beautygroove

Worst Ipsy products?

I got my first bag in October 2013, after 2 months on the waitlist. So far, every bag has only had 1 - 2 items I would actually use and the rest I have no interest in. (I rate everything and I've tried tweaking my quiz many times trying to figure out the algorithm so I won't receive anymore lashes, nail polishes, hair products or lotions, but no luck so far.) I maintain my subscription in hopes that one day they'll send what turns out to be an amazing product that I would never have been able to chance spending that much on just to try it and see if I like it. 

There have been a lot of products I didn't particularly like or want, but only two stand out as inherently BAD:

- Be A Bombshell One Stick, which I couldn't even apply because of the texture

- Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm had no tint and didn't hydrate, though it was very greasy

I've also received a few broken and/or unusable (i.e. dried up) products, but it's not really worth the time and effort to complain and try to get replacements or refunds.

What would make me a happy customer is is if we could further customize our bag preferences, but it's my understanding that Ipsy doesn't have the resources for that

I do wonder if I would be more satisfied with another subscription box. I'm sure I will eventually get fed up and take the plunge.

I love the Demeter fragrances so much because no matter which one you get, it always smells exactly like the name, even if you re not expecting it to! Whenever I've been gifted/purchased weird ones, I just re-gift them as goofy party gifts and everyone gets a kick out of them!

The worst item I've gotten so far (only been subbed since Oct '13) was the Be a Bombshell The One Stick. I got the lighter pink color and it was too light for blush but too pink for highlighting. Plus there are so many bad ingredients in that brand that even I couldn't justify using it. Yuck.

• Like 1

May 2013- yaby concealer

June 2013- jcat glitter palette

July- coola spf moisturizer. It stung so bad.

Sept- Jcat fantabulous lipstick in honey crisp. What were they thinking?

Nov- kiss lashes

Dec- BaB the one stick- just awful.

Feb 2014- pop beauty gloss: TOXIC, jcat lashes

April- mary Kay gloss- Ipsy why you hate me? :(

May- avene thermal water- useless, ck perfume

June- real tree perfume, BaB mascara

Nov- BaB eye base- creases badly

May 2015 bring better samples and better beuty quiz samples.

• Like 1

Skone eyeliner-I thought my sample was dried out, requested replacement, also dried out

Nicole by OPI -On a Gilt Trip- hideous color

BaB eye base- creases and the color is gross on me

Hang Ten Tanning Oil

JCat lip paint- red potion- I really wanted to like this but it's too messy

Temptu highlighter- does nothing for me

Other items were great products just tiny samples or weird colors. No pale brunette wants bubble gum pink colored lip products. 

That tanning oil from last summer. I'm already naturally dark and I don't... need it at all.

Also the marshmallow colored balm from this month. I didn't even open it.

For me (besides black mascara four months in a row) it was the Nicole textured nail polish from last Spring. Its color and texture both reminded me of a village wading pool where I grew up, that always tore snags into my swimsuit because it was very rough and maintenance was only occasional. It felt like the polish was getting in the way of typing, and forget wearing it with nylons or closed-toe shoes. It was just uncomfortable all the way around.

Also the marshmallow colored balm from this month. I didn't even open it.

I wish I had not opened the NYX marshmallow balm.  It smelled so artificial and terrible - not altogether unlike the air freshener in public washrooms.  There's no way I'm going to use use it a second time...

Is it weird that I actually kinda liked the JCat glitter pallete and to this day I still use it sometimes? But then again I love glitter and I tend to always have one of those glitter palette things lying around sometimes. 

I think the worst I've gotten was the Two Cosmetics Eyeshadow duo (mostly because it was pink and pink is definitely not a good color for my eye area) and the Cailyn Gel Eyeliner because it was so dried out and I couldn't make it work at all.