kawaiisofoxy

A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Discussion

This is going to be great. I went to the fairy name generator and got a fairy name. Lol. My fairy name is Meadow Elffilter She is cheerful and friendly. She lives in fields where wild flowers and poppies grow. She can only be seen on midsummer's eve. She wears a skirt made of red petals and has transparent green wings like a cicada.

It's not open for signups yet! All of the current information is in the first post of this thread on this page.
Thank you so much! I look forward to doing it! Nancy : ). Have to find my Fairy name too! Woohoo!!!!

Oh goodie gumdrops!! I can't wait for everything to get underway. :icon_chee

@chelsealady, the name generator is a fun idea. I went and got a name too, but it has to grow on me, lol! Guess I need to update my profile now.

My fairy name is: Hemlock Moonwand

She is a messenger of the moon goddess. She lives close to vixen and badger sets. She can only be seen when the seeker holds a four-leafed clover. She wears black and white like a badger and has bright blue butterfly wings.

My fairy name is Buttercup Willowshimmer She casts weird dreams. She lives in clover fields where fairy rings grow. She can only be seen when the first flowers begin to blossom. She wears bright clover green and has delicate green coloured wings like a cicada. But you can call me PRINCESS BUTTERCUP!

Super excited for this!! I had to try the fairy name generator too:

My fairy name isFen DemondancerShe is a playful mischief maker. She lives in reed marshes and lonely fenland. She can only be seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears pale pink marshmallow flowers and has red wings like a brightly coloured butterfly.

So my fairy name is:

Hazel Heartwitch

She casts love spells. She lives in places hexed and tainted by black magic. She can only be seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking. She wears black feathers and rose petals and has colourful cerise wings like a bright butterfly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsalt View Post

I'm so excited to get to participate in this (assuming it is the same rules for participation as Secret Santa!). I couldn't have participated for SS2013, but I loved reading all of your gifts to each other!

Thanks for organizing!

Unfortunately, I think that this round is only going to be open for signups to people who did SeSa 2013.  But, really, the true fun is in the slumber party-ness of the discussion thread and fairying!  There's no prerequisite for being a fairy.  Definitely hang out and chat with us, though, so we can get to know you for the real SeSa in November/December!  It's more fun putting packages together for people we *know*!

^We should probably stick this in the first post on the thread or something. Or are we still working out the official 'rules'? 

My fairy name is Hazel Yewglimmer. :love:

She casts spells of enchantment. She lives in places hexed and tainted by black magic. She can only be seen when the sun sets on the day of a completed harvest. She wears black feathers and rose petals and has russet-coloured wings like a brightly coloured butterfly. 

• Like 1

I'm sticking with the name @magicalmom (mortal Queen Hippolyta) gave me -- Titania, Queen of the Fairies -- but the fairy name generator gave me:

Quote:
Cherry PepperwandShe plays tricks on small children and old folk. She lives in fruit orchards and vineyards. She can only be seen when the seeker holds a four-leafed clover. She wears red, cerise and purple berry colours and has autumnal brown wings, like a butterfly.

Here's the weird part:  My middle name -- which wasn't entered into the generator -- actually means orchard or vineyard.

In completely unrelated news, I wish that _X-Men 3_ didn't suck as hard as it does.  I'm watching _X-Men: First Class_ (less than five weeks until _Days of Future Past_!  Eeeee!), and I really want to watch the stinger for _X3_ because MOIRA!, but I despise the director and refuse own it.  Maybe I can coax my connection into lasting long enough for me to watch it on YouTube.  It likes to stall out frequently.

So excited about this!!! I'm already collecting and hording!!!!!!  I can not wait to start stalking my fairy and trying to figure out who has me!!!  

I already have some gift ideas for about 25% of the people participating so far... This probably means I spend too much time on here, but oh well! :icon_redf

I'm the love fairy! I wonder how it knew from my name that fall is my favorite season, partly because my birthday is often the first day of autumn? And that purple and green are my favorite colors, especially for nail polish (hint, hint)? My fairy name is Juniper Vinetree She brings couples together. She lives in clear-headed pine forests. She can only be seen when the first leaves fall from the trees. She wears purple juniper colours and has gentle green butterfly wings

A note on the fairy thing from Titania, Queen of the Fairies and Hand of Queen Hippolyta: This all started because bossy big sister right here was trying to come up with a summer version of SeSa elves, aka the helpers who would act as go-betweens for Santas and Santees. Unless you post in the Casting Call thread volunteering your services, I'm not adding you to the helper list, and if you *do* post over there asking to be added to the list, you are volunteering to be a helper fairy. Neither of these places are signing up to be in the swap itself. I'm starting to get confused about who is volunteering to fairy and who is just getting into the spirit of the theme, and that's not a good thing for a fairy wrangler to be. Thanks!

• Like 3

Yes!  If you'd like to be a helper fairy, please volunteer in the Fairy Recruiting thread (meaganola posted a link upthread).  If you want to have a fun fairy name, GO FOR IT!  All are welcome to be beautiful fairies, but the HELPER FAIRIES must read the "job description" on the other thread (to make sure it's something you want to do) and volunteer there.

Thanks, my lovelies!  We're trying to keep this as organized as (humanly) possible!  Looks like Puck is already up to his usual mischief.  Silly boy fairies.

• Like 1

Well now I want to sign up for the fairy recruting thread just to get a whimsical fairy name!

Copying and pasting this here to use later ;]

Buttercup Flameweb

She lights fires in the heart. She lives in clover fields where fairy rings grow. She can only be seen in the mist of an early morning. She wears bright clover green and has fiery orange butterfly wings.

My fairy name is so Cla$$y. I love it. Its perfect. and will also make a stripper name that says "hey, i'm a class lady but i am also whimsical"

Rain Quillglitter: She watches over the birds. She lives near bubbling brooks where Lords and Ladies and cuckoo's pint grow. She can only be seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears a dress made of deep blue petals and has lemon coloured butterfly wings.

• Like 3

Haha and everyone now has their fairy names AND Halloween costumes! Queen Hippolyta here. Everyone can have a fairy name! You don't have to volunteer to pick a fairy name! In fact, lets see I I can copy/paste this from my phone correctly: My fairy name is Feather Moonglitter She is a messenger of the moon goddess. She lives in high places where the clouds meet the earth. She can only be seen in the light of a shooting star. She wears raven-black feathers and has bright blue butterfly wings.

• Like 1

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!

Columbine Demonglow

She is a playful mischief maker. She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows. She can only be seen in the light of a full moon. She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers and has red wings like a brightly coloured butterfly.

Who knew that Columbine flowers were SO PRETTY?

This is really too much fun already!  So glad we are doing this--it puts a huge smile on my face every time I visit one of our Midsummer threads!  I love you ladies! :love:

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac13 View Post

I think my name will be Princess Luna

This is basically my cats name ;] well she's Luna, but she's also the princess of my house.