Battle of the BB Creams!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay all you lovely lads and ladies out there! I recently purchased and have been testing out the Maybelline BB cream. I am fairly satisfied with it but looking into other options. My recent foundation purchase was a bust. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The lightest shade at the Clinique counter did not fit my skin tone. So, I have decided a more sheer coverage BB or CC cream might be what I need. Does anyone have a BB or CC cream they would recommend? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am currently looking at Urban Decay's Naked Beauty Balm or it Cosmetics CC cream. What has been your experience with BB and CC creams? Are they worth the investment? I've read lots of mixed reviews on BB products. Thanks, guys!

I have switched from foundation to BB/CC cream exclusively. I prefer lighter coverage. I have tried tons through my subs. Currently I am using Marcelle (available through Birchbox). I like it a lot. I have used the Maybelline and I really liked that one a lot! I don't care for Dr Jart because it separated and was hard to apply. I really liked Dr Brandt Flexitone. I has a lot of coverage but it adjusts to your skin tone. But it's very expensive. I have sensitive med skin tone. My pores clog easily. I didn't have any problems with Dr Brandt or Maybelline. If there is a particular brand you are looking at or concern - that would help to specifically address your questions. Hope this helps.

I am also trying to find one. Just popped in to say though that the urban decay one has ZERO coverage. I know bb creams are "light coverage" but that one is just zilch. Just a heads up!

I am also trying to find one. Just popped in to say though that the urban decay one has ZERO coverage. I know bb creams are "light coverage" but that one is just zilch. Just a heads up!
This is so true. I just happen to try me sample last night and it did nothing. The redness on my checks was not toned down. I was disappointed.

Thanks, guys! I have some hyper pigmentation from acne blemishes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have such a difficult time finding shades of foundation that aren't too yellow or orange toned on my skin. That's what has made me look into them.

Garnier bb cream is so good but make sure u get the one for oily/combo skin it has really good coverage like a medium/ full foundation I normally wear that or lorac cc cream in the summer

I just recently started using Physicians Formula's All-in-1 Super BB Beauty Balm Compact Cream.  I find it's not bad for covering a fair amount of the redness I get on my face when compared to other BB or CC products that essentially just 'tint' or have very minimal coverage.  I also like that it comes in a compact, so it's easy to use on the go.  I may try others in the future, but it seems to work decently at the moment. 

OK, so I have only tried this once as I don't wear makeup. And because it was also my mums. :-$

But... Seriously...

This, “Oasis Beauty Hepburn Cream” is DA BOMB!!!

It is super soft, cruelty free... Meaning no animal testing!! YAY!!! And to top it all off, it has a all over coverage. Oh and did I say... It doesn't feel heavy and sticky.

This rocks. They have three different tones...

Hepburn-which is for a caramel tint.

Monroe which is for a cream tint.

Bardot- which is for a honey tint .

All the reviews are great and... I love the smell of the Hepburn one. So lovely.

Blends well and I forgot I was wearing it. :)

That's me done. Look forward to hearing more comments. :)

Arigato!

I haven't tried it yet - but I keep reading good things about it - and it keeps winning this years awards...so I'm tempted

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother Finishing Cream, SPF 30
I use a skinceuticals physical fusion - one - its very natural but takes away my redness and has great protection and doesn't clog up my pores as many others are prone to do. Many I've tried are too orange or too pale - this one seems to just disappear and make me look like me but better... - I'm still on my first bottle and I use it daily and its been 3 months...so although its about $35 I'm okay with the price as I think I've got another month plus before I crack open the next bottle.

I really love B Kamins BB Cream but it's pricey. I got a deluxe sample of it in one of the beauty subscription boxes I used to subscribe to. I feel like I've tried them all but this one really blew me away!

HGPZpAi.jpg

Dior Skin BB cream is uh-may-zing. Creamy yet still medium-coverage. I bulk it up with Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo foundation, which I had always found to give great coverage but be too drying.

I also test-drove Urban Decay's BB cream, which was watery and orangey, ick. Also Smashbox's CC cream, which was meh. Dior all the way.

Dior is my favorite as well by far. It feels amazing, coverage is great and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. No breakouts either. I just tried a sample of Bobbi Brown bb cream yesterday and it wasn't bad. It's not like Dior but it was ok. The only thing I didn't like about it was it smelled like sunscreen.

I like the Garnier - I use the one for normal/dry skin, even though I have combo skin, and with a powder I think it works well (as long as I don't use my normal moisturizer - basically I use the BB cream instead). I sampled and loved the Studio Gear CC Cream, but decided it was out of my budget for the time being. I like the Dr. Jart black label as well, although it is a tiny bit too dark for me right now (I use it in the summer...I'm very pale in the winter!). 

i'm currently really liking the bb cream from tarte. i got a sample from ulta (some gwp bag) and i'm hooked. there are four different shades and it does a pretty good job of toning down my redness.

I love my maybelline one, but it is the one and only one I have tried and I have also been looking at others. I keep hoping my subscription boxes contain one to try out, but no such luck so far!

Anyone know how to get free samples to try?

I feel like someone should come in and just say it already: what is marketed as BB creams over here, is actually nothing more than tinted moisturizers. If you want to try a real BB cream, you have to purchase one made in Asia. Right now Missha, Dr. Jart+ and Skin79 are the most popular options, and also the easiest to get. I highly recommend Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream for first-timers, it's exactly what a BB cream should be - low maintenance, good coverage, super easy application, and flawless finish.

I agree with OiiO, there are no BB products made in the US that compares to the Korean ones. Real BB creams are far more than a tinted moisturizer, and they should contain SPF of at least 20. I have tried more brands than I can even remember off hand, but I only recommend the Korean made ones.

Back