Beauty was just lovely!! 

I actually was going thru my glam room to put together this list - I am pleased to report that I am happy with many of the items ipsy has sent me - in the sense that they are quality products.  Now some of them went on my swap list, only because it was the wrong shade or I wasn't interested in the item - but overall, the products were quality items.

This is my first bag, which hasn't arrived yet, but I'm already hating the fake eyelashes they're sending me. I wear glasses so big giant lashes are soooo not my thing, I'll def be swapping or gifting them to someone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by VickyTaft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is my first bag, which hasn't arrived yet, but I'm already hating the fake eyelashes they're sending me. I wear glasses so big giant lashes are soooo not my thing, I'll def be swapping or gifting them to someone else.
believe it or not, the fake eyelashes I got were not the worst item ever that ipsy sent me!!  I mean, I don't wear them, and I hate them, but that is more of a personal thing. 

I've been with ipsy since December 2012, so I've got a lot to choose from. My worst items are:

Pop Beauty Smokey Lash Kapaw - Feb 13 (flaky fallout mess)

Sation Nail Lacquer - April 13 (sticky, messy, bristles fell out of the brush in a big clump)

JCat Glitter - July 13 (ugly chunky glitter not intended for the eye area - I got JCat lashes in the same bag, and while I cried about getting double JCat, they were not terrible)

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon - July 13 (chalky and lacking color payoff)

JCat Fantabulous Lipstick in Honeycrisp - Sept 13 (gross texture and zombie color)

Pop Beauty Plump Pout - Feb 14 (nothing I want to rub on my face more than goo that smells like a burned out vacuum belt)

Turns out I really hate Pop and JCat.

I haven't subscribed to Ipsy for the last  few months, but when I did, the worst item was definitely the glitter palette! Not only was it bad quality, it seemed so weird to me that this would be the item they decide *everyone* can use. It's supposed to be customised, and I get that some items are sent to everyone, but that one is bizarre! Even if your profile said you were a super low maintenance no-makeup-makeup kind of person, you still get glitter.

Jcat Honeycrisp

Jcat glitter palette thing

Jcat lashes

I'm never buying Jcat again.

Also, Pixi mascara. Worst mascara I've ever used.

The One Stick had a lot of potential, but bad execution, so, can't call it the worst for me.

I know the fact that I received multiple sets of fake eyelashes over the course of my subscriptions there was part of why I cancelled. But nothing I can recall was worse than that JCat glitter palette. Did anyone like it? I usually sell things I don't want, but I just threw that thing in the trash. And I kind of feel the need to mention that practically every lip product I've ever gotten from them has been some crazy color that I'd never wear (though I make use of them by melting them down and mixing them). I wish they'd send more universally flattering shades. Here I am complaining, though, as I sit on the wait list to re-sub...

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know the fact that I received multiple sets of fake eyelashes over the course of my subscriptions there was part of why I cancelled. But nothing I can recall was worse than that JCat glitter palette. Did anyone like it? I usually sell things I don't want, but I just threw that thing in the trash. And I kind of feel the need to mention that practically every lip product I've ever gotten from them has been some crazy color that I'd never wear (though I make use of them by melting them down and mixing them). I wish they'd send more universally flattering shades. Here I am complaining, though, as I sit on the wait list to re-sub...

I've never heard anyone say they liked it! They might be too ashamed, though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I still have mine tucked away, I guess I figured it could maybe be useful for halloween or something, particularly for younger relatives (my nephew really likes glitter!) but I haven't actually used it. One color has a swatch in it, and that was enough for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by BelleSade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Jcat Honeycrisp

Jcat glitter palette thing

Jcat lashes

I'm never buying Jcat again.

Also, Pixi mascara. Worst mascara I've ever used.

The One Stick had a lot of potential, but bad execution, so, can't call it the worst for me.

True! I forgot about the Pixi mascara. I ended up just using it on my lower lashes for awhile and that was OK but still not very good and I threw it out after a few weeks.

False eyelashes, liver colored lipstick and weird nail polish couldn't drive me away from Ipsy.  But that JCat glitter palette did.  Ugh.  Hot mess doesn't even begin to describe it.

Latest posts

Back