kawaiisofoxy

A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Discussion

Hello lovelies!  I'm moving the "Secret Santa" discussion to its own thread rather than continue to hijack the old SS thread.  We already have Fairy Signups (the updated Elves) and a discussion going on about what questions to add to the quiz this time.  HUGE thanks to @meaganola for all of her assistance and I'm officially appointing her my second in command.  We've decided on a Midsummer Night's Dream as our theme, and we will all be each other's Fairy (or Fairy Godmother), granting fashion dreams and makeup wishes.

The current schedule is:

-Discussion starts here, and continues til the site transitions later in April.  

-The signup thread will go up on the NEW site in late April, and continue through early May (it will be for 2 weeks)

-You will have two months to shop this time, from early May through early July

-Gifts will be mailed in a two week period in early/mid July.

Please feel free to offer any questions, comments, observations, criticisms, complaints, or feigned praise here on the thread!  I'll be copying over the rules from the previous SS exchange later,- we're keeping all the same rules, regulations, and price limits as before.  

So excited, ladies!

Gosh, I'm so excited! I cannot wait to start shopping and discussing everyone's ideas! I'm going all out again. And, as always, if there is any extra help needed, I'm always available and willing.

Yay!  Just so all of the links are in one central place, Fairy Central Casting Call Lounge:

http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/142284/midsummer-swap-2014-fairy-central-casting-call-and-lounge

Survey brainstorming/discussion (please help edit this monster down!  I was having some major migraine fallout problems Friday night when I posted it, and there is some major culling that needs to happen): 

http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/142290/discussion-midsummer-swap-2014-survey-brainstorming

Hmm...  I should do something about my signature to reflect the new festivities! 

I'm so excited to get to participate in this (assuming it is the same rules for participation as Secret Santa!). I couldn't have participated for SS2013, but I loved reading all of your gifts to each other!

Thanks for organizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsalt View Post

I'm so excited to get to participate in this (assuming it is the same rules for participation as Secret Santa!). I couldn't have participated for SS2013, but I loved reading all of your gifts to each other!

Thanks for organizing!

Unfortunately, I think that this round is only going to be open for signups to people who did SeSa 2013.  But, really, the true fun is in the slumber party-ness of the discussion thread and fairying!  There's no prerequisite for being a fairy.  Definitely hang out and chat with us, though, so we can get to know you for the real SeSa in November/December!  It's more fun putting packages together for people we *know*!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Unfortunately, I think that this round is only going to be open for signups to people who did SeSa 2013.  But, really, the true fun is in the slumber party-ness of the discussion thread and fairying!  There's no prerequisite for being a fairy.  Definitely hang out and chat with us, though, so we can get to know you for the real SeSa in November/December!  It's more fun putting packages together for people we *know*!

Ooo sad face, somehow I missed that--thought it would be like SeSa with open sign ups. I will do my best to hang around for the "slumber party"! 

Yes, sorry!  It is only open for those who participated in the Nov/Dec SS.  I really hope you stick around and hang out with us, this discussion thread is a great way to meet everyone!

• Like 1

Yes, sorry!  It is only open for those who participated in the Nov/Dec SS.  I really hope you stick around and hang out with us, this discussion thread is a great way to meet everyone!
Agreed! Half the fun was meeting all you fabulous people on the discussion thread.
  • Like 1

I am so excited for this.  I'm saving my BB points so I can make my dollars go a bit further.  :headphonedance:

Yay, our own thread!! I'm really excited to participate in this again, as SeSa was entirely too much fun and I'm kinda getting sick of beauty shopping for myself and my mom only! hahaha 

I'm crossing my fingers that I get a fannish person of one of three or four particular persuasions *and* that a certain Kickstarter backer reward arrives in time to be included in this package!  The timing is currently cutting it close, and most Kickstarters I've dealt with have had delays (one of them in particular was supposed to be delivered in  November -- 2013.  Still waiting on that one, but that's what happens when you're dealing with an elaborate art book).  And, yup, saving Birchbox points over here.  And setting lots of stuff aside from sub boxes/GWPs/order freebies to possibly include and/or swap for other stuff to include!  I learned some fantastic tricks about getting the most bang for my buck last time around.  With the longer shopping window, I'm hoping that I can work the same magic this time around even without things like Black Friday specials!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

I totally missed that lol. Does that include those who were just in the nail polish secret santa!?

• Like 1

I totally missed that lol. Does that include those who were just in the nail polish secret santa!?
Been wondering about this too ...

Yes Nails is fine! Either/or. I organized the nails one so I have a pretty good sense of those who participated and it went really well. Sorry for the confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Yes Nails is fine! Either/or. I organized the nails one so I have a pretty good sense of those who participated and it went really well.

Sorry for the confusion!

Woo hoo! I am excited :3333

Hi! How do I sign up for this? I am so excited to do the Secret Santa and wondered how to go about doing it??? If someone would let me know I would be appreciative.

Hi! How do I sign up for this? I am so excited to do the Secret Santa and wondered how to go about doing it??? If someone would let me know I would be appreciative.
It's not open for signups yet! All of the current information is in the first post of this thread on this page.

Yes Nails is fine! Either/or. I organized the nails one so I have a pretty good sense of those who participated and it went really well. Sorry for the confusion!
Hooray! The SeSa4Nails was so fun and I had such a great Santa. Can't wait!