huge hair loss!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my mum, she is 45 and her hair is falling huge amount every time she combs her hair or wakes up in the morning on pillow, and her hair is turning grey too, I have used few different shampoo/conditioners but hasnt worked yet, and having just few and grey hair, i dont know what hairstyle will suits her, normally I do her hair, she dont like much doing herself cuz she says she dont know how to,

Well, its natural to lose hair with growing age. Our skin and hair are a lot dependent on our everyday diet. Right intake of Vitamin A will help promote the growth and health of cells and tissues throughout the body, including the hair. Some good food sources include carrots and green leafy vegetables.Some animal sources are eggs and fish oil. Good Luck.

You should not wash your hair everyday, you should wash it ever other day if you can. It's also natural to loose hair with growing age.

Inneov by L'Oreal (available only in Europe but she can order it online) will help to thicken hair and prevent greying. Copper supplements will also help with premature greying. Iron supplements can really help women with hair loss if iron defieciency is the cause in the first place. At your mom's age her problem could be perimenopase a hormonal change which occurs in the mid to late 40s. A collagen supplement can help her to keep the hair she has and can alos greatly diminish shedding.

Use toppik!! It will hide her hair loss, and look amazing!! My friend burnt her hair at a salon , and so she had to use Toppik until it grew back. Also if she's having a lot of hair loss, maybe she could see a doctor, just to make sure there's nothing wrong? and than take it from there.Best of luck!

Although it is quite true to lose hair with the growing age but there are few remedies to your hair that you can adopt.Drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables is probably the best way of achieving hair growth.Vitamins B,C,F,Zinc,iron,copper and protien are essential for hair growth.Massage the oil of arnica, marigold, rosemary and southernwood into the scalp. It is very useful in preventing hair loss. aloe vera shampoo when combined with wheat germ oil and coconut milk makes a gel that promotes hair growth.

my mum, she is 45 and her hair is falling huge amount every time she combs her hair or wakes up in the morning on pillow, and her hair is turning grey too, I have used few different shampoo/conditioners but hasnt worked yet, and having just few and grey hair, i dont know what hairstyle will suits her, normally I do her hair, she dont like much doing herself cuz she says she dont know how to,
In her case due to the extensive hair loss she needs to see a doctor to rule out an hormonal imbalance or underlying illness. Normal hair loss is a few strands per day but not "huge amounts".

In her case due to the extensive hair loss she needs to see a doctor to rule out an hormonal imbalance or underlying illness. Normal hair loss is a few strands per day but not "huge amounts".
I agree. Having ferritins levels checked is important because most women suffering from hair loss have low ferritin levels. But at 45, it's most likely a hormonal issue and some bloodwork will determine the best course of action.

My sis was having the same issue, she blamed it on being too stressed out at work. It turned out to be a possible deficiency in iron. She started taking iron pills (low dose) -in higher concentrations it can cause constipation and eating more foods with iron like beans. She noticed the difference within a month. -Worth a shot  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dear Rob, its very normal to shed hair in this age, however if taken proper care and by using of correct hair product will sort it out. I too after my pregnancy went through this phase. Then i started using ayurveda products, which helped me out. You need to know what product will suit your mother's hair type.

I have been using Lass Naturals IHT9 oil,conditioner & shampoo, and i am a satisfied user. I stopped loosing my hair, it has sarted growing back again. It has all natural products & no harsh chemicals are used. 100% vegetarian too. Try it ans see the change. Also remeber along with using the correct hair product you need to keep your diet right and do not take stress.

My hair has been falling out a lot lately, and I already know I am anemic, so I started taking a prenatal vitamin about a week or so ago and it's not falling out quite as much as it was, so I am hoping that it will continue to help. 

Hair loss is commom problem nowadays,you don't need to worry about it so much.But several weeks ago,i sawed a video on youtube teach us how to make hair more beautiful with some product. I 've found the video,you can take a look and i hope that can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Having ferritins levels checked is important because most women suffering from hair loss have low ferritin levels. But at 45, it's most likely a hormonal issue and some bloodwork will determine the best course of action.
I definitely agree with @@CajunKitty, if this is alot of hair coming out, maybe try and help get her checked out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, it might be iron deficiency like @@Nicky Valentino said, but if you didn't want to use pills or meds, maybe try eating tons of meat, it helps lift the level of protein and iron intake. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

All the best Buddy. Let us know how she gets soon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyone loses hair. It is normal to lose about 50-100 hairs every day. If you see bald patches or lots of thinning, you may be experiencing hair loss.  The most common cause of hair loss in men is androgenic alopecia, the early stages of which can be slowed or reversed with medication, while more advanced cases may be amenable to hair transplantation. Luckily, most causes of hair loss can be stopped or treated. Anyone troubled by hair loss should see a dermatologist. 

Well, it is the hormonal changes that are taking place and resulting huge hair loss. In this case, you should use olive oil only. Massage with olive oil everytime before taking a head bath. If it doesn't suit then, time to go to some doctor.

In her age that was a problem cause my mom is 50 years old and everyday she has also some hair loss but not that so many and i think it is because she really cares a lot her hair cause if i am not mistaken her hairs experience a lot including rasvoittuvat hiukset or oily hair

Your mom should definitely see a doctor first and foremost. My mom was having the same issue, among others, and it turned out to be an autoimmune illness. When you lose a lot of hair really fast, it's usually due to something going on INSIDE, not outside.

In the meantime she should be very gentle. She can start by washing her hair less often, using cool water, and avoiding shampoos/products with citric acid (this causes hair loss/irritation for some people).

Your mom should definitely see a doctor first and foremost. My mom was having the same issue, among others, and it turned out to be an autoimmune illness. When you lose a lot of hair really fast, it's usually due to something going on INSIDE, not outside.

In the meantime she should be very gentle. She can start by washing her hair less often, using cool water, and avoiding shampoos/products with citric acid (this causes hair loss/irritation for some people).

A dry shampoo, and a cut that allows gentle finger-combing, are two potential ways to help a little -- but I agree with the others. Get your Mum to a doctor, stat.

Perimenopause is often a source of hair loss, because the hormonal changes don't just cause hot flashes and mood swings -- there are actually larger biological changes that go with it, and all too often, women of this age need supplements of various kinds. I'm on calcium + D myself for just this reason. Sometimes women need hormone replacement -- androgen in particular is important for hair growth. The gray is something she may have to live with until any underlying medical issues are resolved -- hair dye is an irritant to the scalp, no matter how good it is. 

Protein is important to strengthen hair and promote growth. The recommended daily amount is about two to three 3-ounce servings of meat or a combination of four to five servings of dairy and beans.

Latest posts

Back