Julep Dupes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumaday

Lumaday
Reaction score
I figured it would be nice to share any know Julep dupes out there, so please feel free to add any dupes you know of for Julep colors!

Julep Ocativa = Finger Paints My Buoyfriend, Zoya Pinta

Julep Rae = Essie Splash of Grenadine

Julep Tatum = Wet N Wild Fergie in Glowstick

Julep Brigitte and Bunny = Sinful Colors 101 Snow Me White

Thanks for starting this thread @prettylights! I love knowing about possible dupes for colors. 

Does anyone know a dupe for the base color of Felicia? I thought it would be close to Denver, but it's not blue enough. It's definitely close to mint, but a lot of the mints I have are much bluer than Felicia. 

Julep Misti dupe is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 350 Gray by Gray

they are virtually identical in the bottle and on the nail. No issues with this Sally Hansen (the sally quality varies a lot too) 

Rimmel makes a great super shiny opaque black 430 Black Satin. Dries quick and wears well.  Dupe for Julep Jet 

Quote: Julep Misti dupe is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 350 Gray by Gray

they are virtually identical in the bottle and on the nail. No issues with this Sally Hansen (the sally quality varies a lot too) 

I've also found Julep Misti to be a dupe for Nails Inc. Green Park (as in I was able to put each on half of my nail and not be able to tell the difference!).

This general type of color --dusty/grayed-out greenish-blueish-tealish-grayish -- IS my wheelhouse, and I absolutely fell in love with this shade when I first saw the Nails Inc one (it's actually the only Nails Inc shade I've ever bought at full price --sshh -- although now it is IS down to $5.00 at Sephora (my comfort price point for both brands). I have been sitting on my hands from keeping myself from getting a back-up, since a) I've never finished a bottle of nail polish in my life and B) now I have not only Julep and NI's but, hey, I can even try out SH's!). 

I typically prefer the formula of Nails Inc., and Green Park was a dream, but my Misti was also one of my best Juleps yet, gliding on easily, not too thick or thin, no streaks, so I have to wonder if there's something about this particular formulation of color that makes it work well that would lend three different brands that tend to have such a variety in their quality to all produce such winners! (or, is it more likely that all three polishes are actually being produced by the same place and poured into different bottles?! I guess not, as Julep has such a distinctive, not-like-usual-nail-polish smell, but, still. I actually love the smell of Julep polishes. Is that weird?). (And, yes, I know NI is from the UK**). I don't know enough about the science of color/why the different colors have consistent application profiles (i.e, the suckiness of yellow across all brands and universes, etc)," to know if that's enough to really explain it, but it just seems crazy that, for how many dupe comparisons I've seen that never seem to be TRUE dupes, here are either, two and two or three, w/ the same color, and a fantastic one at that!

I'm not 100% sure but Butter London's Airy Fairy looks a bit like India...I can't say much because I don't have India to actually compare it with.

Princess Grace is a 95%-100% dupe of OPI's Where Did Suzi's Man-go.

I swatched them together when I got my Nailed It set. And, I couldn't tell any difference.

Also. Phoebe is very close to Urban Decay's Deep End. Though, different enough to justify having both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back